2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

What to do when Carrier and Girgenson are healthy?

It will be a shame to see Moulson take a roster spot from any of the younger, faster and better options!

What's the ideal line- up?

Bailey, O'Reilly, Okposo

Kane, Eichel, Reinhart

Ennis, Girgenson, Foligno

Baptiste, Rodriguez, Carrier

Gio traded and Moulson in press box?

I like this lineup and agree Gio and Moulson in press box/traded.  I don't know if the veteran presence means anything or whether that is a trite phrase.  Speed.  The kids show fearlessness bringing the puck to the inside in the offensive zone.  If I see Gionta skating to the outside one more time where he flings a catchable wrist shot to the goalie I will die from banging my head against the desk.

Edited by Lumpy

I like this lineup and agree Gio and Moulson in press box/traded.  I don't know if the veteran presence means anything or whether that is a trite phrase.  Speed.  The kids show fearlessness bringing the puck to the inside in the offensive zone.  If I see Gionta skating to the outside one more time where he flings a catchable wrist shot to the goalie I will die from banging my head against the desk.

Also are you not better off (long term) having the "kids" be part of a playoff drive., even if they don't make it?

#Sabres lines

Bailey-O'Reilly-Okposo

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart

Foligno-Girgensons-Gionta

Moulson-Rodrigues-Ennis

From practice today

Me likey

Get Carrier healthy and in there over one of the wingers on the bottom line and let's goooooooooo

Oh, and I guess that means that our players had to come back to Buffalo before going to Colorado, and that none of our forwards were late/missed flights.

Me likey

Get Carrier healthy and in there over one of the wingers on the bottom line and let's goooooooooo

Oh, and I guess that means that our players had to come back to Buffalo before going to Colorado, and that none of our forwards were late/missed flights.

Dump Ennis and put in Baptiste and I can live with that.  

Jack only has one goal in his last 13 games. 11 assists in that time have helped the point totals stay up there, but he needs to start scoring more, because my life is meaningless without yeichels.

This is definitely something we'll see from time to time over the years. Goal scoring is so hot and cold, the important thing is that the assists keep flowing during those goal-scoring lulls that are always bound to happen. 

I just say the forward lines for tonight.  OK, you win, time to Fire DD.  

Bailey- ROR-Okposo

Kane-Eichel-Gionta

Foligno-E Rod-Reinhart

Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis

Why isn't Reinhart in the middle?  Seriously.  If you are going to mix things up, detach Okposo from ROR and move Kane up to ROR.  Let Jack play with KO.  Now give Samson his own line with Gionta and Foligno.  Move Bailey back to RW and then lets see what happens.

Maybe try this

Kane-ROR-Bailey

Moulson-Eichel-Okposo

Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta

Ennis-Girgensons-E Rod

I mean, you didn't even bold the fact that Eichel is playing as Johan Larsson :P

True brought it up the other day: the hope is with the least amount of talent around him, Jack will just shoot the puck more and do everything himself 

And to be clear: Dan prefers Jack, ROR, Larsson, Girgensons and Rodrigues to Sam in the middle.

He may also prefer Grant and COR.

I think Rodrigues may stick.  He's a converted winger; they may have deferred promoting him as a center until they felt he was ready.  That said, I think he's still learning the position, especially at the NHL level, and as good as he's looked so far I think there's still room for growth.  He might be a perfect 3-4C.  Grant and COR, on the other hand, are clearly maxed out and good for no more than backfilling a real NHLer.

My feeling is that Sam doesn't see center on an ongoing basis until ROR is gone.  Grab a Snickers.

Today's practice lines took another step in the hilarious direction:

Moulson - ROR - KO

Foligno - Eichel - Gionta

Kane - Girgensons - Reinhart 

Ennis - Rodrigues - Bailey 

Obviously trying to boost Moulson's trade value.  Duh.

I wouldnt mind seeing a big bruiser line of Foligno Girgensons Baptiste

fify.  I just don't see Bailey as a bruiser.  For the record, Bailey and Baptiste weigh the same (a bit over 200), but Bailey is two inches taller, which makes Baptiste a bit more stout of build.

Oh look, the Sabres have lost 3 in a row, and the trade deadline just passed and guess what? They are fielding the same crappy team. Yeah!

They didn't want to send the message that they've packed it in for the season (even though they have). I for one, have complete faith in Kulikov, Franson, Gionta, and Nilsson to keep this sinking ship afloat even though they've been here all season and we still suck. Cutting them loose to better evaluate their depth while receiving draft picks sends a bad message to the suckers who buy tickets.... I mean the loyal fans who they're trying to win for. Sounds like hockey heaven to me.

They didn't want to send the message that they've packed it in for the season (even though they have). I for one, have complete faith in Kulikov, Franson, Gionta, and Nilsson to keep this sinking ship afloat even though they've been here all season and we still suck. Cutting them loose to better evaluate their depth while receiving draft picks sends a bad message to the suckers who buy tickets.... I mean the loyal fans who they're trying to win for. Sounds like hockey heaven to me.

LOL.  Thanks I needed that.

Oh look, the Sabres have lost 3 in a row, and the trade deadline just passed and guess what? They are fielding the same crappy team. Yeah!

Do crappy teams generally make trades to get better immediately on the trade deadline?

We'd really feel better with a sixth rounder in a garbage draft to watch Falk instead of Franson? We care that much about Falk over Franson, and sixth round picks?

Sucks that Kulikov was hurt and that it scared teams away, but I can't bring myself to care about today even a tiny little bit. We have much bigger fish to fry very soon.

Do crappy teams generally make trades to get better immediately on the trade deadline?

We'd really feel better with a sixth rounder in a garbage draft to watch Falk instead of Franson? We care that much about Falk over Franson, and sixth round picks?

Sucks that Kulikov was hurt and that it scared teams away, but I can't bring myself to care about today even a tiny little bit. We have much bigger fish to fry very soon.

Thanks. It's like we're kindred souls.

It will be interesting to see if GMTM re-signs Kuli.  It could be that with rest and proper healing, he'll be much improved next year, and signable at a lower salary than he would be had he had a good year this season.

God knows he owes us.

That said, for him Buffalo may be a nightmare that he wants to put behind him.

Kulikov and Bogosian both have great physical skills and questionable mental skills.

With Dan's system known for being complex, should we be surprised they are much worse here than with their last team?

Maybe we can acquire two middle pairing defencemen - that's what they've been all their prior careers - just by firing Dan.

Yes, that is how we got Miro Satan, Danny Briere, and Mike Grier, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.