College Football - Playoff

GoPre

Pretty excited about today's playoff games. Hoping Clemson beats Oklahoma. This is practical uncharted territory for them. As for Bama and Michigan State, I gotta go roll tide. Sorry guys, I went to and ran track for an SEC school. Gives me more reason to pull for Bama. Any of you excited? Pulling for a certain team? I'll admit over the years I've grown to like college football much more than the NFL. Still love the Bills, but their games are the only ones I'll watch.

Edited by Thanes16

Oooh, there's a thread for this!  I like the SEC in general, but my lady is a Michigan State grad, so I'm certainly pulling for Sparty.  I am a grad of an ACC school, so I'm rooting for Clemson.

The ACC especially needs a Clemson victory after yuck losses by Florida State and UNC (not to mention Pitt, NC State, and Miami).

Went to an SEC School. Have/want to pull for them.

I have heard this line of thinking and don't understand it. I get maybe afterwards celebrating the fact that an SEC team won but screaming "Roll Tide" as if you were a dedicated member of the fanbase confuses me.

I went to an A10 school. I know several people who are satisfied when A10 schools make noise in the NCAA tournament... I can't get there. I will root against them just like I root against loudly.

Clemson.

And Michigan Lite proved that it didn't belong.  

Good friends in Alabama, visit often so I have some ties to the area, have been to many games, so I associate myself with the team more so than any other program. If UB ever got good then my heart may be in it for them.

Ok, everyone's a comedian now.

Why ###### Clemson? This is the only place I've seen (locally) where the majority seems to be pulling for the status quo of champions in college football.

I hope Clemson wins in a classic game.

I don't need to give you reasons.   Clemson.

Why ###### Clemson? This is the only place I've seen (locally) where the majority seems to be pulling for the status quo of champions in college football.

I hope Clemson wins in a classic game.

I'm not sure Clemson can win. Bama's d line will be much harder to move then Oklahoma. I think Kirby Smart is locked in with his defense. Also I think bama is the first truly good all around team. Just not sure if Clemson can muster the talent to beat bama. Should be fun to watch.

That said I cheer SEC in the championship with a few minor exceptions, Bama isn't an exception.

I'm not sure Clemson can win. Bama's d line will be much harder to move then Oklahoma. I think Kirby Smart is locked in with his defense. Also I think bama is the first truly good all around team. Just not sure if Clemson can muster the talent to beat bama. Should be fun to watch.

That said I cheer SEC in the championship with a few minor exceptions, Bama isn't an exception.

I'm not too confident in Clemson. What do you mean by Bama being the first good all-around team?

I have heard this line of thinking and don't understand it. I get maybe afterwards celebrating the fact that an SEC team won but screaming "Roll Tide" as if you were a dedicated member of the fanbase confuses me.

I went to an A10 school. I know several people who are satisfied when A10 schools make noise in the NCAA tournament... I can't get there. I will root against them just like I root against loudly.

I'm with you, I don't get the conference thing. Hell, my parents are like that in pro sports too: cheer for the AFC and Eastern Conference. I just don't understand it.

I'm with you, I don't get the conference thing. Hell, my parents are like that in pro sports too: cheer for the AFC and Eastern Conference. I just don't understand it.

There is an old school mentality of cheering for the team that beat you, as if they better represent you than the other teams.  Same with rooting within conference.  Not my bag either.  

My most hated teams are in my conference/division.  And you won't see me rooting for teams that beat mine either..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.