College Football - Playoff

GoPre

I'm not too confident in Clemson. What do you mean by Bama being the first good all-around team?

Bama is the first team Clemson has really played that can match Clemson talent for talent at almost any position.  Sure Clemson has one hell of an offense but Bama isn't winning titles because of their offense, they win because of their defense and right now their defense is locked in. I don't think Clemson's o-line will be able to push the Bama d-line and create as much room up front as they have most of the year.

I think Bama is the most well rounded team that Clemson has faced.  FSU was mediocre this year, NC State was decent for them but mediocre, and no offense to ND fans but ND's only real test was Clemson.  I just think that Clemson has played some okay teams but no one really great and I am not sure how they will handle that. 

I hope it is a great game and I would be fine if Clemson pulls the upset (I think it would be an upset) but I don't think that is what will happen.

If you attended a school in that conference it makes a tiny bit of sense to root for other schools so your school gets a larger amount of cash payout from it... But that doesn't work for SEC schools. You're all rich.

Well, consider recruiting.  The ACC gets ripped as the weakest of the Power 5 conferences.  A bit of success in the spotlight for the conference can stifle that criticism.  More national media exposure for Clemson, and the ACC as a whole, is a good thing in attracting top high school recruits.

I suppose that a fan of an SEC team may not as high of a concern with this, since the SEC has such a good track record and is universally viewed as the top conference in college football.

• 1 year later...

Wow fell asleep when it was 14-0 Alabama darn thought it was a goner.

You missed a great one. After Watson got in a groove and Clemson made adjustments needed on D', basically force it to where Jalen Hurts had to make the plays, it was their game. Helped when Bama' lost their main running back, but no excuse. Bama had a chance to win the game. It came down to their D' having to stop Watson and company with a little over 2 minutes to play. They didn't. Clemson was the better team. A major congrats to them. 

Let me add Watson is now a qb I'd highly consider if available at number 10. Prior to last night, I felt he'd be drafted in the 1st round. Just not the top 10. And I also believe he'll be taken before the Bills have their 1st pick. 

Edited by GoPre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.