Sabrespace family squabbles and scandals

Ghost of Dwight Drane

I have it in good authority that Bettman absolutely loves the Pegulas.

I'm not saying he's more fond of Mrs. Pegula than I am, but maybe he's getting there. Maybe.

More seriously, Bettman apparently flipped his sh!t when he saw the completed Harbor Center, and thinks the league needs a few more Pegula families in it in order to progress.

Which is to say, if the Sabres want the 2018 New Years Day game, I bet they get it.

Oh FFS.....

On a side note, you may want to do 30 seconds worth of research before you chase off a quality poster like musichunch by claiming he is me.

To quote George Thorogood...."Now you funny too".....

Oh FFS.....

On a side note, you may want to do 30 seconds worth of research before you chase off a quality poster like musichunch by claiming he is me.

To quote George Thorogood...."Now you funny too".....

If 'hunch wasn't you, I'll eat my hat.

And I ain't funny (or heavy), I'm your brother.

The rejoinder of FFS is not unfair there. Sounds like I'm ball washing the whitewasher a bit, eh?

Never fear. My skeptic's mind is never far away.

The Gary parable was unbidden and icky.

If 'hunch wasn't you, I'll eat my hat.

And I ain't funny (or heavy), I'm your brother.

The rejoinder of FFS is not unfair there. Sounds like I'm ball washing the whitewasher a bit, eh?

Never fear. My skeptic's mind is never far away.

The Gary parable was unbidden and icky.

You really want to eat it you dipshit?

30 seconds of research and you could understand where that guy is coming from.

The question becomes, why didn't you come to me in private? I think I know the answer.

Now You Funny Too.....

And the Gary wrant was just a friendly reminder to the TRUE FANS who EMBRACED THE TANK, what they really are.

You really want to eat it you dipshit?

30 seconds of research and you could understand where that guy is coming from.

The question becomes, why didn't you come to me in private? I think I know the answer.

Now You Funny Too.....

And the Gary wrant was just a friendly reminder to the TRUE FANS who EMBRACED THE TANK, what they really are.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

No need to get all exercised, dude.

I heard the same voice. The fact that you're telling me brief research would've validated whatever point 'hunch was making tends to reinforce my ... hunch.

No matter.

As for why I didn't PM you? I was just having a bit of fun. Which is what this board is. For me. Christ. There's real sh1t -- plenty of it -- for me to get exercised about. Stuff around here doesn't nearly qualify.

I'm not sure what your point about Gary is/was. The metaphor was just ... icky. Like I said.

Be well, Ghost.

Edited by That Aud Smell

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

No need to get all exercised, dude.

I heard the same voice. The fact that you're telling me brief research would've validated whatever point 'hunch was making tends to reinforce my ... hunch.

No matter.

As for why I didn't PM you? I was just having a bit of fun. Which is what this board is. For me. Christ. There's real sh1t -- plenty of it -- for me to get exercised about. Stuff around here doesn't nearly qualify.

I'm not sure what your point about Gary is/was. The metaphor was just ... icky. Like I said.

Be well, Ghost.

Good luck to you as well.

^ You can't disappear until you do a summary of DD's start, as you see it.

In all seriousness, Bylsma is so sharp, it's going to take a while to let these guys figure it out.

I love the guy. The only thing I'm sceptical about is the focus on positive Corsi and all that BS.

Has anyone seen Eichel score a goal in the dirty area? 7 of 8 were 30 feet out. Sure, many were pretty, but he is not willing to play the real game. Audette, Briere, Dumont....snipers who were skill players but willing to camp out. Eichel wasn't shy about putting out youtube videos of him squatting a Volkswagon....so, where is that on the ice? Bylsma finds it lacking so I am encouraged we will get it long term.

In all seriousness, Bylsma is so sharp, it's going to take a while to let these guys figure it out.

I love the guy. The only thing I'm sceptical about is the focus on positive Corsi and all that BS.

Has anyone seen Eichel score a goal in the dirty area? 7 of 8 were 30 feet out. Sure, many were pretty, but he is not willing to play the real game. Audette, Briere, Dumont....snipers who were skill players but willing to camp out. Eichel wasn't shy about putting out youtube videos of him squatting a Volkswagon....so, where is that on the ice? Bylsma finds it lacking so I am encouraged we will get it long term.

When did Disco say this? That's been my biggest issue with Jack so far. If he can learn to be less passive and go to these areas, well, he's got the physical ability to be dominant doing so. Hope Dan can tap into that.

When did Disco say this? That's been my biggest issue with Jack so far. If he can learn to be less passive and go to these areas, well, he's got the physical ability to be dominant doing so. Hope Dan can tap into that.

He hasn't called anyone out by name, but multiple times in press conferences he has said guys aren't going to the net and willing to take punishment. That makes me happy.

I'd take that a step further. Has anyone seen him make a play in the dirty area?

Observations and thoughts like this are why I can't quit you, Ghost. And why I don't want you to quit on us.

And yes: I am sorry to have offended you, as I apparently did. No offense was ever intended, but was evidently imparted.

I've done time in SabreShank. I've heard they waterboarded Ghost, but it wasn't water.

I'd take that a step further. Has anyone seen him make a play in the dirty area?

He'll be a lunch pail, hard-working, card-carrying Buffalo guy soon enough. Don't worry. They'll beat the talent out of him.

Amazing  :lol:

Do you know where I'm coming from though? I fully understand Eichel needs a bit more bite to his game. But "he has to move his feet," "he has to go to the dirty areas," "he has to stop coasting and hustle more" are nails down the chalkboard for me. We really can't have anything nice, can we?

And, by the way, Eichel has not been shy about going wide and cutting to the goal mouth. It hasn't paid off yet. But let's not fit him for three-legged ballerina outfit yet.