For the Sabres fan on your gift list

PromoTheRobot

Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water, $99.00 ......   a labor of love.

Very cool of you.

Falling Water gets all the press, but only a few miles away is Kentuck Knob.  Falling Water is stunning as it blends into the surrounding but is a let down on the inside. Kentuck Knob also blends into the surrounding hillside, but the inside is a wonderful home.

Very cool of you.

Falling Water gets all the press, but only a few miles away is Kentuck Knob.  Falling Water is stunning as it blends into the surrounding but is a let down on the inside. Kentuck Knob also blends into the surrounding hillside, but the inside is a wonderful home.

On my bucket list (Falling Water). I had no idea about the other. Go see Darwin Martin, if you've not yet. I suspect you have. I've not been to Lake Shore.

On my bucket list (Falling Water). I had no idea about the other. Go see Darwin Martin, if you've not yet. I suspect you have. I've not been to Lake Shore.

In all honesty I had no clue that there was not one, but two homes in Buffalo. Mrs. Racer is not a fan but knows my passions. I will be playing hooky soon and shall ask for forgiveness when I get home.

Tuesday is the Dallas game, I've had my eye on that game for a while..... all the more tempted to be in Buffalo .

Very cool of you.

I thought both were great, just in different styles. The interior of Falling Water is a much more modern look (and materials) that may not be everyone's taste. Kentuck Knob is a more traditional home, that realistically would probably be a better place to live.

While you're there, Ohio Pyle, PA (it's just down the road) is a cool little town to get food. It's pretty "granola"; the economy is based around outfitters (canoes, etc.) and bicycles (it's a "major" rail-trail). The river and falls in town is worth a look. There's a cool water chute at the south end of town, tons of water coming down a 8-10 ft cut in the rocks.

PAMEAD2.jpg

Woods and Matt - thank you. There's a college, Florida Southern, about 45 minutes east of Tampa, eoughly 1/2 way to Orlando/Disney. It has the largest same site collection of FLW architecture. I'm estimating - 7 or 8 buildings. If you get here for tourism, conventions, etc., it's worth a trip.

Woods and Matt - thank you. There's a college, Florida Southern, about 45 minutes east of Tampa, eoughly 1/2 way to Orlando/Disney. It has the largest same site collection of FLW architecture. I'm estimating - 7 or 8 buildings. If you get here for tourism, conventions, etc., it's worth a trip.

Thanks for the tip, my parents have a place in Clearwater so that's entirely in the realm of possibility.

Bogo isn't available - is that a joke?

*out of stock*

He's available, just the law of supply and demand has delayed your purchase.

I thought both were great, just in different styles. The interior of Falling Water is a much more modern look (and materials) that may not be everyone's taste. Kentuck Knob is a more traditional home, that realistically would probably be a better place to live.

While you're there, Ohio Pyle, PA (it's just down the road) is a cool little town to get food. It's pretty "granola"; the economy is based around outfitters (canoes, etc.) and bicycles (it's a "major" rail-trail). The river and falls in town is worth a look. There's a cool water chute at the south end of town, tons of water coming down a 8-10 ft cut in the rocks.

To the first, concrete is not to my taste and I don't consider it modern. BUT.. I understand what your trying to say in a sentence. I would classify it as unique or progressive for the area, more than it's time. I know I'm knit picking, but I expected so much more with the hype, but got it with Kentuck Knob.

Ohio Pyle  :wub:

The whole family met up last week in Orlando. If I would have known I could have pulled off a Clark Griswald get away day at Wrightworld. One of us would be very happy today.

My family thanks you for keeping silent till today as they do not share the same enthusiasm for bricks and sticks as some of us do.

Just in Orlando and happened to stop by Lego World. Sad as it may seem the prices are in line. Not saying I would ever buy them, but the law of supply and demand is working just fine.

Had to chime in here.  There's a Lego store here in Columbus.  It's amazing the number and variety of sets that are out there.  Basically just about any popular culture set you can imagine.  Lego heaven.  With that variety comes all sorts of prices too, except low ones.  The store is very popular and busy every time I visit, however.

My kids love Legos, but we save large amounts of money buying them from Amazon or general retail stores on sale/clearance.  With some of the prices out there, you'd think Legos were made of gold.  :blink:

Edit: Oh and these OYO figures and prices are in line with that for sure.  Pretty pricey for little pieces of plastic.

Edited by EastsideOasis

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.