Mike Weber Injured (LBI)

WildCard

If they're not calling anyone up it might mean that Bogo is, in fact, very close to playing.

That would be great.

It also could mean that they'd rather use Deslauriers on D & give Schaller ice time up front in an emergency rather than making a Ra-cha-cha team that's won a few lately play minus another D-man that'll just sit in the Sabres' pressbox barring emergency.

That would be great.

It also could mean that they'd rather use Deslauriers on D & give Schaller ice time up front in an emergency rather than making a Ra-cha-cha team that's won a few lately play minus another D-man that'll just sit in the Sabres' pressbox barring emergency.

Could be Deslauriers too.  Yet another reason I love that guy.  So versatile.

I'll say it.  I don't want to see Des on defense.  As far as I am concerned, he's an emergency guy.  he wasn't going to develop into an NHL D man, hence the switch to LW.

I can't find the video but there was a presser with Bylsma from right around the start of the season where a reported asked him if there was a possibility we'd ever see D-LO brought in to play defense if they needed him to and the coach's reaction was an emphatic "no".

If they're not calling anyone up it might mean that Bogo is, in fact, very close to playing.

I'm not convinced that he'll be back before Kane...last update we have from DB is “He’s doing well, on progression, building a foundation. There is a date when you will see him. Eventually, you will see it come to fruition.” which, to me, sounds vague. "There is a date when you will see him" could mean anything.

edit: my stance on him not being back before Kane is MOSTLY sarcasm.

Edited by mustacheofgod

I can't find the video but there was a presser with Bylsma from right around the start of the season where a reported asked him if there was a possibility we'd ever see D-LO brought in to play defense if they needed him to and the coach's reaction was an emphatic "no".

You're probably right of course, but in a pinch I could see Des get some shifts on D.  If a D goes down in practice, they play Schaller in Des's spot and Deslauriers plays D.

I'm not convinced that he'll be back before Kane...last update we have from DB is “He’s doing well, on progression, building a foundation. There is a date when you will see him. Eventually, you will see it come to fruition.” which, to me, sounds vague. "There is a date when you will see him" could mean anything.

edit: my stance on him not being back before Kane is MOSTLY sarcasm.

Agree. Sounds vague to me too. Not even just vague, but intentionally so. But a few days have passed since then and maybe Bogo is pulling it together.

Edited by The Big Johnson

Well it's shifted to "maybe."

The team will not call up a defenseman for Thursday’s game. Bylsma said they can use Nick Deslauriers in an emergency.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.