Sabres earn props from 'yotes blogger

SabresFanInRochester

James Tanner was part of a panel on HockeyBuzz to list their top 5 NHL teams. He picked Buffalo for #5. The link and segment pertaining to Buffalo are below.

I don't know if they are the 5th best team -- alright, I do... probably not -- but they are playing some solid hockey. Friday's game against Philly was one of the best games I have attended in years! They are dominating and if it weren't for holding your breath every time the opposing team shoots, they would be winning close games. 3-1 in the past 4 games (and this is minus Kane.) Their stats are good. Let's see if it continues to translate to wins.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/HockeyBuzz-Hotstove/NHL-Power-Rankings-Surprises-At-The-Top/187/72216

5. Buffalo

Oh what did you do Tanner? Buffalo? You idiot! 

52% possession. 
Ridiculous 95 PDO.
Lead the league in high-danger scoring chances and third in HDSC differential. 

They're shooting under 5% and are dressing a goalie I barely ever heard of, but they are a team that is not just on the rise, but a team that has risen. O'Reilly is a monster. Eichal and Reinhart get better by the game. Their D is good, their F is solid. 

Do I really think that for 82 games their the fifth best team in hockey? No I don't, but I do think they deserve some props, right now, for being one of the best teams in the NHL so far. Let's not even look at their record, records are useless right now and have way more to do with luck than anything else. 

Buffalo is a good team, threatening greatness. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.