Page size for threads

beerme1

Page size  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Page size preference

• Long
    • Normal

Is this posts-per-page that you're talking about? I thought you could change that in your settings somewhere. I'm pretty sure I have my TBD set to 40 as well, I like it better that way. Other forums I change to 40 too.

That's what I thought too, I just can't seem to find it. I think they're referring to the default setting, the way the forum appears before signing in.

I go back and forth. Sometimes for the GDTs I'll read a page at a time and then other posts so I'm not wading through the one thread for 30 minutes straight. I'd be miffed if it went to a single page (without being able to change that setting for my account).

I prefer 40 but I'm ok with 20 as well. It should definitely not go over 40 or under 20 though. Under 20 leads you to having to click way too often and over 40 could cause pages to load too slowly, especially in those threads where people imbed lots of youtube videos or post gif images and quote each other's posts so there are a ton of items that have to load. My crappy gubment internet can't always handle it.

Is this posts-per-page that you're talking about? I thought you could change that in your settings somewhere. I'm pretty sure I have my TBD set to 40 as well, I like it better that way. Other forums I change to 40 too.

It is posts per page we're talking about. You have a way of changing yours? I do not see that anywhere.

This used to be user-configurable but the option was removed by the developer at some point. There has to be a balance between desktop and mobile users. I'm actually leaning towards the needs of mobile users and will probably change both forums to be the same at either 20 or 30 per page.

20 works much better, I think. Especially in mobile browsers, on which I browse both sites 90% of the time.

One feature on mobile browsing is the phone goes right to where I left off in threads. On my desktop I have to search to find that point. Maybe there's a setting for that in desktops?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

20 works much better, I think. Especially in mobile browsers, on which I browse both sites 90% of the time.

One feature on mobile browsing is the phone goes right to where I left off in threads. On my desktop I have to search to find that point. Maybe there's a setting for that in desktops?

Click the blue dot or blue star to the left of the thread title.

This used to be user-configurable but the option was removed by the developer at some point. There has to be a balance between desktop and mobile users. I'm actually leaning towards the needs of mobile users and will probably change both forums to be the same at either 20 or 30 per page.

Yeah! Screw User Input!  :P

(i kid, i kid, you be you.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.