What the heck do you look like?

Doohickie

My mental picture of you I thought would forever be creepy guy avatar. But no. You had to one up that with "The Buc fan" pic, and how exactly does one get a Southern Florida team's winter Jacket?

On a more serious note, congratulations on a happy and wonderful family!

Hahhaha, thanks man.  I'm toying with going back to creepy guy avatar permanently.  It's just suppose to be a family site and that avatar makes babies scream and cry.  I got the jacket at the Bucs game a couple years back when we took a trip down there.  You guys joke about them busting it out when it's 70 degrees but that's the truth.  Game day was hovering around 70 and there were many wearing jackets and full sweatshirts in the stands.

You and I may be the only members of this board who've owned Sabres, Leafs and Bucs paraphernalia.

Spot on.

Wow, you too?  Yep, I can't imagine anyone else with those three combos.  I feel obligated to say that although I had leaf apparel as a kid and my son has a couple of leaf things I have never purchased nor endorsed such sporting wear.

No worries. All you need is one good night of Svedka induced posting and you'll be fine.

stange, I've never heard of Svedka. I had to look it up, it appears to be a US brand of vodka that they tap in Sweden so they can sell it as Swedish in the US. But we have other kinds so I guess I'll be doing that someday... Edited by Dannepanne

stange, I've never heard of Svedka. I had to look it up, it appears to be a US brand of vodka that they tap in Sweden so they can sell it as Swedish in the US. But we have other kinds so I guess I'll be doing that someday...

I was in London and one of the locals and I were talking about beer; the feeling was companies send the "bad" stuff overseas since they can sell it as "imported". I rarely saw Bass (beer) in England, but at the time it was a staple of import beer in the US. Going the other way, Budweiser and Rolling Rock (of all things) were pretty prevalent American beer over there; which completely explains why foreigners have such a bad opinion of our beer.

I was in London and one of the locals and I were talking about beer; the feeling was companies send the "bad" stuff overseas since they can sell it as "imported". I rarely saw Bass (beer) in England, but at the time it was a staple of import beer in the US. Going the other way, Budweiser and Rolling Rock (of all things) were pretty prevalent American beer over there; which completely explains why foreigners have such a bad opinion of our beer.

Budweiser, Miller and Pabst Blue Ribbon is the US-beers i find most common here. But they aren't popular, but we aren't famous for our beer either so. 

Absolut Vodka is the most common Swedish Vodka in Sweden, you guys got it in the states too. 

Budweiser, Miller and Pabst Blue Ribbon is the US-beers i find most common here. But they aren't popular, but we aren't famous for our beer either so. 

Absolut Vodka is the most common Swedish Vodka in Sweden, you guys got it in the states too. 

Maybe our (after a few pints) theory doesn't hold water. It makes sense that only the larger companies (like Bud, Miller, Absolut, etc.) would have the resources to ship beer between continents. Only the larger microbrews distribute to the entire US, so I'm sure none of the good stuff gets over to Europe or Scandinavia unless you really go looking for it.

Maybe our (after a few pints) theory doesn't hold water. It makes sense that only the larger companies (like Bud, Miller, Absolut, etc.) would have the resources to ship beer between continents. Only the larger microbrews distribute to the entire US, so I'm sure none of the good stuff gets over to Europe or Scandinavia unless you really go looking for it.

There's a bar in town that have a floating collection of beers from smaller breweries across the world, you usually have no idea what you're drinking but that's half the fun. But I haven't run into any amazing US-beers at that place either, perhaps I should start drinking more... heh.

There's a bar in town that have a floating collection of beers from smaller breweries across the world, you usually have no idea what you're drinking but that's half the fun. But I haven't run into any amazing US-beers at that place either, perhaps I should start drinking more... heh.

That's cool. I'm usually a US microbrew guy these days, but there is a cool place in Norfolk VA that has a bunch of obscure import stuff, that is a fun time. If you get to that bar, make a note of what US stuff they have, I'd be curious. (we might need to take this to a different thread)

stange, I've never heard of Svedka. I had to look it up, it appears to be a US brand of vodka that they tap in Sweden so they can sell it as Swedish in the US. But we have other kinds so I guess I'll be doing that someday...

The way the U.S. usually works is a licensed importer brings it in, consumer packaged or in bulk. In this case it could be in bulk and then packaged and labeled here in the states. We are very strict about collecting our taxes on this stuff, can't have the Swedish mafia bootlegging their vodka over here :ph34r:

That's cool. I'm usually a US microbrew guy these days, but there is a cool place in Norfolk VA that has a bunch of obscure import stuff, that is a fun time. If you get to that bar, make a note of what US stuff they have, I'd be curious. (we might need to take this to a different thread)

The US-collection is probably not as exotic for you as it is for a Swede. I'm probably overselling it since our government has monopoly for selling alcoholic beverages (there for, most stores have almost the same stuff, with some exceptions. You can place orders at the store if you want something specific that is rarely found). But this discussion is better suited elsewhere as you said.

What kind of Swede dates a woman who wears Norwegian clothing?

Oh , hadn't noticed it before. I guess it's over between us now.

Joking aside. That attention to details is scary, but atleast I'm wearing all Swedish clothing. 

Who's the lovely lass photobombing your pic?

my lady

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.