GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo, 3pm edt, 10/12/2015

WildCard

Pysyk continues to play excellent hockey.

Risto seems to be improving from his late start.

Gorges is good in our zone and Franson in theirs.

McCabe looked like an NHLer.

When Bogo gets back, maybe we will have an NHL defence.

Edited by dudacek

Nice to have skill on the PP gain, but that win was all about being relentless on the puck.

Can't agree with this more.

You can see that everyone is starting to get a little more comfortable playing with each other so that they can trust each other and not be on the heel of their skates to really drive those battles. This was just a fun game to watch start to finish. Feels great to enjoy watching a Sabres game again.

Edited by StuckinFL

Rick may be a living legend, but he can't screw this up. He needs a better call for these goals.

They also need Swamp to do the audio mixing. The horn/crowd are obliterating the first part of Rick's "score!" call.

So now I'm convinced he's trying to say Yeichel. Then he seems to overdo the enunciation of Eichel to draw a contrast. It's just not working.

I'll steal one I just heard about via Twitter: Ei-carumba!

We outshot an opponent.  That happened about twice all of last year.

;)

We had more offensive possession time than an opponent. That happened all of zero times last year.  :w00t: :lol:

I like this team. And, Moulson is slick, I bet as long as Eichel is here, Moulson won't be traded away; he's Jack's blankie.

Goal aside this was the first game that Moulson was making awesome hockey decisions and got awarded with some assists. 

Edited by Ottosmagic13

Both of Jack's goals have kissed the post, making for that dramatic deflection into the net. Is there any doubt he could put the puck an inch to the inside if he wanted but prefers to give us some eye candy? Lord, I feel born again as a hockey fan.

Edited by pASabreFan

Eichel's pass to Kaner was sweet indeed.

Franson has a lot of offensive game. He can shoot it, he can pass it long or in tight and he has a good sense of where everyone is.

ROR is having a strong 2-way game.

I'm not a Reinhart hater, just a doubter that he's ready yet. I don't think he's made a single good play in this game.

Very enjoyable game so far.

Didn't watch the game, but did see that he provided a nice screen on the Ristolainen goal.   Wish some more would do that.

The only down side to this game was Reinharts physical play, again. Especially notable on the power play. He was getting thrown around a lot. He might need some time in Roc to develop physically. Mentally and Skills wise he seems ready but his possession numbers are atrocious. Going north south he makes some excellent passes but as soon as he has to dig along the boards he's bested. 

Didn't watch the game, but did see that he provided a nice screen on the Ristolainen goal.   Wish some more would do that.

Yes he did a good job on the first goal.  Plus, he was in good position most of the game - where he needed to be defensively too.  He just isn't strong enough on his skates yet.  He needs to work on battling along the boards, that's his biggest weakness.

H did, and he made other smart plays.  He will get stronger, but sending him to the A will not help his development. He is seeing the game at an NHL pace.

The only down side to this game was Reinharts physical play, again. Especially notable on the power play. He was getting thrown around a lot. He might need some time in Roc to develop physically. Mentally and Skills wise he seems ready but his possession numbers are atrocious. Going north south he makes some excellent passes but as soon as he has to dig along the boards he's bested. 

They were higher than Eichel's coming into today  :ph34r:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.