Eichel's strides remind me of Gilbert Perreault

dejeanneret

Watching the replay of Eichel's short handed goal tonight vs Leafs, I couldn't help but catch myself watching his legs as he broke free.

His legs and skating style remind me a ton of Gilbert Perreault.  While most guys do quick closed strides, Eichel's strides were wide, compact and looked very powerful.  He kept his head up most of the time.  You could see him pull away even though his legs were moving slower than the Leaf defender behind him.

From the waist down, you could put a replay of Perreault and Eichel from the same angle, and I'd swear they would look identical.

Crazy

Perreault had a wider base which gave him the freakish lateral movement. He looked almost bowl legged. Jack is more narrow which allows him to be more upright.  Both have/had incredibly powerful as strides.  Jack's first two steps remind me of Mario more than anyone else.  Mario never looked like he was moving and then he was gone.  Both upright with the head on a swivel. Either way, he is fun to watch. 

Jack's first two steps remind me of Mario more than anyone else.  Mario never looked like he was moving and then he was gone.  Both upright with the head on a swivel.

He's drawn cautious comparisons to #66 from many people -- including the legendary Jack Parker, who recruited him to BU.

Watching the replay of Eichel's short handed goal tonight vs Leafs, I couldn't help but catch myself watching his legs as he broke free.

His legs and skating style remind me a ton of Gilbert Perreault.  While most guys do quick closed strides, Eichel's strides were wide, compact and looked very powerful.  He kept his head up most of the time.  You could see him pull away even though his legs were moving slower than the Leaf defender behind him.

From the waist down, you could put a replay of Perreault and Eichel from the same angle, and I'd swear they would look identical.

Crazy

As someone who was born in 85 and never had the opportunity of seeing the great Gilbert Perreault play, I love hearing I may get to atleast see the resurrected version of him.  Going to be a fun next 15 to 20 years boys.

Perreault had a wider base which gave him the freakish lateral movement. He looked almost bowl legged. Jack is more narrow

I met Perreault once in a sauna at a racquetball court; he was just wearing a towel, and yes, he was incredibly bow-legged.

I actually had the opposite impression of Jack though.  When looking at the goal view of the shortie the other night, I was struck by how wide Jack's stride was when he accelerated.

I met Perreault once in a sauna at a racquetball court; he was just wearing a towel, and yes, he was incredibly bow-legged.

I actually had the opposite impression of Jack though.  When looking at the goal view of the shortie the other night, I was struck by how wide Jack's stride was when he accelerated.

I'm not sure if that's his normal stride as I'm not as well versed as most of you - but it would seem on this play the wide stride was to shield from the defender until he was passed him.  If you look close his first few weren't wide - then got wider as he got closer to the blue line - then he just coasted as he set up his choice of shot.

He's drawn cautious comparisons to #66 from many people -- including the legendary Jack Parker, who recruited him to BU.

I was gonna say Mario.   Big long powerful stride, deceptively fast because it didn't seem like he was churning the ice with this feet.   

Perreault was fast, powerful stride too, but different body type.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.