Sabres Defensemen -- Omnibus Preseason Thread

nfreeman

I think nfreeman's original pairings will be close to what we start the season with, except I don't think Guhle will play any regular season games to start the year. My guess to start is:

Ristolainen - Franson

Weber - Pysyk

Colaiacovo - Ruhwedel

When Gorges and Bogosian come back, I think they'll be the top pair, shifting the top 2 to start the year down one spot, and Colaiacovo and Ruhwedel out.

The D line-up will hopefully be passable to start the year. I'm most worried about Weber in a top 4 role. If Gorges (will it take a miracle?) and Bogosian can stay healthy when they come back, the D-corps could be decent.

Kudos to Murray for bringing in Franson. As well as some stop-gap D as well.

how old was Housley ? Shite. Did I just ask that.

Housley turned pro the year he was drafted (1982 -- he was #6 overall, btw) -- no more juniors for him.

BTW, he burst out of the gate with 66 pts as a rookie.  That started a string of 10 seasons in which he had at least 66 pts every year (except one, in which he had 62), including seasons with 77, 70, 81, 76, 86 and 97 freaking points).

He was amazing.

I think nfreeman's original pairings will be close to what we start the season with, except I don't think Guhle will play any regular season games to start the year. My guess to start is:

Ristolainen - Franson

Weber - Pysyk

Colaiacovo - Ruhwedel

When Gorges and Bogosian come back, I think they'll be the top pair, shifting the top 2 to start the year down one spot, and Colaiacovo and Ruhwedel out.

The D line-up will hopefully be passable to start the year. I'm most worried about Weber in a top 4 role. If Gorges (will it take a miracle?) and Bogosian can stay healthy when they come back, the D-corps could be decent.

Kudos to Murray for bringing in Franson. As well as some stop-gap D as well.

I'll search again, and the Sabres defensive injuries are not updated often, but I could have sworn that Ruhwedel is injured.

Injured list includes Bogo, Gorges, McCabe, Ruhwedel, Saguinetti and Guhle.

And THE SABRES DEFENCE WIL BE MEDIOCRE.

I'd actually be pretty pleased if the defense is in the mediocre range.

Been wondering this for awhile: what is the difference between defense and defence, or center and centre?

American vs. Canadian.

The Queen is the difference.

yes ... she and that criminal family are the direct problem.. .. that leads directly to those fake jewish zionist pig/turks/khazars etc.. and the remnant of spellings that have migrated to the common tongue which are more vulgar here in the states.. we in buff got both national anthems and thus the ctv speech and spelling of a country that is clearly just a sattelite of england with a touch of france...  we are actually the red headec step child  that is the world zionists bully , too dumb to know who we fight for but... we at least are independant and defiant in our language to know we should be separate from the crminal english and french in every way possible... they are likeus , the stooges for the israeli aipac leaders and gangster bank that think we are ... goyim , cattle... so... i say... center, and lose that e on the end of town.. and never have a mayer or a mayor ... lets head the warning of ben franlin... if we let these people in our country they will own our children and make slaves and fols of the rest in 200 years... it took .. 150 for the federal reserve act that should have gotten a president hanged after greenbacks got a man who used to be a zionist stooge then stood up and against to truly be a hero, mr lincoln....

i hope this crap all ends after 2015 and we can sit back and be amazed at the awesome team, mr murray has built from our disgrace,, if only the rest of us in our cpountry help trash the us like buff then kicked all the scum out  likre the candidates for 2016, bush vs clinton.... again..  right back to one of the condescending rothschild  mansion and simply redistributed their wealth like smaug and healed our country before they sell alaska and move all their stuff to china/tamil...  

my apologies... im daily angered at small things such as language that remind me the trash still needs to be removed from america so we can enjoy the distraction they gave us like hockey as the rape and pillage and we were  born into and entrusted with a document sooo cool they needed a fake 9/11 and a patriot act to destroy an idead that was meant to keep the bugs like them out but actually not be like them by depriving them of their liberty to lie and conspire and manipulate... we just need to teach our kids to recognize lies and tear down the mk ultra mind control cell towerrs that create mass shooting and haarp weather, giving control back to people and out of the hands of a very corrupt few... 

i want to cheer for great hockey without the guilt of being distracted...im sure my grammar was terrible.. my apologies...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.