NHL Gamecenter live

NNYSABRESMAN

Can you rewind the stream? How's the quality?  Can I rely on hearing RJ?

Yes. You don't have to record it and if you turn off the scores, you can start it late and not ruin it.

The quality is great.

Yes. You have a choice of either feed on almost every game. And more and more games have different camera angles that you can choose.

Can you rewind the stream? How's the quality?  Can I rely on hearing RJ?

You can rewind, pause, skip ahead 30 seconds........ anything a DVR can do.

It will determine the quality based on your internet speed. If you have enough, it will be in HD. Some games have multi-camera views you can choose from, overhead cam of each goaltender, bench cam, there were a few games last year that had helmet cams on refs. But the multi-cam view isn't for all games, I think it's based on how the arena has their cams set up.

You can go back into the archives several years, and they have a whole library of classic games dating back to the 60's.

There are cons, their Roku app wasn't exactly up to par last year but it got better as the season went on.

Got about halfway through the 2nd period and I started getting the 'loading, please wait' screen. Had it pretty much the rest of the game. NHLGC's Roku app last year was a problem and it seems as though they haven't fixed it. Ended up hooking the laptop up to the TV like I did for every game before I got the Roku.

I tried watching on nhl Game Center and it kept kicking me out and telling me I needed to buy one of their packages in order to watch. I thought it was free until the end of October? I was logged into the account that I have on nhl gamecenter

Edited by OverPowerYou

Man, if Center Ice is an option that's definitely the way to go. No doubt.

I'd never go back to CenterIce even if I had cable. Having to remember to record the games ahead of time, figuring out what channel the game is really on (not what the guide tells you), often getting the away team's feed, and having the end of games cut off because the recording didn't go long enough was for the birds.

Hopefully you don't feel like I'm ganging up on you, JJ. ;)

I'd never go back to CenterIce even if I had cable. Having to remember to record the games ahead of time, figuring out what channel the game is really on (not what the guide tells you), often getting the away team's feed, and having the end of games cut off because the recording didn't go long enough was for the birds.

Hopefully you don't feel like I'm ganging up on you, JJ. ;)

Good points, One of the things I didn't like about NHLGC was having to hook my laptop up to the big screen for every game, and then the picture wasn't nearly as smooth. With the Roku, it eliminates that step. But from time to time the Roku doesn't work and it's back to plugging the laptop back in. The ability to replay every game at any time is definitely a plus.  

B-)

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Good points, One of the things I didn't like about NHLGC was having to hook my laptop up to the big screen for every game, and then the picture wasn't nearly as smooth. With the Roku, it eliminates that step. But from time to time the Roku doesn't work and it's back to plugging the laptop back in. The ability to replay every game at any time is definitely a plus.  

B-)

I've used my PS3 for 90% of my GC watching, which has a pretty terrible client but is smooth maybe 70% of the time. It'll sometimes get into a funk where is switches between bitrates or pauses regularly to catch up but isn't smart enough to kick down to a lower bandwidth and be stable. I've never really tried the PC method, but with my new laptop that's easier so I'll have to try it. You're right though that actual HD feed from cable/antenna looks better than GC, but when I had Comcast I almost never got an HD feed for the Sabres.

B-)

There's an XBMC (Kodi.tv) plugin for GameCenter Live for PC. I recommend downloading this if you're on a PC, it lets you stream the 5000kbps 60fps stream that is not available through the web interface.

Once you install Kodi.tv you can get the GCL add on through it's interface, info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:NHL_Gamecenter

You'll need to add your username/password to login I think through the Add-On settings, I think I had to right click it.

Edited by skaught

There's an XBMC (Kodi.tv) plugin for GameCenter Live for PC. I recommend downloading this if you're on a PC, it lets you stream the 5000kbps 60fps stream that is not available through the web interface.

Once you install Kodi.tv you can get the GCL add on through it's interface, info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:NHL_Gamecenter

You'll need to add your username/password to login I think through the Add-On settings, I think I had to right click it.

Interesting, thank you. I'll check it out. That seems to be the only difference between the laptop and Roku is the frame rate.

I've used my PS3 for 90% of my GC watching, which has a pretty terrible client but is smooth maybe 70% of the time. It'll sometimes get into a funk where is switches between bitrates or pauses regularly to catch up but isn't smart enough to kick down to a lower bandwidth and be stable. I've never really tried the PC method, but with my new laptop that's easier so I'll have to try it. You're right though that actual HD feed from cable/antenna looks better than GC, but when I had Comcast I almost never got an HD feed for the Sabres.

I'm looking forward to when they change over to MLB Advanced Media near the end of the year.

The last game on Roku was fine so I didn't have the need to try Kodi. But I did just try it now and replayed part of that game just to see how well it works. It appears to be much smoother but I didn't hook it up to the big screen where I see most of the chop. But compared to NHLGC itself it still appears to be much smoother just on the laptop. It still shows 720p but I think that's just the feed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.