Sabres hosting their own prospect tournament Sept 12-14

pi2000

http://sabrenoise.com/2015/08/11/buffalo-sabres-announce-prospect-tournament/

"There are three games scheduled, with the Buffalo Sabres playing the New Jersey Devils on September 12th and the Bruins on the 14th.  The Devils and Bruins will play each other on the 13th.  Both of the “home” games will be played at the First Niagara Center.  This will give plenty of fans an opportunity to watch Jack Eichel play against NHL teams for the first time, and not just crowd First Niagara Center to see him play against teammates."

From the Sabres:

http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2015/08/11/sabres-introduce-prospects-challenge/

SABRES INTRODUCE PROSPECTS CHALLENGE

Posted on August 11, 2015 bychrisdierken Leave a comment

Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils will join Sabres in round-robin prospects tournament from Sept. 12-14

BUFFALO, N.Y. (August 11, 2015) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will host the Prospects Challenge, presented by Tops Friendly Markets, from Sept. 12 to 14 at First Niagara Center and HARBORCENTER.

The Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils will compete with the Sabres in the round-robin challenge featuring prospects from each team. The participating teams will play two games during the course of the three-day event.

Tickets for the games are $10 each, and can be purchased in person at the First Niagara Center Box Office, by phone at 1-888-223-6000 FREE or online atwww.sabres.com. A full schedule for the Prospects Challenge is below:

Saturday, Sept. 12: Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

Sunday, Sept. 13: Boston vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m., HARBORCENTER

Monday, Sept. 14: Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

Edited by Hoss

Ignore my other thread on this. I missed it.

From the Sabres:

http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2015/08/11/sabres-introduce-prospects-challenge/

SABRES INTRODUCE PROSPECTS CHALLENGE

Posted on August 11, 2015 bychrisdierken Leave a comment

Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils will join Sabres in round-robin prospects tournament from Sept. 12-14

BUFFALO, N.Y. (August 11, 2015) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will host the Prospects Challenge, presented by Tops Friendly Markets, from Sept. 12 to 14 at First Niagara Center and HARBORCENTER.

The Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils will compete with the Sabres in the round-robin challenge featuring prospects from each team. The participating teams will play two games during the course of the three-day event.

Tickets for the games are $10 each, and can be purchased in person at the First Niagara Center Box Office, by phone at 1-888-223-6000 FREE or online atwww.sabres.com. A full schedule for the Prospects Challenge is below:

Saturday, Sept. 12: Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

Sunday, Sept. 13: Boston vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m., HARBORCENTER

Monday, Sept. 14: Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

I'm assuming we get Jack and Sam.

After that, does it really matter who plays?

I would like to see Baptiste, Guhle, Fashing , Florentino.

Do we still have Compher and Hurley? If we do  their progress would be good to see.

Ullmark and Johanson have any chance to make it to the NHL?

There is some talent still waiting to perk to the NHL level that has been brewing for a while.

I would like to see Baptiste, Guhle, Fashing , Florentino.

Do we still have Compher and Hurley? If we do  their progress would be good to see.

Ullmark and Johanson have any chance to make it to the NHL?

There is some talent still waiting to perk to the NHL level that has been brewing for a while.

Compher was traded. Hurley is in the NCAA so he might be around.

Ullmark has a great chance to play in the NHL but he is recovering from double hip surgery and will be out until November ish. At that time he will begin playing in Rochester.  Johanson might be there.

The other 4 you mention should all be there.

I would guess that Jack and Sam might miss this because they will be gearing up for training camp and the NHL season.

Compher was traded. Hurley is in the NCAA so he might be around.

Ullmark has a great chance to play in the NHL but he is recovering from double hip surgery and will be out until November ish. At that time he will begin playing in Rochester.  Johanson might be there.

The other 4 you mention should all be there.

I would guess that Jack and Sam might miss this because they will be gearing up for training camp and the NHL season.

There is no f####ing way that the last 2 #2 overall picks won't be at this tournament.

So who's gonna be there from the Sabres' system?  Will they get the guys still in juniors?  What about the NCAA players?  I assume the younger guys from Rochester will be there.

I think that NCAA players are ineligible.  I looked back at previous rosters and didn't see any players eligible for the then upcoming season on the roster.  It may violate their eligibility for some reason, but not sure on that. Or they may already be in their respective schools camps. 

There is no f####ing way that the last 2 #2 overall picks won't be at this tournament.

Agreed, and it is an early indication of their progress in their offseason programs. 

I think that NCAA players are ineligible.  I looked back at previous rosters and didn't see any players eligible for the then upcoming season on the roster.  It may violate their eligibility for some reason, but not sure on that. Or they may already be in their respective schools camps. 

Agreed, and it is an early indication of their progress in their offseason programs. 

I don't think they're ineligible, but they'd have to pay all their own expenses so it's often a non-starter for the player.

I wasn't quick enough. I believe the same as Mattpie, have to pay their own way not to loose eligibility.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.