Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

The thing you don't seem to be considering in your viewpoint is that when you meet someone face to face there is more than just words that provide information about the person you are talking with.  Their body language will say quite a bit as well.  Granted, I would say that if you head out to some random bar and just start looking for sex the risks are greater than normal but this is not anywhere near as when interacting with someone online.

There's plenty of evidence that people pretend to be someone else when they are online.  It's harder to pull off in person.  Law enforcement has pretended to be an underage child plenty of times with the hopes of trapping potential sexual predators. It's unlikely the predator will be as easily caught if they are engaging in the encounter face to face.

I agree with the body-cues and whatnot, which is why I mentioned meeting somewhere else first. I wonder if there's a "rating" system where you can rate/review your hook up's profile accuracy and performance to warn future visitors.

In any case, this smacks a little of how afraid you (royal you, not LTS in particular) are of "the public". It's pretty well known that a large percentage of the population isn't bad, so the odds of running into a "bad" person is actually pretty slim on a per-time basis. I have a few friends that have ridden motorcycles (and bicycles) solo through area considered to be pretty dangerous (Africa, Middle East, South America, West Philly, etc.) and have come out unscathed and said they met a lot of wonderful people.

So, there were two guys and two girls in Kane's house, right?

Did the alleged victims friend disappear into another room with Kane's friend to have sex?

As to the first question, that has been reported. As to the second, it remains unknown who was where, and when.

So, there were two guys and two girls in Kane's house, right?

Did the alleged victims friend disappear into another room with Kane's friend to have sex?

If so, does that in any way impact the alleged rape investigation?

I have stayed out of this thread but if you are implying that if her friend was having sex with Kane's friend then the alleged victim was required to have sex with Kane......well, I am unable to say what I want without getting banned for a few days.

I have stayed out of this thread but if you are implying that if her friend was having sex with Kane's friend then the alleged victim was required to have sex with Kane......well, I am unable to say what I want without getting banned for a few days.

I think what he was implying is that there are possible witnesses.

You misunderstand, I'm not implying that at all. I'm just curious if that would have any impact on the investigation.

I think the same question could have been framed by asking whether the other two people, if present at Kane's home that night, at some point left the company of Kane and the accuser.

As I trust all agree, and absent some really weird development in the story, it's irrelevant what those two other people might have been doing outside of Kane's and the accuser's company.

I agree with the body-cues and whatnot, which is why I mentioned meeting somewhere else first. I wonder if there's a "rating" system where you can rate/review your hook up's profile accuracy and performance to warn future visitors.

In any case, this smacks a little of how afraid you (royal you, not LTS in particular) are of "the public". It's pretty well known that a large percentage of the population isn't bad, so the odds of running into a "bad" person is actually pretty slim on a per-time basis. I have a few friends that have ridden motorcycles (and bicycles) solo through area considered to be pretty dangerous (Africa, Middle East, South America, West Philly, etc.) and have come out unscathed and said they met a lot of wonderful people.

Indeed.  Acts of violence are clearly not common.  If they were it's unlikely we'd be having this conversation right now. 

There are usually a lot of other reasons why trouble finds people as well.  Sometimes it's just random, but usually it's not.  

Most men don't rape! is my takeaway.

From my post?

Yeah. I've never had the desire to force myself on anyone. Never had the fantasy of rape. If a female isn't interested in me that way I can't think of a bigger turn off. Why force things. Never had the desire to control someone or assert my dominance in any way over them. I have briefly dated women with rape fantasies. Imagine that ? Never took part in that. I'm not sure. Does this make me unmanly ? I believe more men think the way I do than some here would have others believe. It almost sounds when reading some of these posts that the majority of men just can't help themselves. Strange take. I'm not sure. Maybe its me.

See, my takeaway is that being a man in this country is really hard and unfair ;)

No, it's not just you. But it's not as bad as it seems, it's just a couple posters beating their agenda driven drums. The problem is they have a lot of good points that are worth discussing but they are so over the top with their agenda driven rhetoric that it's hard to take them seriously. At least that's my view.

Is your takeaway from my post that I'm defending rapists? Because I'm not. Explaining why someone does something isn't the same as condoning it

From my post?

Is your takeaway from my post that I'm defending rapists? Because I'm not. Explaining why someone does something isn't the same as condoning it

Wild that wasn't my take at all on the posts you quoted. I took it as a little venting after the all men are rapists stance that was on here. You had an out standing post that appeared to me to be more centrist and it seemed you tried to encapsulate a wide variety of groups and their thoughts on a subject.

I'll have to dig through this stuff later when I have some time, but I want to thank you for taking the time. This is what I was hoping this thread could do. Generate a desire to seek information. You're setting a good example. 

Wild that wasn't my take at all on the posts you quoted. I took it as a little venting after the all men are rapists stance that was on here. You had an out standing post that appeared to me to be more centrist and it seemed you tried to encapsulate a wide variety of groups and their thoughts on a subject.

I thank you both, glad someone liked it  :thumbsup:

From my post?

My comment wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. It was just a commentary on the "yea being raped is awful, but look at all the hard things men have to deal with!" vibe I've gotten in this thread from time to time.

As I trust all agree, and absent some really weird development in the story, it's irrelevant what those two other people might have been doing outside of Kane's and the accuser's company.

Not necessarily. The most likely occurrence is that the friends were in another part of the house having sex, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would assume that Kane would be in the master bedroom. In many houses the master bedroom is off the living room. It's also plausible, although less likely, that the two friends were having a nice conversation over a glass of wine on the living room couch. Or perhaps playing a game of chess. In this instance the friends are much more likely to hear any cries for help, or if she asked him to stop. So the friends actions and whereabouts at the time do matter a little bit. Edited by Hank

Not necessarily. The most likely occurrence is that the friends were in another part of the house having sex, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would assume that Kane would be in the master bedroom. In many houses the master bedroom is off the living room. It's also plausible, although less likely, that the two friends were having a nice conversation over a glass of wine on the living room couch. Or perhaps playing a game of chess. In this instance the friends are much more likely to hear any cries for help, or if she asked him to stop. So the friends actions and whereabouts at the time do matter a little bit.

Ah, I take your meaning. Certainly a fair point. 

In the original context, I found it unduly narrow to ask whether the other two people left Kane and the accuser so that they could go have sex. The first question, I reckon, is whether those two people left Kane and the accuser at all. And if they did, it is, of course, relevant to find out where they went and, I suppose if they were still in the house, what they were doing while they were there.

From my post?

I wasn't pointing the finger at any one person for their opinion. Certainly not you. We're up to 42 pages. Read them all but some posts sounded like men just can't help themselves or the urge to rape is always just below the surface. In my experience this couldn't be further from the truth. Sure if you're a rapist that would apply just as if you were a pedophile that urge may be just below the surface but if you are an average red blooded male the need to terrorize and dominate females isn't latently waiting to boil over. I don't believe that for a minute. So I agree with P.A. but I'll add not only do most men not rape but most men don't feel the need to rape.

This has turned into the worst thread in the history of this board.  I mean it.  EVERYONE, check yourselves.  Geez.

I check this every morning to see if there's news on Kane, and there's not.  It's just you all circle jerking. 

I wasn't pointing the finger at any one person for their opinion. Certainly not you. We're up to 42 pages. Read them all but some posts sounded like men just can't help themselves or the urge to rape is always just below the surface. In my experience this couldn't be further from the truth. Sure if you're a rapist that would apply just as if you were a pedophile that urge may be just below the surface but if you are an average red blooded male the need to terrorize and dominate females isn't latently waiting to boil over. I don't believe that for a minute. So I agree with P.A. but I'll add not only do most men not rape but most men don't feel the need to rape.

You got that from reading the posts in this thread?

This has turned into the worst thread in the history of this board. I mean it. EVERYONE, check yourselves. Geez.

I check this every morning to see if there's news on Kane, and there's not. It's just you all circle jerking.

How is this thread any different than the Presidential Politics thread?

This has turned into the worst thread in the history of this board.  I mean it.  EVERYONE, check yourselves.  Geez.

I check this every morning to see if there's news on Kane, and there's not.  It's just you all circle jerking. 

:worthy:

How is this thread any different than the Presidential Politics thread?

Great reason why I stay away from the political thread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.