Propane grills

drnkirishone

Is anyone else of the opinion that a grill is the wrong tool for cooking burgers?

I switched to 100% cast iron griddle for burgers a few years ago and can't go back. I just can't stand watching all that flavor drip down into the fire.

Hell naw.  I go high heat, low cook time to sear the outside of the burger and seal IN the flavor to a nice medium rare.  There's a little drippage, but not much.  Not as much loss as frying.

I grill turkey burgers.  

I think that this whole steak and burger fascination is an old guy thing. 

It's like pickup trucks.

Inefficient, unnecessary, and unhealthy.

BUT STEAK IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Get with the times, homeys.  Fall out of love with your cows, FFS.

I grill turkey burgers.  

I think that this whole steak and burger fascination is an old guy thing. 

It's like pickup trucks.

Inefficient, unnecessary, and unhealthy.

BUT STEAK IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Get with the times, homeys.  Fall out of love with your cows, FFS.

Next time you need to haul a load of drywall, just call your friend with the turkey burgers and see how well that works out for you.

Next time you need to haul a load of drywall, just call your friend with the turkey burgers and see how well that works out for you.

Ha!

You probably didn't reckon on the turkeys hauling my drywall for me!

Also, maybe you haven't heard these stories on the radio about Subaru Foresters being able to haul a lot of soil, but I am willing to bet that with enough baling twine, in dry weather, they'd be able to carry drywall on the roof also, driving carefully on the back roads that Suburus are known best for driving on!

It's guys like you that gave the El Camino a bad name. Never mind that, though.  Even though you drove the El Camino to extinction with your insistence on a "Man-sized" truck (to compensate for...) you will never get away with taking my turkeys off the road.  When you mess with my Turkeys, you mess with Me, Swamp Pee.  I can't wait to not give you the right of way when my turkey are loaded down with a big stack of drywall, and you have to wait, like forever.

Then you'll wish you were driving something electric, because your gas bill, buddy, waiting for those birds to pass is going to put the mother of gosh hurting on your bank account.  I don't care how rich you are.  You'll wish you did have an El Camino, bro.

LDL 50

HDL 120

105/60

Ha!

You probably didn't reckon on the turkeys hauling my drywall for me!

Also, maybe you haven't heard these stories on the radio about Subaru Foresters being able to haul a lot of soil, but I am willing to bet that with enough baling twine, in dry weather, they'd be able to carry drywall on the roof also, driving carefully on the back roads that Suburus are known best for driving on!

It's guys like you that gave the El Camino a bad name. Never mind that, though.  Even though you drove the El Camino to extinction with your insistence on a "Man-sized" truck (to compensate for...) you will never get away with taking my turkeys off the road.  When you mess with my Turkeys, you mess with Me, Swamp Pee.  I can't wait to not give you the right of way when my turkey are loaded down with a big stack of drywall, and you have to wait, like forever.

Then you'll wish you were driving something electric, because your gas bill, buddy, waiting for those birds to pass is going to put the mother of gosh hurting on your bank account.  I don't care how rich you are.  You'll wish you did have an El Camino, bro.

The cargo area in my Sienna appears to be 4x8' when you remove/fold all the seats. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll take an enclosed space that can also haul people over a truck bed most days. Prior to this, at least one of my cars has had a hitch. I can rent a 4x8' trailer for like $15/day (at most!) and haul a half a ton for the few times a year I need to. The Sienna will tow 3500lbs, so I could bring a lot of drywall home if I need to.

I have the Natural Gas, Weber Genesis and the Green Egg......I love them both.....I really only hall the Green Egg out for certain things like Steaks and sometimes burgers.

No pizza, ribs, briskets, butts, smoked wings, etc. on the Egg?  A reverse sear ribeye on the egg is well worth the extra time.

No pizza, ribs, briskets, butts, smoked wings, etc. on the Egg?  A reverse sear ribeye on the egg is well worth the extra time.

I picked up a set of 4 of them cast aluminum grill grates from Amazon. About $90 for the set but that's cheaper than getting a new grill plus we should be able to move'em back and forth between the charcoal grill and the propane one depending on what we feel like using that particular day or I guess I could put 2 plates on each grill we have. My girlfriend does more grilling than I do, but I'll let you know how they work out. Thanks for the link/recommendation.

I picked up a set of 4 of them cast aluminum grill grates from Amazon. About $90 for the set but that's cheaper than getting a new grill plus we should be able to move'em back and forth between the charcoal grill and the propane one depending on what we feel like using that particular day or I guess I could put 2 plates on each grill we have. My girlfriend does more grilling than I do, but I'll let you know how they work out. Thanks for the link/recommendation.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing the review.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing the review.

Will do. My girlfriend does 95+% of the cooking in our house and I always think I should cook more but that's easy to say now that I'm sitting in an air conditioned office. I can't stand the summers here and our back porch isn't covered so I have no motivation to ever go outside longer than to check the mail or put the dog on her chain. I usually make it up with other chores though like dishes and laundry. I even got a lawn care service because mowing the lawn was my least favorite chore. If I ever win the lottery I'm buying a summer home in Alaska.

Oh hell no. It's the opposite in my house and my wife begs for anything other than grilled meat I do it so often in summer.

It's just how it goes, man. I was never one for cooking even in my single days and she always has been since long before we ever met. The crazy thing is I even watch shows like Good Eats on the food network and that Kingsford BBQ cometition on destination America as well as some of those travel shows like DDD or the one with the fat guy who takes on all the contests. I love eating the food and watching those shows then just playing segments from the dvr for my girlfriend and I ask her if she can make something like that while she rolls her eyes and adds items to the grocery list. Not a bad setup at all but if she ever wises up and leaves me I'll be back to hot dogs, spaghettios, and frozen pizza.

Frozen pizza gets such a bad wrap. It is delicious

I like it too. It's one of the staples of my cooking on the rare occasions that I actually cook. I'd rather buy a frozen pizza than eat Domino's or Papa Johns because the quality is similar and the price is way cheaper to go with frozen.

Nothing beats real pizza from a non chain place though. In my area my rule of thumb is to go to place that either references NY in some way like Brooklyn Pizza, Big Apple Pizza, or New York Pizzaria or to go to a place with an Italian name like Mario's Pizza or Lazzaria's.

To Swamp, weave and Claude thank you for bringing this thread back from. I've been busy but returned to frozen pizza talk and it being ok for the woman to grill 95% of the time. 

ACK!

:wacko:

And Claude that looks pretty good for a screw up!

Steven is one of my favorites. If you can grill desert you will rule supreme in my book. My favorite all time desert..

http://bbqu.net/season3/309_4.html#blueberry_crumble

I made this camping in the middle of no-where on a Q series from Weber. 

There was non left to be had with cowboy coffee come morning. Spread your wings grill masters and learn to love the sweetness...

To Swamp, weave and Claude thank you for bringing this thread back from. I've been busy but returned to frozen pizza talk and it being ok for the woman to grill 95% of the time.

ACK!

:wacko:

And Claude that looks pretty good for a screw up!

Spare me with the macho crap, buddy. Yeah my woman cooks including doing the vast majority of the grilling. She enjoys it and she's a fantastic cook. I'd rather not be outside in the sun in 90+ degree heat with a triple digit heat index when she likes to do it anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.