Trade: Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo

Mustache of God

I would honestly have less of an issue if this was 21 for Lehner. As I like the guy, despite it being an overpayment.

It is legwand that posses me off. A useless bench filler that is now taking the spot for one of our better and younger players. I would prefer Larsson playing third line than in Rochester, so Legwand can continue.

If we got Legwand as a salary dump then that means Lehner was worth more than 21. Lehner hasn't been able to ride a bike in 6 months because of his concussion

If you're ok with the 21st for Lehner, who would taking a salary for Ottawa bother you? This guy probably ends up in Rochester

I know the price was steep, but a lot of scouts are still very high on Robin Lehner. An interesting trade to revisit two years hence.

Lehner hasn't been able to ride a bike in 6 months because of his concussion

I'll second the call for a source.

If you go to the HF Sens boards, while the overriding sentiment is that they like the deal, there is a fair amount of pessimism about trading Lehner in the division and having it come back to haunt them.

They are being nice. 

#21 for a concussed goalie and a cap dump.  LOL

cut and pasted from cbs sports:

Sens' Lehner Recovered From Concussion   (6/8/15) Robin Lehner indicated last week that he was no longer feeling the effects of a concussion and should enjoy a relatively normal offseason, Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports. Sens' Lehner Not Over Concussion Yet   (4/29/15) Senators GM Bryan Murray said Robin Lehner (concussion) is still experiencing headaches, TSN's Brent Wallace reports. Sens' Lehner Still Has Concussion Symptoms   (3/6/15) Robin Lehner continues to suffer from concussion symptoms, Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports. Sens' Lehner Diagnosed With Concussion   (2/20/15) Coach Dave Cameron announced Friday that Robin Lehner's upper-body injury has been diagnosed as a concussion, Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen reports.

Edit: That was a serious concussion, folks. two months or more of symptoms. good to hear he's feeling better now. but . . .

Edited by That Aud Smell

Legwand, if they keep him, could also be seen as a good mentor for Eichel. He knows what it's like to be a #2 pick in the league.

I don't hate what they got, I just hate the value they gave up to get it.

Agreed. 31st pick is a "1st rounder." I would've been content w/ that....I think. 

Now we have one heck of pick to look forward to tonight, but that's it. Had plans of yelling w/ excitement when Eichel is picked and having a feeling of my gosh what is next! And now, it's watch the Eichel selection and move onto a typical Friday. Yay.... 

Legwand, if they keep him, could also be seen as a good mentor for Eichel. He knows what it's like to be a #2 pick in the league.

Hamilton also added, Legwand may be needed as help to get to the cap floor.

They don't need help to get to the cap floor!!!

Hamilton also added, Legwand may be needed as help to get to the cap floor.

I can think of plenty of other players I'd rather have to get to the floor. 

Great, another GM in love with his goaltenders. 

Sabres fan give this trade a chance. Lehner still has loads of upside. Your GM knows him well. You've got lots of picks. Don't judge yet

This crap pisses me off, and what I didn't like about the Kings and Jets trades.  Just because you have a lot of picks, you don't have to hand them out like candy.  

I will say: This is a serious test of faith. So many of us - me included - admired the ZFG approach from GM TM. This is, at bottom, as ZFG a move as you could imagine. So, if you were on board for the ZFG regime, and I was (am), then, well, this is what it will feel like sometimes.

June 4th was when Lehner was cleared to practice again. Concussion was February 17th

Oy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.