Making SabreSpace more friendly to new posters

nfreeman

I actually lurked on this site for well over a year before I made a profile. I usually just used it as an information source and an interesting source to get different opinions on what may be going on. Honestly, my knowledge compared to most of you is woefully limited and I'm a fan, but not a fanatic. Never really saw a point to posting as I never felt that my voice would contribute all that much to the discussion.

I actually lurked on this site for well over a year before I made a profile. I usually just used it as an information source and an interesting source to get different opinions on what may be going on. Honestly, my knowledge compared to most of you is woefully limited and I'm a fan, but not a fanatic. Never really saw a point to posting as I never felt that my voice would contribute all that much to the discussion.

Welcome, and please don't be shy about posting.  Even something basic like "I thought Risto had a great game tonight" is a good post.

Welcome.

Don't worry, I'm an idiot too.  It doesn't mean we can't have opinions.  Don't be shy, speak up.  I'll be gentle.

Honest.

:death:

That's too bad, Yuri was quite entertaining. 

Don't let them fool you, they lure you in with promises of kindness and goodwill........  they let you get comfortable while you feel everybody out and get to know their idiosyncrasies.......  maybe step up and start a few GDT's...........  and then BAM!!! They all hit ya before you even know it's coming. Be careful, it's different for everybody so nobody can help you.  :angel:

Don't worry, I'm an idiot too.  It doesn't mean we can't have opinions.  Don't be shy, speak up.  I'll be gentle.

Honest.

:death:

His dog's hat is better than yours too, so he's got that going for him (or her, I suppose that wasn't made clear in the post).

I hear ya. When the season gets underway again, just being in the game thread once in a while and celebrating a goal with the rest of those posting is a good way to start! A good game is a fun way to build rapport/jokes with other people around here. 

Off season's just a goofy time. 

I hear ya. When the season gets underway again, just being in the game thread once in a while and celebrating a goal with the rest of those posting is a good way to start! A good game is a fun way to build rapport/jokes with other people around here. 

Off season's just a goofy time. 

And if all else fails, just jump in on the complaints about whoever this year's scapegoat will wind up being.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.