The 'layers of people' around TP — THEY'RE PEOPLE! TELL THEM! — also: fookin' Battista

PASabreFan

Why not?

oh i don't know really. i'm sure the biggest reason is that when i got a new laptop a year+ ago it took me forever to add SabreSpace to my favorites bar.  :P

edit: posted some other stuff, but it's really off topic so i deleted it haha

Edited by thesportsbuff

Amen to that.  When I was back in WNY all three kids begged for a snowblower.  We got it!    Never did get the garage door opener though.  Being the youngest of the three, in the pouring rain, they sent me out to open the garage door.  My Mom would say, "I don't need a Genie door opener, I got a Jeannie for that."   Still pissed about that one. 

I love the Genie/Jeannie part, but, why were you snowblowing in the rain?

More please  :worthy:

Can you and Qwk please have a competition?

How about that party game where each takes turns continuing the story, piece by piece?

Pistols at 20 paces.

more my speed.

2f5d8e8276a0306afbc4cb20c067b94e.jpg

I don't think that Battista runs anything, per say, or makes any decisions.  I think he is Terry's "hatchet man," so to speak.  If there is uncomfortable news to be delivered, and Terry doesn't want to do it himself, he sends Joe B.  That way, Terry can maintain a magnanimous, benevolent image, because Battista is the one who does the dirty work.  For congratulations, welcomes, and praises, Terry does it;  To light a fire under someone's ass, threaten, or terminate someone, Joe does it.

It's your birthday!  Terry got you a present!

You're seen getting drinks with Mike Harrington.  Joe B. paid your wife a visit, and went on and on about the importance of life insurance..

That job would suit him I figure, because he'd know just enough about hockey to not get bamboozled, but not enough to have independent thoughts.  Plus he'd be loyal as name-your-dog.  He's a made man.  Wise-guy.  Legend.  I'm just guessing.  It's fun.

Thanks for holding my place.  It's nice to be back amongst so many fine folks.  Hopefully my posts will be well seasoned, and finely reasoned, like the lot I've been reading from you all.

Welcome home, Yuri.

My friend, I am so glad that you re-assigned Anna and have made a grand re-appearance.

Well seasoned and reasoned, indeed.

Found this description of Conspiracy Theorists. Pasted without comment.

Powerful Drug

The obsession with conspiracy theories has been compared to an addiction. Once one has delved deeply into this mindset, recovery—a return to balanced, sound thinking—is rare. What motivates a person to immerse himself in them in the first place?

Conspiracy theories are a powerful source of pride and a wellspring of intellectual vanity. The theorist comes to see himself as thinking on a higher plane than the ignorant masses around him. He walks the fringes of society, watching his surroundings with suspicion. No one realizes what’s going on, he thinks.

If speaking his mind on conspiracies causes others to recoil, he simply dismisses them as “dumb sheep” who cannot see what he sees. Every episode like this further reaffirms how special this inside information makes him.

While many conspiracy enthusiasts lack education, the supposed inside knowledge they gain makes them feel superior—one of the elite, enlightened few. “Besides, who needs schools? They’re just brainwashing centers run by ‘the machine,’” right?

Many of these individuals enjoy the thrill of perceived danger that comes along with having supposedly top-secret knowledge, feeling as though they have a lead role in a secret-agent film—except they are not in a movie!

If a reasonable person attempts to point out serious flaws in a theory’s logic, there is a standard response:The conspirators purposely do certain things that appear to counter their goals, just to keep investigators off the trail. Once this idea is accepted, any facts—whether or not they appear to fit the supposed covert scheme—reinforce the theorist’s central idea that “things are not as they seem.”

Edited by MBHockey13

weird-al-tinfoil.png

Found this description of Conspiracy Theorists. Pasted without comment.

Powerful Drug

The obsession with conspiracy theories has been compared to an addiction. Once one has delved deeply into this mindset, recovery—a return to balanced, sound thinking—is rare. What motivates a person to immerse himself in them in the first place?

Conspiracy theories are a powerful source of pride and a wellspring of intellectual vanity. The theorist comes to see himself as thinking on a higher plane than the ignorant masses around him. He walks the fringes of society, watching his surroundings with suspicion. No one realizes what’s going on, he thinks.

If speaking his mind on conspiracies causes others to recoil, he simply dismisses them as “dumb sheep” who cannot see what he sees. Every episode like this further reaffirms how special this inside information makes him.

While many conspiracy enthusiasts lack education, the supposed inside knowledge they gain makes them feel superior—one of the elite, enlightened few. “Besides, who needs schools? They’re just brainwashing centers run by ‘the machine,’” right?

Many of these individuals enjoy the thrill of perceived danger that comes along with having supposedly top-secret knowledge, feeling as though they have a lead role in a secret-agent film—except they are not in a movie!

If a reasonable person attempts to point out serious flaws in a theory’s logic, there is a standard response:The conspirators purposely do certain things that appear to counter their goals, just to keep investigators off the trail. Once this idea is accepted, any facts—whether or not they appear to fit the supposed covert scheme—reinforce the theorist’s central idea that “things are not as they seem.”

Physics? Where are you Physics?

Show this guy how to do it right!

I've seen more rats scramble the past week than I did after shining a light in the back alley of a Chinatown eatery during the 1968 NYC garbage strike.............

Physics? Where are you Physics?

Show this guy how to do it right!

I've seen more rats scramble the past week than I did after shining a light in the back alley of a Chinatown eatery during the 1968 NYC garbage strike.............

Is that you, St. Patrick?

Come now my canine friend.......

We have most of this thread beaming of posts from people who must have read Teen Magazine as kids.....and obviously not the Hardy Boys......

Read the thread I just linked......some people actually wanted to know what Joe Battista was all about. I think I gave a fairly glowing review of the man and situation....given the cronie part didn't cause a problem with the high end hockey minds (not Darcy of course).

I'm not saying Battista was the reason Babcock didn't come to Buffalo. I told everyone why he probably wouldn't be coming over the past 2 weeks.....and was called a jerk, Buffalo-basher, non-credible, yadda yadda. Yet, when Babcock goes to Toronto.......Babcock is an ahole.....yet.....maybe only a handful of true men stepped up and said...."good read on that".

I have no problem dismissing the media. Heck, we have Uncle Wawrow showing up once every 6 months, bragging about seeing Justin bieber...I mean Mike Babcock and Terry Pegula through the window of an SUV. Hard hitting stuff right there.

If the media is not to be believed.........and posters who put in actual effort in trying to learn about the facts are not rational......then what is left.

What do YOU BELIEVE IN????

Someone tell me......please......so I can believe that there is still some hope for humanity and not a bunch of ADHD drones with their twitter up their twatter.

Go ahead......

such a hot take. i'm whelmed.

jw

Personally if "I enjoy your fragrance" is necessary over "you smell good", way to high a maintenance person for me...

But I do enjoy JW and GoDD spritzing each other's paper cuts with lemon juice.

Every time they get into it reminds me of my long departed and wonderful Mother, see was fond of using a famous Mark Twain quote for such occasions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.