The 'layers of people' around TP — THEY'RE PEOPLE! TELL THEM! — also: fookin' Battista

PASabreFan

Ah, the case of the missing bio. I remember it well. It came up missing right after the strawberries. Others thought it to be mere coincidence, but not me. No, not me. As soon as the bio also went missing, I knew I had them.

GO SABRES!!!

:thumbsup:

Did you bother to read your links?

Most of them are sarcastic trolling posts aimed at people who have actually suggested in the past that Battista was in an elevated position.

Now we have media reports saying Battista is a major reason the team didn't get their holy grail of coaches.

If some people here spent as much time thinking and researching as they do bitching about those who actually do.....it might actually be a productive little place.....

Report. Singular.  

Anyone who doubts cronyism is rampant in Terry Pegula's world isn't paying attention.

Anyone who thinks it is the real reason Mike Babcock isn't in Buffalo (because of a vague reference by Mike Harrington of all people!) is willfully ignoring the obvious: Mr. and Mrs. Babcock preferred life in Toronto and the challenge of the Leafs.

Joe Battista is my favourite Sabrespace character. 

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Anyone who doubts cronyism is rampant in Terry Pegula's world isn't paying attention.

Anyone who thinks it is the real reason Mike Babcock isn't in Buffalo (because of a vague reference by Mike Harrington of all people!) is willfully ignoring the obvious: Mr. and Mrs. Babcock preferred life in Toronto and the challenge of the Leafs.

Yep.

Babcock said it yesterday...."I couldn't make it a go (Buffalo) for my family."

Not doubting cronyism at all. It's not unusual for uber successful people to surround themselves with people they have a certain comfort level with.

I doubt that Battista has any say in what Murray and his department are tasked with, what processes Murray's department create and follow, and what personnel Murray chooses for his team. He reports directly to Pegula and that in itself should serve to remove any doubts about Battista's involvement along those lines.

At least for reasonable people.

GO SABRES!!!

Not doubting cronyism at all. It's not unusual for uber successful people to surround themselves with people they have a certain comfort level with.

I doubt that Battista has any say in what Murray and his department are tasked with, what processes Murray's department create and follow, and what personnel Murray chooses for his team. He reports directly to Pegula and that in itself should serve to remove any doubts about Battista's involvement along those lines.

At least for reasonable people.

GO SABRES!!!

Let me ask a question......did anyone here have any idea who Joe Battista was 18 months ago? Should I pull the original thread introducing the man and see the level of enlightenment from those casting insults in this thread?

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22163-joe-battista-will-do-what-exactly/?p=519868

I hoped they're Not That Crazy......

This made me laugh out loud.  :P

Honestly...

Mike Babcock: Terry, it's an excellent contract, and I love the facilities, and I'm excited about the opportunity to coach great young players like Jack Eichel and Samson Reinhart - and you know how I feel about you and Kim - and I've always liked and respected Tim Murray - but I have to tell you - this Battista guy is a real deal breaker for me. He seems like such an unknowledgeable meddler. I just couldn't be comfortable with him around.

Terry Pegula: Mike, I'm sorry you feel that way, but Battista is my trusted friend and employee, and honestly, if it comes between having you as our head coach or having good old Batts around, I'm keeping Batts. Sorry.

Sure...sure...

Did you bother to read your links?

Most of them are sarcastic trolling posts aimed at people who have actually suggested in the past that Battista was in an elevated position.

Now we have media reports saying Battista is a major reason the team didn't get their holy grail of coaches.

If some people here spent as much time thinking and researching as they do bitching about those who actually do.....it might actually be a productive little place.....

Three of the first four entries are jokes. That's all I need to see. (And that's about the same percentage a bunch of you are batting of late with your posts.)

I hate to break it to you two, but they are all jokes (its what everyone thinks of the subject.  Finding serious posts about battista would be looking at the post history of a few of you alone).  Anytime someone mentions him seriously, its exclusively 2 or 3 people on the board (hint you two).  Anyone that takes something they know nothing about besides conspiracy-level crap seriously is kidding themselves.  

I'm batting zero in regards to what, I don't try to claim the truth out of stuff I don't know.  That would be your style, I wouldn't want to jump on your shoes.  

(in all seriousness, if either of you think battista had anything to do with us not getting babcock, then there is nothing anyone can say to you.  It is so far in the realm of crazy that lacks any sense of logic, so don't expect any logical responses as they can't exist)

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

Let me ask a question......did anyone here have any idea who Joe Battista was 18 months ago? Should I pull the original thread introducing the man and see the level of enlightenment from those casting insults in this thread?http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22163-joe-battista-will-do-what-exactly/?p=519868

I hoped they're Not That Crazy......

At the risk of again getting "DUDED!", knowing who Battista was 18 months ago couldn't be more irrelevant to what Murray is tasked with.

GO SABRES!!!

has anyone seen battista?

Does anyone know what he did before he was with the sabres?

Anyone know where he was during this babcock episode?

Anyone know what role he played when the patty L debacle happened?

Can anyone say with certainty battista wasn't the driving force behind the leino signing?

Has anyone seen battista and pegula in the same room?  Could they not be the alter ego of one another?

Is battista the one leading our scouting trips?  Are you sure?

hmmm gotcha

Can anyone say with certainty battista wasn't the driving force behind the leino signing?

Has anyone seen battista and pegula in the same room?  Could they not be the alter ego of one another?

hmmm gotcha

My take: neither anyone on this board, nor most in the media know much of anything about the inner workings of the Sabres.

At the risk of again getting "DUDED!", knowing who Battista was 18 months ago couldn't be more irrelevant to what Murray is tasked with.

GO SABRES!!!

Come now my canine friend.......

We have most of this thread beaming of posts from people who must have read Teen Magazine as kids.....and obviously not the Hardy Boys......

Read the thread I just linked......some people actually wanted to know what Joe Battista was all about. I think I gave a fairly glowing review of the man and situation....given the cronie part didn't cause a problem with the high end hockey minds (not Darcy of course).

I'm not saying Battista was the reason Babcock didn't come to Buffalo. I told everyone why he probably wouldn't be coming over the past 2 weeks.....and was called a jerk, Buffalo-basher, non-credible, yadda yadda. Yet, when Babcock goes to Toronto.......Babcock is an ahole.....yet.....maybe only a handful of true men stepped up and said...."good read on that".

I have no problem dismissing the media. Heck, we have Uncle Wawrow showing up once every 6 months, bragging about seeing Justin bieber...I mean Mike Babcock and Terry Pegula through the window of an SUV. Hard hitting stuff right there.

If the media is not to be believed.........and posters who put in actual effort in trying to learn about the facts are not rational......then what is left.

What do YOU BELIEVE IN????

Someone tell me......please......so I can believe that there is still some hope for humanity and not a bunch of ADHD drones with their twitter up their twatter.

Go ahead......

Come now my canine friend.......

We have most of this thread beaming of posts from people who must have read Teen Magazine as kids.....and obviously not the Hardy Boys......

Read the thread I just linked......some people actually wanted to know what Joe Battista was all about. I think I gave a fairly glowing review of the man and situation....given the cronie part didn't cause a problem with the high end hockey minds (not Darcy of course).

I'm not saying Battista was the reason Babcock didn't come to Buffalo. I told everyone why he probably wouldn't be coming over the past 2 weeks.....and was called a jerk, Buffalo-basher, non-credible, yadda yadda. Yet, when Babcock goes to Toronto.......Babcock is an ahole.....yet.....maybe only a handful of true men stepped up and said...."good read on that".

I have no problem dismissing the media. Heck, we have Uncle Wawrow showing up once every 6 months, bragging about seeing Justin bieber...I mean Mike Babcock and Terry Pegula through the window of an SUV. Hard hitting stuff right there.

If the media is not to be believed.........and posters who put in actual effort in trying to learn about the facts are not rational......then what is left.

Someone tell me......please......so I can believe that there is still some hope for humanity and not a bunch of ADHD drones with their twitter up their twatter.

Go ahead......

my sincere take:  no one cares

He is mentioned constantantly and especially in the coaching threads. 

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23276-the-next-coach-of-the-buffalo-sabres/page-19?do=findComment&comment=690916

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23276-the-next-coach-of-the-buffalo-sabres/page-49?do=findComment&comment=696281

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23276-the-next-coach-of-the-buffalo-sabres/page-45?do=findComment&comment=695157

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23276-the-next-coach-of-the-buffalo-sabres/page-44?do=findComment&comment=695071

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23276-the-next-coach-of-the-buffalo-sabres/page-36?do=findComment&comment=694132

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23378-top-100-non-contractual-pitches-for-relocating-to-buffalo/?do=findComment&comment=693757

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23381-all-about-the-babwatch-sabres-out/page-10?do=findComment&comment=695202

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23381-all-about-the-babwatch-sabres-out/page-20?do=findComment&comment=695989

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23381-all-about-the-babwatch-sabres-out/page-22?do=findComment&comment=696147

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23342-2015-nhl-playoffs-round-2/page-7?do=findComment&comment=691275

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23368-get-to-know-disco-dan-bylsma/page-3?do=findComment&comment=696240

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23370-2015-nhl-playoffs-round-3/page-3?do=findComment&comment=695680

I have never seen so much discussion and stuff taken as truth than the past few months (murray pouting over not getting mcdavid, murray complaining about Babcock, this crap).  When sources are continuously wrong and there is evidence after evidence that the news is manipulating crap in relation to murray and the sabres front office, they have no credibility.  Just like if you cry wolf about conspiracy crap regarding the same thing over and over, you lose credibility.

Well it works for Fox News.

hmmm gotcha

Battista HIRED Tim Murray.

Spend a few minutes actually putting some work in,

He and Pat LaFontaine were in the interview together.

my sincere take:  no one cares

No...people care, or they wouldn't try to attack those who actually do the work and thinking to bring facts and ideas to the table.

Stop being lazy.

Honestly, Ghost, I am just not interested in Joe Battista outside of his task of growing Harbor Center as a hockey destination here as well as growing hockey around the country.

As for what I believe in, that is a multi-layered philosophical discussion not conducive to this forum. Let's just say I agree with Crash Davis for starters.

GO SABRES!!!

:lol:

Joe Battista Noir   - Chapter One  "A cold ass day in HarborCenter"

Battista leaned in the doorway, his bold, cigar-chomping countenance wore a look of pain at the unusual ménage of life around Harbor Center. When the meaning of his interior disturbance became clear to him he placed a hand beside the jowls of his mouth to amplify the sound and shouted to his male secretary. "Has Terry returned my call?"

A feeble clamor was heard in the other room. A meek,  "No, sir. no messages at all, sir." 

Out the window he could see the FNC, on the wayward side Seymour Knox Plaza. He, the man that would be Lord Chancellor to a hockey empire was yet to take his rightful place. He knew he had his enemies in the "chattering circles" of the NHL. There were those that thought him only an aggrandized superintendent of a rented building, a warm seat if you will. Those people would count him wrong. He was after all, a Penn State man. There were moments he truly believed in his own resiliency - - - not merely a human heart beat in his ribcage, but that of a Lion. And not just an underfed, scrawny, circus lion with a touch of mange that one sees in bad sideshows--- but a real, goddamned real, beating heart of a Nittany Lion. Literally.  

"Literally Nittany," he mumbled to himself, and was awoken from his reverie by a ringing phone.  

"TERRY!," he answered, "I've been......."

"No, no, chubs, its not TERRY!," he heard over the line with a mocking girl voice, "This is Black, you mamby-pamby sycophant."

Battista leaned in the doorway, his bold, cigar-chomping countenance wore a look of pain at the unusual ménage of life around Harbor Center. When the meaning of his interior disturbance became clear to him he placed a hand beside the jowls of his mouth to amplify the sound and shouted to his male secretary. "Has Terry returned my call?"

A feeble clamor was heard in the other room. A meek,  "No, sir. no messages at all, sir." 

Out the window he could see the FNC, on the wayward side Seymour Knox Plaza. He, the man that would be Lord Chancellor to a hockey empire was yet to take his rightful place. He knew he had his enemies in the "chattering circles" of the NHL. There were those that thought him only an aggrandized superintendent of a rented building, a warm seat if you will. Those people would count him wrong. He was after all, a Penn State man. There were moments he truly believed in his own resiliency - - - not merely a human heart beat in his ribcage, but that of a Lion. And not just an underfed, scrawny, circus lion with a touch of mange that one sees in bad sideshows--- but a real, goddamned real, beating heart of a Nittany Lion. Literally.  

"Literally Nittany," he mumbled to himself, and was awoken from his reverie by a ringing phone.  

"No, no, chubs, its not TERRY!," he heard over the line with a mocking girl voice, "This is Black, you mamby-pamby sycophant."

I never say a man missed his calling, only that it's time to answer it. X, your time has come.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

GO SABRES!!!

I told everyone why he probably wouldn't be coming over the past 2 weeks.....and was called a jerk, Buffalo-basher, non-credible, yadda yadda. Yet, when Babcock goes to Toronto.......Babcock is an ahole.....yet.....maybe only a handful of true men stepped up and said...."good read on that".

You did? You were? They didn't?

I think you vastly over-estimate the extent to which the give and take of this board stays in people's minds. Some stuff that goes on around here sticks with me long-term (mostly the stuff that gets repeated over and over), but most of what I see here just flits away -- either when the window is closed or within a matter of days. I think that's how it is for most people here. The fact that people weren't patting you on the back (or offering a reach-around?) for your call on Babcock shouldn't be taken as a failing on anyone's part ("true men"?! c'mon) or a slight directed toward you. 

Battista HIRED Tim Murray.

And that's a fact! Jack!

Wait -   :blink:

More please  :worthy:

Can you and Qwk please have a competition?

It would be interesting to know why Battista ended up being the one from the organization providing a quote for the article.  Clearly the author wouldn't have sought him out.

Or given that the author has covered the Big Ten conference for years, he may very well have had some interaction with Battista in the past.  He does that by day anyway, by night he's working on the chemtrails.

My God, as well as a few precious ideas, and a handful of precious people.

Beyond that: Nothing further than I can throw it.

The funk is this? X-Files?

I-want-to-believe-X-Files-UFO.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.