All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

Godspeed, eman. There is this, though, When they start picking on your carriage returns, and the snark replies pick up, you might just have them on the run. Be prepared to be called a troll, or to be told you have a narrative, any moment now.

He does have the potential to be PA Two. Goodness knows we need more of that on this board.   :rolleyes:

With TPegs money...

Painting the visitors locker room pink just for the Leafs....

A TV in the visitors locker room stuck on a 30 second clip of a leave blower pushing leaves around on a fall day....

Painting the benches 15 minutes before their bus arrives....

All hooks and shelves removed from visitors locker room just before Leaf games...

A dead horse in the middle of the locker room..

A big cake with "EAT ME" on it

:wub:

My whole deal with Nolan: He should have been given the opportunity to finish his contract with a good solid young lineup as I believe he coaches youth well. that is all: Give the man a fair shake then release him if the results are not what you expected. Is that so wrong???

I wonder if there is a team in any league that didn't axe a coach with years left. Look at EDM and TOR and their great karma. Give me a break

I agree in principle, but it's not like it was just the Sabres FO were arrogant and assumed they had it wrapped up; TO was already interviewing the next guy in line for them, so clearly they had no idea they were still in the running!  Pitting two suitors against one another is one thing, but TO wasn't courting Babcock; it was the other way around.  He was just smart enough to make it seem like he didn't want to be there to extract as much coin as possible.

I don't think the Sabres needed to be arrogant for this scenario to have played out -- just over-eager and perhaps naive. As for TOR thinking they were out of the running, I'm not so sure. They were clearly prepared for that to be the case. And TOR was for sure still a suitor -- Babcock played the situation perfectly, in my view. It was just bidness.

I am reading tweets on the presser. He's in for a rebuild. Called Pegula a "star."

I wonder if there is a team in any league that didn't axe a coach with years left. Look at EDM and TOR and their great karma. Give me a break

Show me the last time an NHL coach finished last in back-to-back seasons and got two more years to prove himself.

Hell, show me the last time an NHL coach finished last in back-to-back seasons.

LGR4GM: You're reading too much into my post. Yes I do like Jack Eichel and feel he will be a very good player. Will he be better then McDavid: NO!(and that is why McDavid will go 1st in June and not Eichel.) To your argument, could you tell me how many Conference winners have won the Cup in the last decade? (as opposed to the 8th place finishers) So maybe you don't want to shoot for the moon and the stars. No, I never at any point felt the Sabres would make the playoffs last season as I was aware that the tank was on. I am not aware of what happens to Jack if he stays for another season in Boston. This question was brought up on SportsCentre here and no one answered it so pardon my ignorance on that. I agree with you that the jury is out on Murray and we will see if his future bodes well for this club. I believe that it does. I don't like the way he went about it but I am not the GM. I felt we had good goaltending with Neuvirth and Enroth. Maybe Lindback will be good also. The NHL has teams in Florida, Carolina, Arizona and perhaps Vegas in the future so I don't give a damn "what the NHL likes". they are feeding off the cap money from good Canadian clubs like Montreal and Toronto so screw them for that. I hope I have made things somewhat clearer. I do get off on a rant but I'm starting to feel like a Leafs fan. I want a winner in Buffalo before I die!!!!! That is all.

I don't think the Sabres needed to be arrogant for this scenario to have played out -- just over-eager and perhaps naive. As for TOR thinking they were out of the running, I'm not so sure. They were clearly prepared for that to be the case. And TOR was for sure still a suitor -- Babcock played the situation perfectly, in my view. It was just bidness.

I am reading tweets on the presser. He's in for a rebuild. Called Pegula a "star."

A fair point.  I'm just hung up on the fact that there seems to have been a huge disparity between what he (MB) was saying publicly and what he actually intended to do.  I'd be pissed if I was a Red Wings fan.

...Again, come the end of November the picture will be clearer. 

You have mentioned this several times this morning.  What exactly is going to be "clearer" after 6 weeks of the regular season?  It will still be an extremely young core(Eichel, Girgs, Kane, Reinhart, etc...) and a brand new coach.

End of November will be 7-8 weeks in the season. just assessing the style of play they will go to. Not their record of wins/losses. we should be able to see how the PP looks. Puck possession, goaltending, are the panicked or composed, speed etc. not looking at wins/losses at that time or really for next season. Just looking for improvement is all.

My whole deal with Nolan: He should have been given the opportunity to finish his contract with a good solid young lineup as I believe he coaches youth well. that is all: Give the man a fair shake then release him if the results are not what you expected. Is that so wrong???

I've said it before, but I don't mind repeating. There has never been a coach in the NHL who kept his job after finishing dead last two seasons in a row. Never. Ever.

There was no need to let Nolan coach any longer - he proved that he didn't have the coaching acumen to be the guy when the real bullets fly this season and beyond. Say all you want that his roster was terrible (it was) and that he was set up to fail. Even if he was set up, doesn't change the fact that his team failed and was historically bad two seasons in a row. It's a results based business.

LGR4GM: You're reading too much into my post. Yes I do like Jack Eichel and feel he will be a very good player. Will he be better then McDavid: NO!(and that is why McDavid will go 1st in June and not Eichel.) To your argument, could you tell me how many Conference winners have won the Cup in the last decade? (as opposed to the 8th place finishers) So maybe you don't want to shoot for the moon and the stars. No, I never at any point felt the Sabres would make the playoffs last season as I was aware that the tank was on. I am not aware of what happens to Jack if he stays for another season in Boston. This question was brought up on SportsCentre here and no one answered it so pardon my ignorance on that. I agree with you that the jury is out on Murray and we will see if his future bodes well for this club. I believe that it does. I don't like the way he went about it but I am not the GM. I felt we had good goaltending with Neuvirth and Enroth. Maybe Lindback will be good also. The NHL has teams in Florida, Carolina, Arizona and perhaps Vegas in the future so I don't give a damn "what the NHL likes". they are feeding off the cap money from good Canadian clubs like Montreal and Toronto so screw them for that. I hope I have made things somewhat clearer. I do get off on a rant but I'm starting to feel like a Leafs fan. I want a winner in Buffalo before I die!!!!! That is all.

You have no way of knowing if Connor McDavid will have a better career than Jack Eichel.  I actually wonder how we will measure that in 5 years but the tank gave us the chance to.  Also I wonder about Jack being better than Connor in the playoffs.

We aren't talking about conference winners we are talking 1-4 seeds.  You want to make that argument you look it up. 

This board has answered the Jack Eichel back to Boston question numerous times and I just did again. There is not way for him to reenter the draft.

We had overachieving GT.  Artur Irbe deserves credit there.

The NHL feeds off of the tv revenue and you can bet money that if McDavid were in Carolina, Phoenix, or Miami that it would boost the NHL revenue more than him being on a team that sells out its building all the time.

You keep tossing out the "I want a winner in Buffalo" line.  We are all Sabres fans. We all want a winner.  

Edited by LGR4GM

Eichel is under team control for at least 3 years and it is incredibly difficult and/or rare for an athlete drafted from the NCAA to get out of playing for that team. He would be giving up multiple years and prolonging his UFA status by doing so. Highly unlikely/not happening.

Lindback is not under contract and is a free agent. So we don't have any control of where he goes. Unless you're saying he's coming back on a new deal, in which case I would argue against such a scenario.

Not sure what you mean/are getting at with the "feeding off cap money from Canadian teams"? The NHL makes a majority of their money off of the TV deals, and they get nothing from the Canadian markets as far as ratings. This is why the NHL and Bettman continues to push for expanded regionality in the US market. They are looking at non-traditional markets as a way to boost TV viewership and $.

ADD: It seems Liger beat me to nearly everyone of my points. #LigerTagTeam

End of November will be 7-8 weeks in the season. just assessing the style of play they will go to. Not their record of wins/losses. we should be able to see how the PP looks. Puck possession, goaltending, are the panicked or composed, speed etc. not looking at wins/losses at that time or really for next season. Just looking for improvement is all.

if the sabres are not better by the 7-8 week of the season then you will be proven right and karma will have got the sabres. they treated nolan horribly and they didn't do what they could to try to get that last playoff spot and then they lost mcDavid they lost Babcock and the worst thing of all is they lost Nolan who deserved a chance and was never given what he deserved because pat laFontaine told him on the phone that they were going to resign miller and then make big trades to make the playoffs last year and then murray pushed patty out and then none of it happened!! then murray and pegula got rid of miller because battista told them he was no good! They wanted to be bad and get a better pick but there is no guarantee and then the Kings made the playoffs and they won the Cup!! That is how you win the Cup - you don't trade Miller and you have a Nolan on the team in some capacity.I'm still a Sabres fan and were all Sabres fans here i think but other than that PaSabresfan guy none of you see the big picture and you can't see that Terry has done nothing to get the team and now we have nothing!! No mcDavid no Babcock and yeah we have Eickell but he's not that good and he's going to stay at BC for three years and then a graduate year and then hell go to the next team Nolan coaches in the NHL. Hes not that good but if he plays for nolan hell be great because he'll compete even if he is on the fourth line for a long time because this is how you learn!! 

Good for Buffalo media to ask the tough questions. Should have said "misled" instead of "lied" so he couldn't avoid the issue. Toronto radio said Buffalo media came with their knives out. Said now they know what it was like when Gorges said he didn't want to be traded to Toronto. Problem with that comparison is he said it upfront, he didn't try to play them in a bidding war like Babcock did.

JFC, Adam. Awful.

Only thing that would be worse (WAY worse): If someone from the Sabres planted that idea/question with him.

What's the problem? Isn't that what we all want to know?

My favorite part of your ###### filled diatribe is this line.

Do we really need this? eman is maintaing a sense of respect even while being attacked, including by the site owner.

It's almost like you're trolling for a reaction. Guess you got me this time. Nice.

What's the problem? Isn't that what we all want to know?

Do we really need this? eman is maintaing a sense of respect even while being attacked, including by the site owner.

It's almost like you're trolling for a reaction. Guess you got me this time. Nice.

Oh, PA please tell me you want to play this game. Please.  Clearly the narrative comment hit... and is still hitting.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.