Get to Know - Disco Dan Bylsma

His nickname has been Disco Dan for a long time, actually. Fans in Pitt also referred to him as such.

What's the "I told you so" here? GoDD's fantastic breakdowns of Bylsma definitely got many on the bandwagon, but I don't think anybody was suggesting that hiring Bylsma was outside of the realm of possibility.

It's an I told you so if he leads the Sabres to the cup, but I don't think any fan of the team will be wasting time on those while celebrating.

The "I told you so" would arise if he leads the Sabres to greatness.

And while I'm sure he would keep it classy, GoDD would definitely be entitled to a little vindication.

The "I told you so" would arise if he leads the Sabres to greatness.

And while I'm sure he would keep it classy, GoDD would definitely be entitled to a little vindication.

Of course, he may also want to crawl into a hole in the ground if the opposite happens.

As an aside, I originally typed "ground" spelled as "grownd" and was initially confused at the red underline. Not my best moment.

Sounds like an official announcement might come tomorrow... little fuzzy on the details in twitter land

The only thing legitimately out there is from Stepner and then others following up. I saw a guy with 13 followers say that his sources say the announcement will be made tomorrow. There's no private investigating needed with twitter. Legit accounts reporting legit news is all we need.

The only thing legitimately out there is from Stepner and then others following up. I saw a guy with 13 followers say that his sources say the announcement will be made tomorrow. There's no private investigating needed with twitter. Legit accounts reporting legit news is all we need.

Disagree. Twitter needs lots of private investigating. Just last month everyone and their mother was quoting Tim Murray for something he didn't even say.  

Disagree. Twitter needs lots of private investigating. Just last month everyone and their mother was quoting Tim Murray for something he didn't even say.  

Sure. But that's a different situation.

Twitter isn't that difficult. Nobody that you should be paying any mind to has said that there's an announcement coming tomorrow or even that there may be.

Read what Jay McKee had to say about him. It seems to be the opposite of what you're saying. 

Yeah i know, still think im right and not jumping on the babcockhardonbandwagon 2.0

i say we hire Guy boucher as hc and ted nelson as an assistant. :p

Yeah i know, still think im right and not jumping on the babcockhardonbandwagon 2.0

i say we hire Guy boucher as hc and ted nelson as an assistant. :P

And we very quickly come up with 15 pages of why Boucher is an underrated and probably better coach than Babcock and Byslma  :lol:

His nickname has been Disco Dan for a long time, actually. Fans in Pitt also referred to him as such.

What's the "I told you so" here? GoDD's fantastic breakdowns of Bylsma definitely got many on the bandwagon, but I don't think anybody was suggesting that hiring Bylsma was outside of the realm of possibility.

It's an I told you so if he leads the Sabres to the cup, but I don't think any fan of the team will be wasting time on those while celebrating.

I didn't want to bring it up because Godd seemed pleased to have coined the phrase disco Dan, but I've also read some articles referring him as that nickname. Just felt bad being the first to bring it up. Still a very good call man.

Now we get the next 10 years of GODD supporting Tim Murray's decision.  :lol:

I didn't want to bring it up because Godd seemed pleased to have coined the phrase disco Dan, but I've also read some articles referring him as that nickname. Just felt bad being the first to bring it up. Still a very good call man.

He's been called Disco Dan for 20+ years.

If I'm going to coin a nickname for someone, it's probably going to be a little more less subtle...like..Weasel !!!

attachicon.gifcoach.PNG

We have pictures of GMTM and HCDB together.

OK....I like the GM.....I like the coach.....I like Rex Ryan.......I'm running out of things to complain about.

Terry.....you're worth $4 billion......please, can you give Gibby a new set of polos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZ4i8aWs_s

Glad to see you posting, I thought for sure you got arrested for stalking Danny boy.

The pipes...the pipes........

OK....I like the GM.....I like the coach.....I like Rex Ryan.......I'm running out of things to complain about.

Terry.....you're worth $4 billion......please, can you give Gibby a new set of polos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZ4i8aWs_s

The pipes...the pipes........

Uh oh PA...looks like we may have gotten GoDD too! You may be last man standing.

If I'm going to coin a nickname for someone, it's probably going to be a little more less subtle...like..Weasel !!!

Lol man . This is why you need to be here going forward!

Never underestimate the possible dysfunction just around the corner. I think I was prozac posting for about 3 weeks when they hired LaFontaine. ;)

Well, this too!