Your Dream Stanley Cup Playoff Run

CallawaySabres

I thought about what I would love to see when Buffalo makes a run. I considered who I would love to beat on the way as well as other rivalries. Would be a pretty fun ride if this happened.....

Round 1

Chicago V Minny

Nashville V St. Louis

Calgary V Edmonton

Vancouver vs Winnipeg

Buffalo V Philly

Ottawa V Montreal

Detroit V Toronto

Tampa V Boston

Round 2

Chicago V St. Louis

Calgary V Winnipeg

Buffalo V Toronto

Boston V Montreal

Round 3

Winnipeg V Chicago

Buffalo V Boston

Stanley Cup

Buffalo Over Chicago

I thought about what I would love to see when Buffalo makes a run. I considered who I would love to beat on the way as well as other rivalries. Would be a pretty fun ride if this happened.....

Round 1

Chicago V Minny

Nashville V St. Louis

Calgary V Edmonton

Vancouver vs Winnipeg

Buffalo V Philly

Ottawa V Montreal

Detroit V Toronto

Tampa V Boston

Round 2

Chicago V St. Louis

Calgary V Winnipeg

Buffalo V Toronto

Boston V Montreal

Round 3

Winnipeg V Chicago

Buffalo V Boston

Stanley Cup

Buffalo Over Chicago

I'm no expert in the new playoff format, but wouldn't the first two rounds be within the division, so Toronto and Boston, and the third round Philly?

Edit: Bracket:

Round1: Buffalo v. don't care

Round2: Buffalo v. don't care

Round3: Buffalo v. don't care

SCF: Buffalo over don't care.

THE SABRES WIN THE CUP! :)

Edited by MattPie

It would be pretty sweet to knock out Philly, Toronto, and Boston en route to the Finals. But we have a lot of bad memories with a lot of clubs to avenge.

Pittsburgh

Ottawa

Montreal

Carolina

Islanders

We can knock out different teams every year as we build our dynasty.

I'm no expert in the new playoff format, but wouldn't the first two rounds be within the division, so Toronto and Boston, and the third round Philly?

It could happen that the Sabres play Filly in the first round if one wins a division and the other is a wild card in a division with two wild cards.  Cf. Anaheim and Winnipeg this year.

It could happen that the Sabres play Filly in the first round if one wins a division and the other is a wild card in a division with two wild cards.  Cf. Anaheim and Winnipeg this year.

True, but under the current format there isn't a scenario (at least none that was readily apparent) where you then play the next 2 back in your own division. Whichever division you start in, the 2nd opponent has to be from that same division. So, if Buffalo went Patrick as a wildcard in the 1st, it would have to be another Patrick team in the 2nd.

If Filly crossed over, 2nd opponent would be Adams, but 3rd would have to be Patrick as no Adams team would have been in that bracket to start.

True, but under the current format there isn't a scenario (at least none that was readily apparent) where you then play the next 2 back in your own division. Whichever division you start in, the 2nd opponent has to be from that same division. So, if Buffalo went Patrick as a wildcard in the 1st, it would have to be another Patrick team in the 2nd.

If Filly crossed over, 2nd opponent would be Adams, but 3rd would have to be Patrick as no Adams team would have been in that bracket to start.

And no other Adams team would remain, in fact.  Good point.

Edited by Eleven

Sabres finish 2nd in East with 110 points - 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Round 1 opponent: Carolina Hurricants

Game 1 Sabres 6 Canes 0

Andrej Sekera scores all 6 goals for the Sabres, Eichel assists 4 of them.  Deslauriers records 34 hits in the first period. My siblings and I all do a drunken dance around her Canes fan boyfriend.  JJ blasts the Canes goalie for sucking way worse than Tim Thomas did in the playoffs at age 38.

Game 2 Sabres 7 Canes 0

Evander Kane notches a hatty and gets a major penalty for celebratorily riding his stick into their GT, injuring him.  No suspension is given. PA writes a short story about a handsome young super hero vanquishing a cockeye-browed boogyman.

Game 3 Canes 3 Sabres 2

The Sabres were visibly drunk (progressively so following each intermission), especially Ullmark who played more than half of the game facing the wrong way.  Tyler Ennis knocked out Jeff Skinner and then accidentally started fighting Reinhart.  Reinhart injures his hand punching Ennis's cup. Reinhart will not be fine for the rest of the series.  Liger is in tears.

Game 4 Canes 1 Sabres 6

Babdick runs a bag skate instead of pre-game warm ups.  Ryan O'Reilly puked his guts out 5 minutes before the opening faceoff but was still out there to shut down Eric Staal.  A tired Sabres squad leaned on Nikita Zadorov for 4 goals, intimidating the Canes forwards away from the defensive zone all night (even from the bench), and 3 broken glass panes from bone shattering checks.  d4rk's new avatar is a custom gif of all 3 hits superimposed with the Nikita-truck.

Game 5 Sabres 11 Canes 7

The Sabres decide to play only 4 skaters and no goaltender.  Captain Zemgus Girgensons returns from the injury he sustained during the regular season (he fought every single member of the Boston Bruins 4th line after scoring the 3rd goal of a natural hat trick- his hand bones got screwed up from knocking out teeth) and marks his post season debut with 5 goals and 16 takeaways in his opening shift.  Ullmark notches a goal and 2 assists skating at the rover position.  In a drunken stupor of delight, Aud bumps into Kim Pegula on his way out of the game.  She's sniffling a little bit, and in a moment of excitement for the series win and weakness from the long months of putting on the brave show reveals that her and Terry's marriage might be on the rocks.  It's a strange sensation, but she feels like she can confide in this kindly stranger.

Me and my siblings throw rocks at my sister's boyfriend's car.

2nd round opponent, Boston Bruins...

Edited by qwksndmonster

I don't especially have any teams I want to beat along the way, but my dream run starts in the regular season with winning the Presidents Trophy and scorching through the playoffs. I don't want any nonsense talk about being lucky or getting hot at the right time, I want to be the best wire-to-wire and leave no doubt that the Cup was deserved.

This was your dream:

Expand it if you'd like  :P

We lead in every single game we play in the playoffs.  We lose 1 game in the finals and win it on home ice in Buffalo going 16-1 and are considered one of the most dominant Stanley Cup Champions in history winning our final game 7-1. 

Sabres finish 2nd in East with 110 points - 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Round 1 opponent: Carolina Hurricants

Game 1 Sabres 6 Canes 0

Andrej Sekera scores all 6 goals for the Sabres, Eichel assists 4 of them.  Deslauriers records 34 hits in the first period. My siblings and I all do a drunken dance around her Canes fan boyfriend.  JJ blasts the Canes goalie for sucking way worse than Tim Thomas did in the playoffs at age 38.

Game 2 Sabres 7 Canes 0

Evander Kane notches a hatty and gets a major penalty for celebratorily riding his stick into their GT, injuring him.  No suspension is given. PA writes a short story about a handsome young super hero vanquishing a cockeye-browed boogyman.

Game 3 Canes 3 Sabres 2

The Sabres were visibly drunk (progressively so following each intermission), especially Ullmark who played more than half of the game facing the wrong way.  Tyler Ennis knocked out Jeff Skinner and then accidentally started fighting Reinhart.  Reinhart injures his hand punching Ennis's cup. Reinhart will not be fine for the rest of the series.  Liger is in tears.

Game 4 Canes 1 Sabres 6

Babdick runs a bag skate instead of pre-game warm ups.  Ryan O'Reilly puked his guts out 5 minutes before the opening faceoff but was still out there to shut down Eric Staal.  A tired Sabres squad leaned on Nikita Zadorov for 4 goals, intimidating the Canes forwards away from the defensive zone all night (even from the bench), and 3 broken glass panes from bone shattering checks.  d4rk's new avatar is a custom gif of all 3 hits superimposed with the Nikita-truck.

Game 5 Sabres 11 Canes 7

The Sabres decide to play only 4 skaters and no goaltender.  Captain Zemgus Girgensons returns from the injury he sustained during the regular season (he fought every single member of the Boston Bruins 4th line after scoring the 3rd goal of a natural hat trick- his hand bones got screwed up from knocking out teeth) and marks his post season debut with 5 goals and 16 takeaways in his opening shift.  Ullmark notches a goal and 2 assists skating at the rover position.  In a drunken stupor of delight, Aud bumps into Kim Pegula on his way out of the game.  She's sniffling a little bit, and in a moment of excitement for the series win and weakness from the long months of putting on the brave show reveals that her and Terry's marriage might be on the rocks.  It's a strange sensation, but she feels like she can confide in this kindly stranger.

Me and my siblings throw rocks at my sister's boyfriend's car.

2nd round opponent, Boston Bruins...

:lol: Please tell me you're not stopping there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.