The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

@Buccigross: With Jack Eichel signing with the Sabres today, BU coach David Quinn just texted me, "I'm going to become a worse coach today."

But, but, he STILL hasn't told the Sabres if he's leaving BU. How could he possibly be planning on signing a contract today. :w00t: :w00t:

Taken today at Buffalo Airport

What, Pegula didn't send the company jet? I'd be insulted if I were Jack. 

Or, to further the conspiracy theories, Jack still hasn't officially made up his mind and rides on corporate jets would be in violation of NCAA rules. Kid is STILL protecting his college eligibility. 

GO SABRES!!!

...so a car ride counts as a gift or endorsement, making him NCAA ineligible!

How do we know he didn't pay Ted Black the prevailing rate of a cab ride from the airport to downtown? This isn't over yet. 

@Buccigross: With Jack Eichel signing with the Sabres today, BU coach David Quinn just texted me, "I'm going to become a worse coach today."

Bet he's glad he just signed that new five-year deal with BU a few days ago. No way they don't regress next year. 

GO SABRES!!!

...so a car ride counts as a gift or endorsement, making him NCAA ineligible!

Not sure how the rules work today In the NCCA, but when I was getting recruited by a division one school the head coach paid for my travel expenses and meals during the trip. This was back in 99. Let me add he over paid on the travel. Now that couldn't have been allowed, but I wasn't complaining or telling! 

Edited by Thanes16

Not sure how the rules work today In the NCCA, but when I was getting recruited by a division one school the head coach paid for my travel expenses and meals during the trip. This was back in 99. Let me add he over paid on the travel. Now that couldn't have been allowed, but I wasn't complaining or telling! 

School visit related travel is ok.  If he paid for you to go to the Jersey Shore for the summer it was probably not kosher.  That is how it worked in '81 and am pretty sure is still the case.

School visit related travel is ok.  If he paid for you to go to the Jersey Shore for the summer it was probably not kosher.  That is how it worked in '81 and am pretty sure is still the case.

Ha Let me just say he paid more than he had to for travel. Now that I know was/is not allowed. Also provided my host money to have a good night on the town. Don't remember much of that night though.... ha ha 

Edited by Thanes16