Ryan Miller benched for playoffs in favor of Eddie Lack...

matter2003

Lack earned his start. Miller got hurt and Lack held the fort. When he falters if he does Miller will be back in.

Agreed. Just a tough break for Miller. No shame, it is what it is and if they need to call on him it means their in trouble. Injury him. That is all. For now.

Time to bring Miller home.  His flirtation with the West Coast and the all-travel-all-the-time Western Conference is over.

Wouldn't mind that w/ the transition the Sabres are going through. Ullmark is the goalie I have high hopes for. Miller would be a great mentor for him. Miller has two years remaining on his contract. He'll be making 6 million each year. Question is what would Buffalo have to give up to bring Miller back? As @fakegor pointed out, Miller has only had 1 start in the last 7 weeks. It makes sense why Lack is starting in the playoffs. Vancouver may have no desire to trade the guy. Now, if Lack stands on his head during the playoffs, Vancouver may decide he is their guy and may consider trading Miller. However, what do the Canucks have in their system? If they have next to nothing, Miller will not be traded. 

At this point he very well could be.

And they're both better than Enroth :nana:

Statistics suggest he might be...both played over 40 games and faced similar shot totals...Lack had a significantly better save percentage...Miller gave up 12 more goals while facing 3 fewer shots.

Lack has played exactly one full season worth of games, 82 and has almost exactly the same numbers as Miller's career average, although slightly better...

Lack .917 save percentage to Miller's .915 and 2.43 GAA to Miller's 2.59

Lack would cost a whole lot less also...

Statistics suggest he might be...both played over 40 games and faced similar shot totals...Lack had a significantly better save percentage...Miller gave up 12 more goals while facing 3 fewer shots.

Lack has played exactly one full season worth of games, 82 and has almost exactly the same numbers as Miller's career average, although slightly better...

Lack .917 save percentage to Miller's .915 and 2.43 GAA to Miller's 2.59

Lack would cost a whole lot less also...

Lack had the better season, no doubt, and it's definitely possible (maybe even likely) that at Miller's age, he has begun his decline. But 40 games is a tiny sample for goaltenders, so I'd like to see what Lack does over the course of another season as the starter.

Have to admit, I was never a big fan of Enroth but I am very surprised at how poorly he played for Dallas.

I don't think he had a chance to get used to the Stars' defense.  :angel:

Seriously though, he did manage to finish off nicely. 5GA in the last 4 games and ended with a higher save percentage than Lehtonen. Although that's not saying much and it was only 13 games (9 starts). Doesn't say much for your starting goaltender when your backup has 4 relief efforts after the trade deadline. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read somewhere (may have been a Vancouver paper) that they're going to have a serious look at Markstrom next year. Not sure how that plays out for Miller. But he finished off the AHL season with a .933 save percentage in 31 games. 

(Can we please PLEASE get rid of the automatic merging of posts?!?!?! It serves absolutely no purpose on a forum like this.)

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Wouldn't mind that w/ the transition the Sabres are going through. Ullmark is the goalie I have high hopes for. Miller would be a great mentor for him. Miller has two years remaining on his contract. He'll be making 6 million each year. Question is what would Buffalo have to give up to bring Miller back? As @fakegor pointed out, Miller has only had 1 start in the last 7 weeks. It makes sense why Lack is starting in the playoffs. Vancouver may have no desire to trade the guy. Now, if Lack stands on his head during the playoffs, Vancouver may decide he is their guy and may consider trading Miller. However, what do the Canucks have in their system? If they have next to nothing, Miller will not be traded. 

Why do you say this? No proof Miller has ever been a "mentor"

Lack is starting because he played well while filling in for Miller and Miller had a total of one game to get back from weeks off to get ready for the playoffs.

God job trying to make this into some kind of goalie controversy though and that it's because the Canucks think Lack is better. Miller was supposed to be back by the playoffs at the earliest, Lack played well so they decided to give Miller a little nmore time to get back into shape by letting Lack start the series, but now down 2 games to 1 I wouldn't be surprised to see them put Miller back in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.