The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

I know I'm just thinkin' like a broad here (whatever the hell that means)  but... 

Whatever happens happens. I'm out of steam. Babcock is a fine coach. Detroit has plenty of hope in Blashill. Pegula has money. Hooray. The Babcock stare shall follow us where e'er we go. 

Et2dq9A.gif

Edited by Josie914

I know I'm just thinkin' like a broad here (whatever the hell that means)  but... 

Whatever happens happens. I'm out of steam. Babcock is a fine coach. Detroit has plenty of hope in Blashill. Pegula has money. Hooray. The Babcock stare shall follow us where e'er we go. 

Et2dq9A.gif

You crazy broad!

This is the most sensible post of the day.

You and Bio are the only two confirmed females here. I've said it before, but that is hardcore.

Jeanbe and MonkeyGirl as well (and Chz).  And there's one in Ohio who I haven't seen post in a long while.

Edited by biodork

I forgot about MonkeyGirl and I never knew Jeanbe was a woman, but I can sort of remember her posting?

MonkeyGirl doesn't post much, and Jeanbe doesn't call herself out but her profile says female (she's the one in Phoenix).

I forgot about MonkeyGirl and I never knew Jeanbe was a woman, but I can sort of remember her posting?

I guess that "Gender: Female" isn't enough?  :)  JK

I read a lot here because I'm stuck in Phoenix with little to NO coverage of the NHL team.  Very sad.  West side Buffalo born and Depew graduate.   

I guess that "Gender: Female" isn't enough?   :)  JK

I read a lot here because I'm stuck in Phoenix with little to NO coverage of the NHL team.  Very sad.  West side Buffalo born and Depew graduate.   

Wildcats!

1985   :blush:

And don't trust D4rk.  He's a......  whatinthehell are Lancasterers calling themselves these days?

Edited by weave

WOW!  It's like I'm the St. Patrick of Sabrespace....but instead of a staff, my instrument is verbal sponge candy!

Thanks ladies.....I think you can see i get myself into enough trouble. I don't appreciate having words attributed to me that I have not said. Maybe a nicer thing for me to have said was, "You're thinking too much." If I thought it was a sincere debate, I would have.

Internet flowers to you all. And don't let a DB like me give you reason to post for the first time in a week.........

He turned down the first offer over the weekend. This one was enough to make him think again at least.

If this is true, I just don't know... This was Dwight's point from earlier. If money is driving this decision, if he has to be offered an obscene amount that he "can't refuse," is this the right place for him?

If this is true, I just don't know... This was Dwight's point from earlier. If money is driving this decision, if he has to be offered an obscene amount that he "can't refuse," is this the right place for him?

I'm working under the assumption that his efforts won't be any different regardless of his motivation, so why he is here is unimportant to me.  If he needed to be bribed, as long as we get his best efforts I don't care.

Go Cats.   78.

:worthy:

"Well, I ain't no movie star but I can get behind anything.

Yeah I can get behind anything..."

I'm working under the assumption that his efforts won't be any different regardless of his motivation, so why he is here is unimportant to me.  If he needed to be bribed, as long as we get his best efforts I don't care.

Agreed. I just can't picture anyone at the pinnacle of their profession dogging it after relocating. It may not work out, but I don't think it'll be for lack of trying.

Furthermore, do we even know if his heart isn't in it? What if the hesitation really is mostly on his family? I'm not married, but I can't imagine it's an easy conversation to have to convince your wife to relocate if she really is happy where she's at. Regarding the money, I think perspective is important: the extra being offered by Buffalo isn't going to have much of an appreciable impact on their lifestyle. It's not like he's choosing between $50k and $5 million or $3 million and $300 million.

Another angle to look at is how difficult it is for most people to get out of their comfort zone (whether it's job, location, or simply daily routine). The money being necessary to break that comfort zone doesn't have to mean he doesn't want to do it.

Agreed. I just can't picture anyone at the pinnacle of their profession dogging it after relocating. It may not work out, but I don't think it'll be for lack of trying.

Furthermore, do we even know if his heart isn't in it? What if the hesitation really is mostly on his family? I'm not married, but I can't imagine it's an easy conversation to have to convince your wife to relocate if she really is happy where she's at. Regarding the money, I think perspective is important: the extra being offered by Buffalo isn't going to have much of an appreciable impact on their lifestyle. It's not like he's choosing between $50k and $5 million or $3 million and $300 million.

Another angle to look at is how difficult it is for most people to get out of their comfort zone (whether it's job, location, or simply daily routine). The money being necessary to break that comfort zone doesn't have to mean he doesn't want to do it.

Gentlemen!

If Babcock comes here, be assured his heart will be in it.  He will give the job all he has.

Mike Babcock isn't going to come to Buffalo to mail in a less than 100% effort. 

If he doesn't want to come, he won't come.

I think Risto, Pysyk, Larsson and Reinhart would thrive under Babcock.

He'll adore Gionta and I feel pretty safe with Foligno and Gorges too.

Eichel and Girgensons will thrive under anyone.

I am very curious to see what his relationship with Ennis, Kane and Bogo will be.

Zadorov is going to be put through the wringer

Gentlemen!

If Babcock comes here, be assured his heart will be in it.  He will give the job all he has.

Mike Babcock isn't going to come to Buffalo to mail in a less than 100% effort. 

If he doesn't want to come, he won't come.

It figures that you'd say that.  I was putting it between 65% - 82%.  I never thought Babcock to be a guy who actually wants to get the most out of his players.

Edited by Eleven

I think Risto, Pysyk, Larsson and Reinhart would thrive under Babcock.

He'll adore Gionta and I feel pretty safe with Foligno and Gorges too.

Eichel and Girgensons will thrive under anyone.

I am very curious to see what his relationship with Ennis, Kane and Bogo will be.

Zadorov is going to be put through the wringer

If Nyquist and Tatar can thrive under Babcock, I don't see why Ennis would be an issue. And for all of the reports about Kane off the ice, I didn't read a single bad thing about him on the ice. I'm curious to see your reasoning on Bogo being a question mark.

Zadorov...well, it really depends. From what I've gathered reading the Wings board, Babcock is not big on guys who play undisciplined and freelance. Is that a product of his youth, or is that going to be his general attitude even as he grows up? If it's the latter, we may see some fireworks. Hopefully he doesn't turn into our Brendan Smith.