The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

If you believe what Chz has said about what she does you'd believe it more.

No doubt she has connections, but what exactly does glasses being lowered from the face mean? I think we're over interpreting the tea leaves here.

I do appreciate the above update though.

Edited by kas23

His heart is in Detroit. His wallet is in Buffalo. Let him stay in Detroit.

Unfortunately, until things change, Buffalo will have to buy its friends in the sporting world. We don't possess enough good will to earn them through other means. 

That is OK.

His heart is in Detroit. His wallet is in Buffalo. Let him stay in Detroit.

That's one way of looking at it. But let's say Toronto did really offer him more than us and he rejected them completely. There must be something about Buffalo he's attracted to outside of the money. My guess? He loves our long term prospects, but isn't overly thrilled about the 1-2 year maturation process he's going to have to go through. So maybe the huge money is just what is needed to overcome that. I don't think that means his heart isn't here, it's simply that he'd prefer the team to be a bit further along.

Well now you are changing the topic of debate.  I agree the horses are much more important than the guy coaching the horses.

Let me state this: Babcock re-defines the rules governing this sort of thing.  I think that highly of him.

That doesn't mean I am right or that you or anyone else should agree with me.  

Babcock represents the top echelon of NHL hockey and gives the Sabres organization an heir of legitimacy it would not have without him.  Period.  

What is that worth?

Tim Murray doesn't do that, as much as I love the guy!

That's also debatable, ask GoDD about that, and even though I agree with you, his prestige has nothing to do with his importance relative to Murray. It looks nice in the papers, I'll give you that.

Thanks.

All others -- please cease fire.

I'm hardly the authority on these things, but I think it's "catfishing."

And based on the X-rated super-secret mod corporate retreats, I can assure you that everything is both real and spectacular. You've seen "Eyes Wide Shut?"

I like to call that movie,"Pants pulled down"

That's also debatable, ask GoDD about that, and even though I agree with you, his prestige has nothing to do with his importance relative to Murray. It looks nice in the papers, I'll give you that.

I agree that Murray is ultimately more important. But here's how I see it: great GM and average coaching gets you a good team. Average GM and great coaching gets you an average team. Great GM and great coaching gets you a great team. Let's hope Murray is great, because we know Babcock is.

That's one way of looking at it. But let's say Toronto did really offer him more than us and he rejected them completely. There must be something about Buffalo he's attracted to outside of the money. My guess? He loves our long term prospects, but isn't overly thrilled about the 1-2 year maturation process he's going to have to go through. So maybe the huge money is just what is needed to overcome that. I don't think that means his heart isn't here, it's simply that he'd prefer the team to be a bit further along.

I like this.  I think it may also make him think twice about what he really has over there in Detroit.  It also tells him that he's REALLY wanted over here, we're not just whistling Dixie.

All I gotta say is Babcock better damned well give Johnny that part in his upcoming war picture. 

GO SABRES!!!

:)

Best comment today.

On that note, I hereby challenge Joe Battista to NOT post a selfie on Twitter of himself and Babcock if Babcock is hired. $100 to charity if he can make it to the regular season. I will allow retweets of pictures released by the Sabres of official events where there are at least 4 people in the frame who are the focus, (i.e. Draft stage), as well as any official media.

:)

Best comment today.

On that note, I hereby challenge Joe Battista to NOT post a selfie on Twitter of himself and Babcock if Babcock is hired. $100 to charity if he can make it to the regular season. I will allow retweets of pictures released by the Sabres of official events where there are at least 4 people in the frame who are the focus, (i.e. Draft stage), as well as any official media.

If it's a selfie then Battista has to be the one taking it.

Sizzle I was responding to this.

What did I miss?

Because of that, Murray is "power hungry"?

Murray himself said a few months ago if he had known his Uncle was going to be so sick, he would have never taken the Buffalo job.

I'm pretty sure I've been one of the biggest Murray supporters here. This isn't 2010 anymore. We have track records to take into account now.

If it's a selfie then Battista has to be the one taking it.

Thank you my fine Millennial for the clarification.

Battista can't Tweet a picture of himself and Babcock, or retweet one of him and Babcock alone or with a family member. If Battista is on stage with 12 other people as they draft a guy, that is fine.

Those are my self-imposed rules.

What did I miss?

Because of that, Murray is "power hungry"?

Murray himself said a few months ago if he had known his Uncle was going to be so sick, he would have never taken the Buffalo job.

I'm pretty sure I've been one of the biggest Murray supporters here. This isn't 2010 anymore. We have track records to take into account now.

Thank you my fine Millennial for the clarification.

Battista can't Tweet a picture of himself and Babcock, or retweet one of him and Babcock alone or with a family member. If Battista is on stage with 12 other people as they draft a guy, that is fine.

Those are my self-imposed rules.

Anyone have a reference for that? If I remember right, he said something that a few people though meant that, but the rest of us thought was pretty innocuous.

Edited by MattPie

Let's be honest, Pegula carries these coach prospects in his pocket like so many nickels and dimes.

There is no way in hell Detroit is countering a $50 million package. 

If that is what Pegula has thrown on the table, this deal s done.

Anyone have a reference for that? If I remember right, he said something that a few people though meant that, but the rest of us thought was pretty innocuous.

Here you go.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/14/sabres-gm-murray-has-second-guessed-everything-since-uncles-cancer-diagnosis/

Let's be honest, Pegula carries these coach prospects in his pocket like so many nickels and dimes.

There is no way in hell Detroit is countering a $50 million package. 

If that is what Pegula has thrown on the table, this deal s done.

I don't know if Pegula knows what a nickel or dime look like.

Yea, he definitely never said that so explicitly. GoDD REALLY doesn't like Babcock, it seems. That or he's starting to feel like his buddy Disco isn't coming. Either way he seems off.

“I’ve quite frankly have second guessed everything that has gone on since..and [bryan] knows that too,” Tim Murray told TSN. “What’s happened has happened and I’m here, but under different circumstances – certainly if I knew that earlier, I wouldn’t have been very anxious to be out the door. I would have been quite content to know that I would have been his assistant for as long as he wanted.”

Sounds like a guy that loves his uncle, nothing more.

@bradyfan590: Source: Red Wings almost certainly OUT on Babcock. $ quote: "Mike Ilitch won't get in a bidding war with what he believes is his already."

“I’ve quite frankly have second guessed everything that has gone on since..and [bryan] knows that too,” Tim Murray told [/size]TSN. “What’s happened has happened and I’m here, but under different circumstances – certainly if I knew that earlier, I wouldn’t have been very anxious to be out the door. I would have been quite content to know that I would have been his assistant for as long as he wanted.”[/size]

Sounds like a guy that loves his uncle, nothing more.[/size]

And one whose Uncle was diagnosed with a terminal disease

Drane Loves Cancer and Death

Drane Says Murray is Power Hungry and Hates Buffalo

Drane Thinks Babcock is the Devil.

I'm starting to figure out why the Complaint Thread is loaded with a bunch of dudes being depressed about broads......because you think like them.

Either read what I am saying and not try to decipher it like you are On Your Moon ........or have some confidence in your own abilities and don't show up in a drunken 2am stupor because of an inferiority complex.

Thanks for finding the article ROC

Drane Loves Cancer and Death

Drane Says Murray is Power Hungry and Hates Buffalo

Drane Thinks Babcock is the Devil.

I'm starting to figure out why the Complaint Thread is loaded with a bunch of dudes being depressed about broads......because you think like them.

Either read what I am saying and not try to decipher it like you are On Your Moon ........or have some confidence in your own abilities and don't show up in a drunken 2am stupor because of an inferiority complex.

Thanks for finding the article ROC

You're the only person I find harder to like than myself.