The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Tom Golisaino to Darcy Regier "Break even"

Terry Pegula to Tim Murray "Just get it done"

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Just spoke with Mike Babcock: ``I hope to make a decision by morning, but I’m still very much undecided.''

@RealKyper: Source says #Sabres have not given Babcock a timetable to accept their long term offer to be next head coach. #NHL

Edited by BRAWNDO

Tom Golisaino to Darcy Regier "Break even"

Terry Pegula to Tim Murray "Just get it done"

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Just spoke with Mike Babcock: ``I hope to make a decision by morning, but I’m still very much undecided.''

$50 million and he's "undecided".  He also refers to himself in the third person from time to time.  This cat is a character, that's for sure.

$50 million overall K amount!

LOL.

That's like $6 million per for 6 or 8 years, with $2 to $14 million signing bonus.

Pegula made Babcock an offer he can't refuse.

:w00t:  :worthy:  :beer:

For that kind of money Murray better hope they are REAL good friends. Any power struggle down the road and Murray has no prayer.

That's OK.

Babcock is the more valuable commodity.

LOL.

That's like $6 million per for 6 or 8 years, with $2 to $14 million signing bonus.

That's OK.

All I gotta say is Babcock better damned well give Johnny that part in his upcoming war picture. 

GO SABRES!!!

LOL.

That's OK.

No way Jose

What in the actual hell. I mean, I think he's the best and it's not my money, so I'll be happy if it works, but that is one hefty coaching contract.\

FMV is determined by what the market will bear for a given commodity.

When Bill Gates bought Da Vinci's Leicester Codex for nearly 31 million clams was that too much for a book price?  

Or just right?

$50 million and he's "undecided".  He also refers to himself in the third person from time to time.  This cat is a character, that's for sure.

So was that guy in your avatar! 

"Character" can be good!

:beer:

All I gotta say is Babcock better damned well give Johnny that part in his upcoming war picture. 

GO SABRES!!!

Well played.

:flirt:

FMV is determined by what the market will bear for a given commodity.

When Bill Gates bought Da Vinci's Leicester Codex for nearly 31 million clams was that too much for a book price?

Or just right?

For sure. I know Joel Quenneville's mouth is probably watering for his next contract negotiation.

You don't think so? 

I think so.

By the way, I am a huge Tim Murray fan!  I like the guy A LOT.

You're GM always more important. Did Ken Holland really need Babcock for the 14 years of consecutive playoffs and multiple Cups before Babcock came to Detroit?

Coaches are important, but even the best ones won't do without a good roster. 

Thanks for post count.... I've been on here for a long time, still haven't cracked 5k

I think that Murray needs to be crafty in his delivery tonight, but don't give totally in

No worries I joined right around the same time as Hoss and I am about 7500 posts behind him

For sure. I know Joel Quenneville's mouth is probably watering for his next contract negotiation.

Oh that is entirely possible.  The consequences associated with this deal, should it go through, are an entirely different topic of conversation!

If Babcock comes here for a deal worth $50 Million, I am sure the collective NHL ownership will gasp in equal amounts surprise and anger.

That only makes this dish a bit sweeter as a Sabres fan!

:w00t:

He turned down the first offer over the weekend. This one was enough to make him think again at least.

Are you certain of this? I haven't heard anything about that, but it's entirely possible I missed it. 

You're GM always more important. Did Ken Holland really need Babcock for the 14 years of consecutive playoffs and multiple Cups before Babcock came to Detroit?

Coaches are important, but even the best ones won't do ###### without a good roster. 

Well now you are changing the topic of debate.  I agree the horses are much more important than the guy coaching the horses.

Let me state this: Babcock re-defines the rules governing this sort of thing.  I think that highly of him.

That doesn't mean I am right or that you or anyone else should agree with me.  

Babcock represents the top echelon of NHL hockey and gives the Sabres organization an heir of legitimacy it would not have without him.  Period.  

What is that worth?

Tim Murray doesn't do that, as much as I love the guy!