2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

It's 355 on Directv. I don't do within 50 channels of that station in either direction. And why the ###### is hockey on a news channel anyway. So stupid. I've been stuck watching the worst hockey of my life because the NHL is a joke.

Oh quit. The NHL has its issues, but this isn't one of them. It's awesome that there are games on CNBC because it means there are more hockey games on TV. They have to put it on there because NBC owns the rights to the playoff games... So NBC spreads it to the different channels they own. Has nothing to do with what the NHL can do about it.

Oh quit. The NHL has its issues, but this isn't one of them. It's awesome that there are games on CNBC because it means there are more hockey games on TV. They have to put it on there because NBC owns the rights to the playoff games... So NBC spreads it to the different channels they own. Has nothing to do with what the NHL can do about it.

How about advertise it

How about advertise it

You mean like every other promo that says every playoff game will be shown on the networks of NBC and you can stream every game on NBC.com and every intermission when they dip into other games and say which network they are on?

Not sure how you missed it. There is a lot of things you can say about NBC, lack of self promotion isn't one of 'em. It's actually pretty nauseating.

People said for months Blues will have some tough choices to make this summer because of their salary cap issues, but maybe they'll have even bigger moves then originally thought? Another year and another early exit?? Gotta think Hitchcock is gone and doubt he'll be the only one to take the fall.

The Rangers are so boring. Very good team. But that series was the least exciting of the first round. All 4 Rangers victories were by the 2-1 score, and most of their goals were off scrambles. Just a deadening brand of hockey right now being played by them.

I have the Rangers winning the Cup in my bracket, but I hope the Caps take them down if they advance.

Edited by Thorny

The Rangers are so boring. Very good team. But that series was the least exciting of the first round. All 4 Rangers victories were by the 2-1 score, and most of their goals were off scrambles. Just a deadening brand of hockey right now being played by them.

I have the Rangers winning the Cup in my bracket, but I hope the Caps take them down if they advance.

Def boring, but they sustained some decent pressure tonight.

I'm not so sure the east wins the cup this year, I still think Anaheim is the team to beat

You mean like every other promo that says every playoff game will be shown on the networks of NBC and you can stream every game on NBC.com and every intermission when they dip into other games and say which network they are on?

Not sure how you missed it. There is a lot of things you can say about NBC, lack of self promotion isn't one of 'em. It's actually pretty nauseating.

Hmmmm... Must have been my complete lack of interest in the only series I ever saw.

People said for months Blues will have some tough choices to make this summer because of their salary cap issues, but maybe they'll have even bigger moves then originally thought? Another year and another early exit?? Gotta think Hitchcock is gone and doubt he'll be the only one to take the fall.

If they do indeed lose this series I definitely think Hitchcock is out...

What else? Oshie for Lucic? Maybe they benefit from a guy like O'Reilly.

Do they invest in Jake Allen or do they think they need a legitimate goalie that can carry the load versus the goalie by committee they've been running? This year was the closest they got to getting away from that, but then Allen took over for Elliott down the stretch.

What happens to teams missing their top four defensemen?

So you answered my question with a question... thanks.

What happens to a team that realistically can only role 1.5 lines?  Or a team whose defense core is not what I would call gritty?  What happens to a team that got the best player of a generation and yet still can't seem to do anything other than that one time?  

Trades for guys like Malkin are so hard... If you're Pittsburgh you want a number of very good pieces coming back your way, but who can offer that up? Maybe they can talk to St. Louis about putting together a big package involving wingers and dmen?

Goaltending wasn't the problem this time around. Fleury was strong in this series. Maybe he isn't an issue for them.

Malkin to St. Louis for Oshie, Bouwmeester, Schwartz and a prospect?

Malkin to San Jose for Pavelski and Burns?

Malkin to Colorado for McKinnon and Johnson?

Malkin to Nashville for Shea Weber has been pushed around a bit as pure speculation, but Nashville might ask for them to retain a bit of salary.

Edited by Hoss

The Blues and Wild have been trading off blowing games in this series. It's likely to go all seven.

My favorite series. Some of the games haven't been close, but they've been entertaining. If they don't kill each other either team could make a run.

So you answered my question with a question... thanks.

What happens to a team that realistically can only role 1.5 lines? Or a team whose defense core is not what I would call gritty? What happens to a team that got the best player of a generation and yet still can't seem to do anything other than that one time?

My point was you seemed to be attributing their first round loss to having Malkin rather than 2-3 lesser players in his stead, and I think that's missing the boat this year because of what happened to the blue line.

To answer your questions, I think their top-6 is basically fine. Could use another winger, but with two all world centers it isn't a disaster. The bottom-6 is where I see bugger issues. As to the defense, I don't care about grit--if that top-4 was healthy it's skilled enough to make grit irrelevant. Lastly, winning in this league is hard; I know it sounds like a joke, but I'm serious...I think the cap has done its job and the Pens haven't drafted/developed well enough to compensate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.