Tom Webster Contest 5.0

tom webster

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling pretty confident at this point. :) So many were guessing and almost demanding that McCabe be down on the farm for another year. He went down after game one but came back up for game three and looked very good. We'll see if he sticks for the entire month.

Okay so I'm may have had a few drinks but I won this thing, right? I would be more ecstatic than a kid during his first Christmas if that was the case. I'm assuming my pick is the only one that is near the "credentials."

Also - I mistook a guy at the bar for like three Sabrespacers from the "what the heck do you look like thread?" and he STILL bought me a beer. Thanks for looking like nice people, Sabrespacers.

Goodnight.

• Nolan gets fired — Check
  • So does Cassidy in Rochester — Check
  • Sabres win lottery, take McDavid — so I was feeling optimistic that day
  • Girgorenko traded— Check
  • Murray moves up in the draft to take a defenceman— I meant out. For a goalie. One already under contract
  • Team takes on a big contract from a cap-strapped team — O'Reily counts, right?
  • One promising young goalie acquired via trade — Check
  • Neuvirth re-signed to a modest contract — Something we should have done
  • One mid-roster veteran free agent skater signed — Hi, Cody Franson
  • Hudson Fasching signed, plays with the Amerks — I meant next year
  • A handful of youngish AHLers signed (D'Amigo/Varone types) in bid to rebuild the farm — Hi Akeson, Donovan, Sanguinetti, and Cal O'Reilly
  • Babcock signs the biggest contract ever by an NHL coach — Check (was i supposed to specify what team?)
  • Kaleta is told to look for another NHL job, and that if he doesn't get one he has a job with the organization. — Check
  • Benoit, Meszaros, Strachan, Lindback, Hackett, Dalpe, Sundher, Liewen, Gauthier-Leduc and Samuels-Thomas not offered contracts in low-roster purge — Check
  • Ellis re-signed with the intent of playing him in Rochester — Check
  • Reinhart makes the team — Check

Did better on this than I thought.

Am I still in contention?

Did better on this than I thought.

Am I still in contention?

The contest changed midway because the original winner couldn't take the tickets. It changed to "who will be a surprise to make the team out of camp and be with the team through the first month?"

Okay so I'm may have had a few drinks but I won this thing, right? I would be more ecstatic than a kid during his first Christmas if that was the case. I'm assuming my pick is the only one that is near the "credentials."

Also - I mistook a guy at the bar for like three Sabrespacers from the "what the heck do you look like thread?" and he STILL bought me a beer. Thanks for looking like nice people, Sabrespacers.

Goodnight.

Hoss, does in fact win part two. PM me a list of games you would like and I will try my best to accommodate. Only thing left to see is if McCabe continues strong throughout the year you win playoff tickets and a jersey as well.

Congrats.

Hoss, does in fact win part two. PM me a list of games you would like and I will try my best to accommodate. Only thing left to see is if McCabe continues strong throughout the year you win playoff tickets and a jersey as well.

Congrats.

Now wouldn't that be something?

Since you guys demanded a speech:

I'd like to thank the academy, Jake McCabe and most of all tom Webster for holding this awesome contest. Oh, and my mom. And Obama.

Go Sabres. This is awesome.

Edited by Hoss

• 4 months later...

With Jake McCabe getting signaled out by Tim Murray for his developement this year, I guess I technically owe Hoss playoff tickets and an autographed jersey. Unfortunately he will have to wait at least a year for those tickets.

As for the 6.0 version of the contest. I am open to suggestions on how to make it better. 

Oh lord, that was totally unexpected! I've been meaning to share my experience on here and will do so by the end of the night.

You're a good man Webster (I hope we can at least agree on that!).

... Actually I feel like we've been agreeing on a lot lately.

Oh lord, that was totally unexpected! I've been meaning to share my experience on here and will do so by the end of the night.

You're a good man Webster (I hope we can at least agree on that!).

... Actually I feel like we've been agreeing on a lot lately.

I disagree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.