2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Some big news at practice today as Lehner is back

3 goalies: As practice is ending, Robin Lehner joins Ullmark & Johnson on the ice.

The lines are the same from last game, with McCabe out for maintenance; Ennis is still week-to-week

Edited by WildCard

Did Larsson violate Bylsma's backside to the extent he's benched in favor of Schaller for three games? I get he wasn't playing well, but Schaller is pretty bad.

Not sure, but Larsson seems to be next on my list for whipping boy. Seems to consistently do less than his talent indicates he's capable of. Took 2-1/2 months to find one. New record.

Larsson is done as a Sabre.

Ive always liked his edge and hockey sense and he looked like the player I thought he could be down the stretch last year.

I dismissed Hamilton's harping on his attitude until last night.

Watch the celebration when the players pour off the bench. Larsson is the last man off and seems to almost be sighing and rolling his eyes as he lolls himself over the boards. It was the look of a man who didn't feel part of the team in its victory.

He finally got a start in the third line centre role he is best suited to be playing and even then he was being regularly nailed to the bench as ROR took his spot when his line was out there for draws.

He does not see himself as a role player, yet hasn't been able to cement a role above that, and likely won't given what's ahead of him on the roster. He will not accept another deal like the one he is on this year to play the role he is playing this year. Unless something changes he will sign with a team in Europe where he will be guaranteed a top six role.

Murray needs to trade him or he will be losing him for nothing this summer.

Edited by dudacek

I think your analysis is accurate, unfortunately I don't see a market for him. Maybe closer to the trade deadline, but scouts will see what you have and know that he is a st rental.

He would almost have to be piece in a bigger trade, wouldn't he?

There will be scouts that are fans. And teams where he will be a better fit.

He'll stay with the team he's traded to if he thinks he has the role he wants.

Edited by dudacek

He would almost have to be piece in a bigger trade, wouldn't he?

There will be scouts that are fans. And teams where he will be a better fit.

He'll stay with the team he's traded to if he thinks he has the role he wants.

I could see him being included in a deal like Arma or Compher

Saw this in a tweet earlier:

Sabres point leaders ages are, in order, 24, 21, 19, 24, 19

Obviously the order has changed a bit since you posted it, but after the age thing, to me the most interesting part is that only one of these guys was actually on the team last year (I think it's fair to say that about Reinhart).

Some big news at practice today as Lehner is back

3 goalies: As practice is ending, Robin Lehner joins Ullmark & Johnson on the ice.

The lines are the same from last game, with McCabe out for maintenance; Ennis is still week-to-week

Soon to be followed by the full rehab stint in Rochester.

Obviously the order has changed a bit since you posted it, but after the age thing, to me the most interesting part is that only one of these guys was actually on the team last year (I think it's fair to say that about Reinhart).

Who's the other 19year old? We have Jack Eichel and then?

The Swede that we don't need?

:lol:

Kind of looks that way unfortunately. Kid has skills, just seems unwilling/unable to bring them consistently. Not sure if it's a 2 cent head, getting jerked around under the past staff, disappointment at kids getting "his" ice time, or an unreported injury or some combination of all of the above; but he is not bringing what he should.

Fast (not so) fun fact: only 2 forwards on the current 23 man roster have 0 goals through the Sabres 1st 30 games. 1 of those hasn't played a game yet though he got paid well for a weeklong vacation through western Canada. You can probably guess the other ones name. :censored:

Edited by Taro T

Optional skate this AM after game last night. Handful of participants including O'Reilly & Eichel. Ullmark only goalie. #NJDvsBUF

Coach Bylsma on Lehner: He's been taking more reps on his own, having some good days on the ice. Hopefully his progression continues.

It's possible Tyler Ennis could be back to practice soon, has also been working on his own, Coach Bylsma says.

All it takes is a random fan calling him out on the internet.  Eichel has sure been ###### lately.....

:lol:

Not that this board's discussion of yesterday had any effect, but this reminds me of a time in the mid-80's that Lacombe got crucified in the Snooze's sports page Letters to the Editor. SOB must have read the paper that morning because he scored a pair that night. Probably his only multigoal game ever. :lol:

Now that virtually every one of you has come around to the Sam Reinhart fan club, I want to point out the most amazing thing about his current play: he's having success in a completely different role than he was drafted for.

Those of you who watched Sam as a junior know he was a passing centre who excelled in finding open ice for himself and his teammates. I didn't want him shifted to the wing because his strengths were so obviously those of a centre ice man.

What have we seen as a pro, though is a finishing winger who has had success in front of the net and along the wall. It's not like he developed a killer shot and added 30 pounds of muscle. He just embraced the role that was put in front of him and figured out how to play it well, even without having the ideal skill set for it.

He still has a long way to go, but he just keeps getting more comfortable with the NHL pace and he never stops competing, even though it is with his brain, not his shoulders or his feet. He is icy cool - already the second-smartest guy on the team - and ROR is such a perfect mentor.

I have no doubt Jack will be our first-line centre and marquee player, but Sam will be a first-line centre in his own right, and, more importantly, a winner - Jack might not be Mario, but Sam can be Ronnie Francis.

Unlike Jack, Sam wasn't a slam-dunk for some observers at number two.

But he was for Murray, in fact he was a slam dunk at one.

It's the type of pick where top scouts earn their money.

I love watching this kid play and can't wait for two or three years down the road where he will be rewarding Murray's faith.

Edited by dudacek

Now that virtually every one of you has come around to the Sam Reinhart fan club, I want to point out the most amazing thing about his current play: he's having success in a completely different role than he was drafted for.

Those of you who watched Sam as a junior know he was a passing centre who excelled in finding open ice for himself and his teammates. I didn't want him shifted to the wing because his strengths were so obviously those of a centre ice man.

What have we seen as a pro, though is a finishing winger who has had success in front of the net and along the wall. It's not like he developed a killer shot and added 30 pounds of muscle. He just embraced the role that was put in front of him and figured out how to play it well, even without having the ideal skill set for it.

He still has a long way to go, but he just keeps getting more comfortable with the NHL pace and he never stops competing, even though it is with his brain, not his shoulders or his feet. He is icy cool - already the second-smartest guy on the team - and ROR is such a perfect mentor.

I have no doubt Jack will be our first-line centre and marquee player, but Sam will be a first-line centre in his own right, and, more importantly, a winner - Jack might not be Mario, but Sam can be Ronnie Francis.

Unlike Jack, Sam wasn't a slam-dunk for some observers at number two.

But he was for Murray, in fact he was a slam dunk at one.

It's the type of pick where top scouts earn their money.

I love watching this kid play and can't wait for two or three years down the road where he will be rewarding Murray's faith.

Really well said!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.