2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

They could. I think they may want to open the year with O'Reilly and Girgensons sandwiching Eichel while Reinhart comes in on the wing... In time I think Girgensons goes to wing and Reinhart moves to the middle.

Byslma has said O'Reilly is his number one center, so your first line posted above is probably correct.

We could put together an interesting traditional third line of Girgensons, Larsson and Foligno/McGinn

But I think we're more likely to be matching up a first line of O'Reilly and Kane against the other team's best.

Even though that's not what Bylsma did in Pittsburgh.

All of a sudden the there are so many interesting options.

It will be interesting to see what direction disco Dan takes.

Personally I think Bylsma is smart enough to know he can't just carbon copy what he did in Pittsburgh because Crosby and Malkin were (young) vets, whereas Eichel and Reinhart are rooks. I think there's a good chance we see him deploy a similar strategy in a year or two, just not yet.

They could. I think they may want to open the year with O'Reilly and Girgensons sandwiching Eichel while Reinhart comes in on the wing... In time I think Girgensons goes to wing and Reinhart moves to the middle.

:unsure:

(Sorry, somebody had to)

I can't remember how many countless hours I spent in the last couple years sitting Indian style in the middle of my living room floor with 12 of my favorite Hockey Cards, arranging and rearranging four rows of three each and contemplating all of the infinite possibilities with my Jerry D'amigo, and Zac Dalpe and Porter Flynn, and Flynn Porter and Phil Varone and Matt D'agostini and Zenon Konopka and Ville Leino and Cory Conacher and Luke Adam, etc, trying to mesh playing styles they could feed off each other.

Bondage, self deprecation, do you pour hot wax on yourself? These are the  questions going un-answered after reading your post...

Then I burned up a brain cell and thought SARCASM!

You could have saved a brain cell today if you used the sarcasm emicon..

Give graciously today to the sarcasm emicon fund to help prevent the un-needed destruction of brain cells at sarcasmemicon.org

Where did Mike Weber go?

Seventh D Man

I think I like the idea of Pysyk with Bogo, and then Gorges to help McCabe. Bogo showed more offensive skills than I thought he had. Pysyk and Bogo together could get quick transition passes out, too.

Both are right handed shots, if one could switch sides it would work

Seventh D Man

I've never been the biggest Weber fan but i feel like he's gotten better. He's played over 300 NHL games in his career and I would like to see what he can do with a defensive coach such as Terry Murray and also Dan Bylsma before counting him out. I feel like he may be a guy Bylsma likes to use.

What is fun is finally thinking about a roster with actual NHL caliber players and pondering about which combinations work best.

I've caught myself doing this every 10 minutes or so for the last whatever hours since the trade.

I've been distracted all weekend. Anybody in real life, who didn't already think I was an absent-minded tool, knows it now.

My lines would be

Kane-ROR-Ennis

Moulson-Eichel-Girgensons

Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta

McGinn-Larsson-Deslauriers

UFA-Risto

Gorges-Bogosian

McCabe-Pysyk

Lehner

UFA

man, these are crazy fun line-ups to play around with but just wait for a year or two when Baptiste, Bailey and Fasching are ready to play in NHL!!!! 

man, these are crazy fun line-ups to play around with but just wait for a year or two when Baptiste, Bailey and Fasching are ready to play in NHL!!!! 

One of the WGR guys made a great point over the weekend that the team is finally at a place where they won't have to rush guys to the NHL anymore.  We can give Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, etc., two full years in Rochester to develop before we ever need them to step in.  

Compare that to how we rushed Grigorenko to the NHL right after we drafted him.

In case anybody wanted to see our three new big editions to next year's lineup early Garret Wolowski (follow him on Instagram at garretw or Twitter at @garretw5 or on his website at www.gwolowski.com) does some awesome Buffalo graphics work... Here they are:

KWzotwn.jpg

wuh2e5g.jpg

GLL5yZo.jpg

"Jamie McGinn, on a good team, is a 3rd line right wing." (Makes me think that's why Murray wanted him.)

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/6/28/8858255/buffalo-sabres-trade-analysis-ryan-oreilly-jamie-mcginn-avalanche

Kane - ROR - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Girgensons

Foligno - Reinhart - McGinn

Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

(Sekera) - Bogosian

Gorges - Ristolainen

McCabe - Pysyk

Lehner - Johnson/(Lindback)

That's a playoff caliber squad, without a doubt in my mind.

Or the bottom-6 could be...

Larsson - Reinhart - Gionta

Deslauriers - Foligno - McGinn

Edited by Bob Malooga

In case anybody wanted to see our three new big editions to next year's lineup early Garret Wolowski (follow him on Instagram at garretw or Twitter at @garretw5 or on his website at www.gwolowski.com) does some awesome Buffalo graphics work... Here they are:

KWzotwn.jpg

wuh2e5g.jpg

GLL5yZo.jpg

That's some very impressive work

KWzotwn.jpg

wuh2e5g.jpg

GLL5yZo.jpg

Nice. I like the fact 2 of the 3 are sporting their playoff beards. And Eich, well Eichs got some fuzz.

well after listening to Bylsma and Murray I am guessing this

Kane - ROR - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Zemgus

Foligno - Larsson - Reinhart/Gionta

Deslauriers - McCormick - TBD

Sounds like Reinhart will be broken in at RW and that he may also spend some time in Rochester depending on how physically ready for the NHL he is.  He still projects our to be a very good NHL center but at 19 is sounds like Bylsma is going to bring him along slowly.  The real issue I see is Gionta getting bumped due to other options but as he is the only true RW we have, he should see decent ice time.  Cody Hodgson doesn't make this roster.  I can't see a way for Cody to dig out of the Murray hole.  Outside of that I think you could see Zemgus and Eichel splitting time as #2 center but by New Years, this team will actually start settling into how it will look for the next 3-5 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.