The next 8 days are the most important 8 days of the year for this team...

matter2003

If he isn't healthy he won't be coming back, but if he is able to come back it means he is healthy enough to do it And I doubt he would rush things and play if he didn't feel healthy enough to do it.

But maybe the front office hasn't told him about McEichel getting to Centre one of the lines yet? Who wouldn't get excited to find out that they aren't good enough to win until they get an 18 year old with no problems experience to come in and make them all better.......

These posts are ridiculous.  They read like you think the Sabres don't understand anything about what's happening to the franchise right now.

And after the terrible talent we've had on the team the past two years, players are chomping at the bit to play with anybody talented, who cares if they're young?

If he isn't healthy he won't be coming back, but if he is able to come back it means he is healthy enough to do it And I doubt he would rush things and play if he didn't feel healthy enough to do it.

But maybe the front office hasn't told him about McEichel getting to Centre one of the lines yet? Who wouldn't get excited to find out that they aren't good enough to win until they get an 18 year old with no problems experience to come in and make them all better.......

Do you remember when Derek Roy rushed back from an injury during the playoffs and played before he was really ready because the team was desperate. How many players used to come back before they were really clear of a concussion and risked recurring symptoms. That's what happens when you allow a player to come back when they think they are ready. My point is, there is a window between when a player thinks there ready and when they are actually ready. Any player is going to want to be on the ice. Do you cut bait and tell Bogo he is done for the year so he doesn't come back early -- I think that play should be made by GMTM.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I've been watching the Coyotes for the past 3 months, just about every single game.    There is no explanation for the bonehead decisions they're making over the past month when presented with absolutely glorious scoring chances.   Passes directly to the other team, but most notably shooting wide on 9 out of 10 point blank opportunities.    Even guys like Erat and Gagner are blowing prime scoring chances.

Or as in the game last night, having a 3 on 1 and not getting a shot off, turning it over and having a 2 on 1 the other way. I thought I was seeing things. They make dumb disinteretsd plays constantly.

you really think pro athletes who have been playing a game their whole lives at the top level want to lose because some young kid might get drafted and make them better? You think ennis is sitting at home thinking "man, if mceichel, a young kid comes here with zero NHL experience, he is going to make me such a better player....."

yeah, cause that wouldn't cause an uproar from the NHL players association, management putting healthy players on IR to give the team a better chance at losing

If you were Ennis, Moulson, Gionta (insert other veteran who is staying here), would you say to yourself, "I sure would like to play with Sidney Crosby."  

Sure you would.  

Here is their chance.  All they have to do is whatever it takes to stay in 30th place and they get to play with the Next One.  

Who ever heard of Pascal Dupuis until he played with Crosby?

It's human nature to want to win, but it's also human nature to want to play with someone of that ilk.  It's right in front of them, they just have to go get it.

Edited by BuffalOhio

Your example is a completely different situation where playoffs are involved. I'm not disagreeing that a player in the playoffs might come back not 100%, but when has that happened to a player on a non playoff team who isn't looking for a new contract? Bogosian has no reason to come back if he doesn't think he is ready and healthy enough

And people here need to stop acting like they are actually concerned about his health or safety, this is all about everyone being afraid of the precious tank

If you were Ennis, Moulson, Gionta (insert other veteran who is staying here), would you say to yourself, "I sure would like to play with Sidney Crosby."  

Sure you would.  

Here is their chance.  All they have to do is whatever it takes to stay in 30th place and they get to play with the Next One.  

Who ever heard of Pascal Dupuis until he played with Crosby?

It's human nature to want to win, but it's also human nature to want to play with someone of that ilk.  It's right in front of them, they just have to go get it.

crosby now, sure, he has playing experience now in the NHL is I'd a veteran, not some 18 year old kid with no NHL experience who may be as good as crosby.

crosby now, sure, he has playing experience now in the NHL is I'd a veteran, not some 18 year old kid with no NHL experience who may be as good as crosby.

Because kids at the top of the draft never come into the NHL and start contributing right away.  <_<

Nobody except for maybe Ted Nolan would ever care that Eichel or McDavid didn't have any "NHL experience."

The most important in the entire history of franchise, you meant to say.

Or perhaps, the most important in the history of mankind, even better.

The next 8 days will determine whether we will be the very best ever, or the very worst of all time.

The next 8 days will determine whether your children will want to live in Buffalo, or want to join ISIS.

If we lose the Arizona, what glory will befall us, Eichel for certain.  We'll never have to work a day again in our lives.

But if we win to Arizona, the heavens will darken, the marauders will enter our city, slay our children, rape our women, and cut off our mens balls, and gouge their eyes out.

That is the true importance of these next 8 days, without any undue exaggeration.

The most important in the entire history of franchise, you meant to say.

Or perhaps, the most important in the history of mankind, even better.

The next 8 days will determine whether we will be the very best ever, or the very worst of all time.

The next 8 days will determine whether your children will want to live in Buffalo, or want to join ISIS.

If we lose the Arizona, what glory will befall us, Eichel for certain. We'll never have to work a day again in our lives.

But if we win to Arizona, the heavens will darken, the marauders will enter our city, slay our children, rape our women, and cut off our mens balls, and gouge their eyes out.

That is the true importance of these next 8 days, without any undue exaggeration.

You forgot the raining frogs and locusts. It's in the bible, I think the front.

you really think pro athletes who have been playing a game their whole lives at the top level want to lose because some young kid might get drafted and make them better? You think ennis is sitting at home thinking "man, if mceichel, a young kid comes here with zero NHL experience, he is going to make me such a better player....."

yeah, cause that wouldn't cause an uproar from the NHL players association, management putting healthy players on IR to give the team a better chance at losing

Ask Martin Hanzal and Mikkel Boedker.

Inkoslav Manilov, on 23 Mar 2015 - 6:42 PM, said:snapback.png

Ask yourself, if your organization was going to bring a young stud in to do your job, how you would feel.

Of course if you're Alexander Ovechkin, you're happy, but I don't see any Ovechkins here.

Do they give me a $5 million dollar check and tell me to cash it after the Draft?

Do they give me a $5 million dollar check and tell me to cash it after the Draft?

No.  They do not.

In my job, I am trying to advance.  There is a clear pecking order.  I try hard to get ahead.

If word spread that the company was doing all it could to find a youngster that was better than me, I would feel threatened.

Not only would I feel threatened, but my job would actually be threatened.

It would make me try harder, make me look to other organizations, and make me resentful of my employer.

In this game, I think, the only losers are the ones who lose.

The Sabres 3/23/15 as constitutes the players and coaches (whom we used to identify as the heroes of the story) have nothing to gain by losing.  Therefore, I cheer those heroes.  I even cheer those anti-heroes.

Assuming AZ will do all they can to lose the best thing is push for OT. That way each teams gets a point. Even if we sweep the 'Yotes they only gain two points.

The robot is smart.  He is the type of smart, were he human, that couldn't be trusted, were one trying to tank to all hell.

But he's a robot, so there isn't that possibility.

There isn't the possibility that he is a double agent, for examle, like how Tim Murray's actions benefit Ottawa, or some such.

Your example is a completely different situation where playoffs are involved. I'm not disagreeing that a player in the playoffs might come back not 100%, but when has that happened to a player on a non playoff team who isn't looking for a new contract? Bogosian has no reason to come back if he doesn't think he is ready and healthy enough

And people here need to stop acting like they are actually concerned about his health or safety, this is all about everyone being afraid of the precious tank

Does anybody believe that Gonchar signs in Pittsburgh w/out a rookie Crosby pencilled into the lineup?

Does anybody believe that Gonchar signs in Pittsburgh w/out a rookie Crosby pencilled into the lineup?

Does anybody believe that something that did happen, didn't happen?  

Gonchar signed in Pittsburgh.  Lots of stuff could have motivated him.

You are saying that the sole reason was Crosby.  

Or are you saying, less bombastically, that Crosby was a minor factor.

Are you saying simply, that Crosby was a minor factor, or are you saying that Crosby was the main factor?  

Polemics.

Thank goodness Arizona beat Detroit yesterday to give us a little breathing room even if we beat them tomorrow...that would have been a near disaster...having them close to within 1 point of us...

As it stands, they can move clear of us by 7 points with a win against us in regulation, which would just about seal the deal in regards to us finishing in last...

Edited by matter2003

Every free agent signs with Pittsburgh. And a "generational talent" is essential to winning a Cup. That's why the Pens have won so many Cups with Crosby. :angel:

I didn't say generational talents are essential to winning Cups. What I did say is they are attractive pieces to a team, because they make players around them better, and so FA will likely want to play with them. Garnering interest and signing the right players isn't the same thing, don't try and lay the woes of the Pens "failures" at Crosby's feet Edited by WildComrade

Does anybody believe that something that did happen, didn't happen?  

Gonchar signed in Pittsburgh.  Lots of stuff could have motivated him.

You are saying that the sole reason was Crosby.  

Or are you saying, less bombastically, that Crosby was a minor factor.

Are you saying simply, that Crosby was a minor factor, or are you saying that Crosby was the main factor?  

Polemics.

Anna, being the woman you claim to be, you should know that #1 IT'S THE MONEY and #2 its the allure of something better (Crosby) than what you had before.

It is up for debate, because they are just theoretical right now.

Don't hand me that Baloney, I want Wardynski's.....

Are you telling us that there is more to coming to Buffalo than MONEY or the allure of winning.

Too much snow, State taxes, that's why players come to Buffalo??? We'll have money to spend and they'll be able to sell the opportunity of getting on the ground floor of playing with a possible generational player. Not too much to ask.

Anna, being the woman you claim to be, you should know that #1 IT'S THE MONEY and #2 its the allure of something better (Crosby) than what you had before.

Don't hand me that Baloney, I want Wardynski's.....

Are you telling us that there is more to coming to Buffalo than MONEY or the allure of winning.

Too much snow, State taxes, that's why players come to Buffalo??? We'll have money to spend and they'll be able to sell the opportunity of getting on the ground floor of playing with a possible generational player. Not too much to ask.

Not for nothing, but lately with the addition of stable ownership, quite a few free agents have been interested in Buffalo because of the close proximity to Ontario, where many players grew up and have family.

It isn't always about the money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.