The next 8 days are the most important 8 days of the year for this team...

matter2003

We face Arizona twice in the span of a few days.  This will likely play a large role in determining who wins the McEichel sweepstakes...

Best case scenario is we lost both in regulation,  worst case scenario we win both in regulation.   A split would preserve our 3 point cushion, A split with us winning our game in OT and us losing in regulation would extend our lead to 4 points...similarly a loss by us in OT and a win in regulation would reduce our lead to 2 points...

Praying for the best case scenario in which it will pretty much be over, with Edmonton holding a 6 point lead and Arizona having a 7 point lead at that point...

Edited by matter2003

We will lose one of two and Damigo, Ellis et al will see there NHL futures begin to fade and rip off 3 straight for old times sake. I have watched the last 7 Yotes games andnthere is no explanation for the boneheaded plays they make. They are seldom woefully outclassed talentwise. They strangely shoot themselves in the foot at inopportune times. I think we will play to win and will do so. Not liking it,but I see what I see.

We will lose one of two and Damigo, Ellis et al will see there NHL futures begin to fade and rip off 3 straight for old times sake. I have watched the last 7 Yotes games andnthere is no explanation for the boneheaded plays they make. They are seldom woefully outclassed talentwise. They strangely shoot themselves in the foot at inopportune times. I think we will play to win and will do so. Not liking it,but I see what I see.

What you are suggesting is that they are throwing games. I don't believe it's the case, otherwise the NHL should investigate.

Everything is going as planned for Bettman. The Yotes are Garys baby in the desert. The best possible outcome for Bettman is playing out. Buffalo takes both games. We play hard which is all you can ask of a team regardless of the lack of talent. I suppose we need the hockey Gawds to do the rest for us and have us win the lottery. Not feeling too good about the odds. 

What we do or don't do as fans makes no difference, the GM's will not meddle, and the players and coaches of both teams will be playing to win.  Let the chips fall where they may and if the Coyotes edge us for 30th then all you can do is tip your cap to them for out tanking us with an epic late season run and hope that lady luck smiles on us or the Coyotes in the lottery.

What you are suggesting is that they are throwing games. I don't believe it's the case, otherwise the NHL should investigate.

I think they have stopped caring, and are resigned to a lost season.  The mental sharpness is not there.  I do not subscribe to players throwing games, it is not in there best interest to help the club draft their replacement.  

Ennis, Moulson, and Foligno are part of the future. They know what is at stake and what is going on. Comes down to one of them in a shootout. Think they shoot wide or hit the goalie in the chest on purpose?

The retreads will try to score. I just wonder what a guy who knows he is locked in for awhile would do.

Edited by sicknfla

Ennis, Moulson, and Foligno are part of the future. They know what is at stake and what is going on. Comes down to one of them in a shootout. Think they shoot wide or hit the goalie in the chest on purpose?

The retreads will try to score. I just wonder what a guy who knows he is locked in for awhile would do.

Ennis scored a filthy shootout goal against Boston.  Then Gionta did a tank-lose-the-puck move.

Try to score because it's, ya know, what they do.

I think they have stopped caring, and are resigned to a lost season.  The mental sharpness is not there.  I do not subscribe to players throwing games, it is not in there best interest to help the club draft their replacement.  

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I've been watching the Coyotes for the past 3 months, just about every single game.    There is no explanation for the bonehead decisions they're making over the past month when presented with absolutely glorious scoring chances.   Passes directly to the other team, but most notably shooting wide on 9 out of 10 point blank opportunities.    Even guys like Erat and Gagner are blowing prime scoring chances. 

I am a season ticket holder but haven't been going to games because it's not worth it. The product on the ice sucks. And, I haven't really picked it up on television, but is there a vocal crowd at the Arena that is rooting for a tank? I would not expect a major involvement from the fans, but with only 10 games to go and 2 against Arizona, the difference maker between 29 and 30 is essentially down to those two games. The fans might be a little more vocal, particularly at home against Arizona. I wonder if there will be boos heard if the Sabres take a lead against Arizona. As much as I am pro-tank, I hope not because I think it would only agitate the team. Maybe there is some sort of reverse-psychology that could rile up the Coyotes?

Our best players (cough cough) who will surely be on the team next year should be the ones loafing the most.  They gain nothing at all by trying so hard to win.  Could you imagine Moulson and Ennis with Eichel in the middle as a second line?  Do you not think each of them has thought about that?  They should WANT to lose so they get the opportunity to play with one of those two studs.

Our best players (cough cough) who will surely be on the team next year should be the ones loafing the most.  They gain nothing at all by trying so hard to win.  Could you imagine Moulson and Ennis with Eichel in the middle as a second line?  Do you not think each of them has thought about that?  They should WANT to lose so they get the opportunity to play with one of those two studs.

you really think pro athletes who have been playing a game their whole lives at the top level want to lose because some young kid might get drafted and make them better? You think ennis is sitting at home thinking "man, if mceichel, a young kid comes here with zero NHL experience, he is going to make me such a better player....."

I cannot believe Bogosian might come back from injury to play again this year. Wouldn't Murray have the ability to place him on IR and shelf him for the rest of the season? Murray would be able to do that without outright telling Nolan who to play. That would be my first move as GMTM.

yeah, cause that wouldn't cause an uproar from the NHL players association, management putting healthy players on IR to give the team a better chance at losing

you really think pro athletes who have been playing a game their whole lives at the top level want to lose because some young kid might get drafted and make them better? You think ennis is sitting at home thinking "man, if mceichel, a young kid comes here with zero NHL experience, he is going to make me such a better player....."

I guarantee Ennis is excited by the prospect of being centered by Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel.  

Who said he's healthy? He has a lower body injury? Does the team need him to make a playoff run? There is nothing to gain in "rushing" someone back from an injury to get them less than 3 weeks of games (10 total) in a meaningless season. Make the decision easy for Bogosian. Players want to get back on the ice ASAP. Why chance him rushing back too soon and harming himself, perhaps requiring surgery. Then he's unable to train in the off-season and he misses the start of next year because he is not properly conditioned or healed. I think a case can be made for it, but thank you for being condescending. 

If he isn't healthy he won't be coming back, but if he is able to come back it means he is healthy enough to do it And I doubt he would rush things and play if he didn't feel healthy enough to do it.

But maybe the front office hasn't told him about McEichel getting to Centre one of the lines yet? Who wouldn't get excited to find out that they aren't good enough to win until they get an 18 year old with no problems experience to come in and make them all better.......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.