GDT: Buffalo @ Bahston, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN

WildCard

Seriously dude, give it a break.

No dude. You give it a break. Some of you guys have a penchant for trying to gang up on people on here. Even when debating something as cut and dry as this.

You watching the Edmonton score tonight? You hoping they win? Why?????? Same reason I hope we lose. So no DUDE, I won't give it a break.

No dude. You give it a break. Some of you guys have a penchant for trying to gang up on people on here. Even when debating something as cut and dry as this.

You watching the Edmonton score tonight? You hoping they win? Why?????? Same reason I hope we lose. So no DUDE, I won't give it a break.

Need I remind you, you were the one that went after anybody calling it a tank crowd. Don't go throwing grenades and blaming somebody else for pulling the pin. 

Nevermind, I'll just use the ignore feature. Never thought I'd have to do that around here. Nobody needs to read this nonsense. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

It isn't that people are ganging up on you; it's that you've become insufferable. We're all dealing with this season in different ways. It seems you've taken to jumping all over anyone who isn't all in on the tank. You've lashed out again and again at lots of people, then you play the martyr when they try to respond you and you accuse us of ganging up on you.

Get over yourself.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Need I remind you, you were the one that went after anybody calling it a tank crowd. Don't go throwing grenades and blaming somebody else for pulling the pin.

Nevermind, I'll just use the ignore feature. Never thought I'd have to do that around here. Nobody needs to read this nonsense.

Some of you guys just aren't happy unless your fighting with someone. If I am your chosen one right now then have at it. Tomorrow it will be someone else for you. So yes please ignore me. I will be better for it.

losing on purpose, and justifying it by saying that the Bills did it to get OJ as justification, really, how many Super Bowls did the Bills play in or win with that tactic, if the Bills indeed did that, than any respect I have had for the Bills organization over the years  will be withdrawn  

It isn't that people are ganging up on you; it's that you've become insufferable. We're all dealing with this season in different ways. It seems you've taken to jumping all over anyone who isn't all in on the tank. You've lashed out again and again at lots of people, then you play the martyr when they try to respond you and you accuse us of ganging up on you.

Get over yourself.

I just find it very amusing how some of you talk out of both sides of your ass. Depending on what thread you are in or who is your running mate in a disagreement is what you decide to go with.

I simply stated I want to lose. Some of you stated you wanted to win. That was it. How is that insufferable? I don't recall lashing out at anyone. If I did it was no worse than the non-tankers have done to others. So whatever man. I am over this. I think Naulter has the right idea. Just isn't worth all the bickering and little clicks anymore.

How is that insufferable?

It's insufferable in that you get so wrapped around the axle that anyone can be happy about a Sabres win against the Bruins.

We all want McEichel, sure. But whether we enjoy the rare win or not has no effect on whether the Sabres finish 30th. There is simply no cause-effect linkage between me enjoying a Sabres win and whether they get McEichel. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.

That account is fantastic; thanks for sharing it. And it led me to this one:  

KimKierkegaardashian

@KimKierkegaard

The philosophy of Søren Kierkegaard mashed with the tweets and observations of Kim Kardashian.

Yes, Nihilist Arby’s is a gem of the Interwebs. All the better because we’re all a fan of roast beef ‘n cheddars and horsey sauce. And we don’t care that horsey sauce is liquid death.

Thanks for seeing Nihilist Arbys and raising KimKierkegaardashian. This feed is fantastic.

For the record – I want us to complete this tank and guarante-Eichel.

But McEichel or not, I’ve seen a lot of things to be hopeful this season from the young guys. (In the midday game @SJ Reinhart expertly pinched a puck-carrier out along the boards. It wasn’t a hit; it wasn’t mean. Instead it was an effortless, perfect positioning play to rub someone out and get the puck back.) I saw several good moments in the Boston game. The future is a few years away, but it is bright.

I think the most disheartening part of this season is that I find myself not watching the entire team. I don’t care about 1/3 of the roster. I’m just watching the efforts and skills of a handful of individual players. I don’t think I’ve ever rooted for any of my sports teams’ individuals moreso than the team itself. It’s an odd disconnect.

And watching the Ducks-Kings game --- we could still have the Kings #2, #3, and #4 defensemen on our roster. It’s the age-old question of futures vs. now. Both approaches are entertaining, but only one is immediately gratifying. The optimistic side says: sports are supposed to be entertaining and nothing more. The nihilist side says: nothing more, like that roast beef sandwich.

And Ducks win. So much for our ex-defense.

I can remember the Bills tanking for OJ Simpson.  Nobody gave a ###### when he was the biggest star in the league and the hero of my childhood.  That was 1968 when that happened.  Thank you, Ed Rutkowski! 

This is the myopia I mentioned.

And, these two are not going to bust.

I disagree that they tanked for OJ. '68 was the year of the disaster QB as 4, count 'em 4, QBs were lost due to injury and we had to resort to playing Ed Rutkowski as our disaster QB. We earned every inch of that 1-12-1 season. 

I disagree that they tanked for OJ. '68 was the year of the disaster QB as 4, count 'em 4, QBs were lost due to injury and we had to resort to playing Ed Rutkowski as our disaster QB. We earned every inch of that 1-12-1 season. 

Well, I was only 6, and it was my first year of being a Bills fan, but I remember exactly where I was watching that Raiders game.  And, my dad, aunt, and uncle, as well as me - were shocked they were beating the mighty Raiders but wanted them to lose.  And, Ed came through when it mattered.

Everybody wanted OJ.  And, a lot of people think that fumble was on purpose..............I read recently that it was a tank - but I think you're probably right.  They just lost when they had to.  In fact, we could use Harvey Johnson right now!  He came through with two #1 picks. 

I don't watch Edmonton games. I don't give a ###### about Edmonton. Besides, aren't they the team that has had all those #1 picks and gotten jack ###### out of it?

Yes Edm is terrible but it has slightly less to do with their 1st round picks (which I personally think are questionable) and more to do with their complete inability to draft outside of the 1st round.  

I bet you that I (we) have enjoyed and been entertained by more games this season than fans who actually want them to win (20-43-7, 'nuff said.)  I simply cheer for the opposing players as though they are playing for the Sabres, because in a very real sense, they are.  It's really not that hard (OK, cheering for Marchand last night was tough), since players change on teams all of the time.  It's like Bizarro-Sabres this year.  I've only not enjoyed this season when they had there win streak, when Neuvirth was picking up points and the last two days (last night especially.)

In fact, I am even more convinced that if the Sabres end up 29th, then they will not get the top pick (it's only a 13.5% chance, which is even worse than the slim 20% chance if they finish 30th.)  Tanking would be far less attractive of an option if McDavid were sitting alone.  Were that the case, then no spot would give them even a good chance of getting a true elite player (1 in 5, at best).  The key is Eichel.  He is also considered a generational or near-generational player, just a hair below McDavid.  The 80% chance that you get him when you finish 30th versus the 20% when you finish 29th is far more important than the 20% versus 13.5% for McDavid.  I consider it a race for Eichel with a bonus shot for McDavid.

Well played.  But you just gotta be that guy that says we aren't going to win the last spot.  Sigh.. :)

Some of you guys just aren't happy unless your fighting with someone. If I am your chosen one right now then have at it. Tomorrow it will be someone else for you. So yes please ignore me. I will be better for it.

devon-mirror-100961296.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.