SabreSpace responds to trade deadline deals

Doohickie

Any one of us could have gotten what Murray got today. He didn't have a good day.

I agree, but the big picture is not what he got, but what he didn't get. And that is stuck with players that would impact the tank in negative manner. He had to get something. I think Stewart was a bad deal, but I think we are placing too much value on the rest of our roster. Neuvirth for a 3rd seems fair. He wasn't elite. He had a decent run for us, but at the end of the day, that was probably right.

We've reached the bottom floor of the rebuild.    They don't really have any assets (other than prospects) to trade for any value in return.

It's onward and upward from here.   A rebuild done the right way, I, for one, will enjoy the ride.   

We've reached the bottom floor of the rebuild.    They don't really have any assets (other than prospects) to trade for any value in return.

It's onward and upward from here.   A rebuild done the right way, I, for one, will enjoy the ride.   

This is it. The Sabres have truly bottomed-out.

Just because what he got what was expected out of flynn, mitchell, stewart, and neuvirth doesn't mean he had a bad day.  Where is the logic in that?

To have a good day you have to win a brian flynn trade or something?

I'm with you, isn't having a Brian Flynn trade a win?

Okay. If the goal was to hit the cellar, then mission accomplished.  But we didn't get back anything close to what Stewart was worth. Not a big deal, I guess, but don't fart and tell me it's roses.

quit running from thread to thread and write down exactly what each of these guys was worth.

And what will that prove? I know how things roll here. 

Yes - it would require you actually commit to something which would be subject to debate and scrutiny and analysis based on facts and history and comparables.  Its much easier to make gross generalizations of opinion and make fun of people who don't agree with you.

But that's how you roll.

Any one of us could have gotten what Murray got today. He didn't have a good day.

And any one of us could've built a team as bad as the one Darcy put together from the summer of 2008 until the day he got canned.  He didn't have a good 5 years.

I like Promo.  You make a good point.

Let us just say that today did not exceed expectations.

Nor will next season?

Nor the season after that?

We shall see.  I am content.

How about these bandwagon tankers?

Not so content it seems.

They must be missing something.  (INTEGRITY, TEE HEE!)

And what will that prove? I know how things roll here. 

Stop whining and put your analysis down for people to read and respond. "Darcy would have gotten more..." is neither analysis nor even remotely interesting. You didn't even bother to say how he would have gotten that, only that he "would have".

Of course, Darcy had a reputation for overvaluing his players and not making early trades until the market was set. So, logically it follows that the previous GM who overvalued his players and waited for the market would have gotten more than the Tim Murray who is being criticized for overvaluing his player and waiting too long. Or maybe Tim just didn't say please when asking for his 1st rounder?

We are all awaiting your details on what the true value was for these players, who the trading partners were and why they coveted our UFAs.

Stop whining and put your analysis down for people to read and respond. "Darcy would have gotten more..." is neither analysis nor even remotely interesting. You didn't even bother to say how he would have gotten that, only that he "would have".

Of course, Darcy had a reputation for overvaluing his players and not making early trades until the market was set. So, logically it follows that the previous GM who overvalued his players and waited for the market would have gotten more than the Tim Murray who is being criticized for overvaluing his player and waiting too long. Or maybe Tim just didn't say please when asking for his 1st rounder?

We are all awaiting your details on what the true value was for these players, who the trading partners were and why they coveted our UFAs.

Are you saying Murray got more than was expected?  That it was piece for piece a good transaction?

No one is arguing whether he made the team worse for tank.  Of course team is worse. 

To me it seems you are stifling discussion about details of trade.  

Are you saying Murray got more than was expected?  That it was piece for piece a good transaction?

No one is arguing whether he made the team worse for tank.  Of course team is worse. 

To me it seems you are stifling discussion about details of trade.  

Yes, asking for someone to write a post explaining himself is stifling discussion. That's exactly what it is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.