Pysyk collapsed during pick up Basketball game

Brawndo

No cause for the collapse determined, but he could play again late next week:

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/johan-larsson-impressing-as-sabres-no-1-center/

Sabres prospect Mark Pysyk, who was briefly hospitalized Feb. 28 after collapsing during a pickup basketball game in Rochester, skated with the Amerks on Wednesday.

Despite a battery of tests, the cause hasn’t been determined, according to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

“All the testing I’ve done since it happened, they didn’t find anything,” Pysyk told the paper. “So there’s nothing to really worry about now, I don’t think.”

The 23-year-old will be able to participate in a full-contact practice next week, according to the paper. He could play again March 20.

A little worrisome but not overly so, at least not yet.  It could be some kind of virus that just takes a while to work through the system.

Or it could be anxiety.  Or a real cardiac thing.  We don't know (insert number signs for a four-letter word).

Or it could be anxiety.  Or a real cardiac thing.  We don't know (insert number signs for a four-letter word).

I doubt it's a cardiac thing since they checked him out right after it happened.  But you're right; all the possibilities need to be checked.  Anxiety is a real possibility.  My wife once got taken to the hospital with chest pains and that's what it turned out to be.... that and a touch of asthma.

Anxiety about what? That Murray might re-sign Beano and Mess and he'll miss his entire prime stuck in Ra-cha-cha because 2 guys that belong in the Swiss league are entrenched ahead of him?

Anxiety, or some psychiatric aspect, is within the realm of possibility.

I still think it more likely that this is part of some larger viral syndrome. Of course, what do I know.

What I do know: I'd have docs outside of WNY treating the guy. No slag on Buffalo or Rochester docs, but, if it's something unusual, you want major market physicians on the job.

Anxiety, or some psychiatric aspect, is within the realm of possibility.

I still think it more likely that this is part of some larger viral syndrome. Of course, what do I know.

What I do know: I'd have docs outside of WNY treating the guy. No slag on Buffalo or Rochester docs, but, if it's something unusual, you want major market physicians on the job.

Let's crowd source someone else's health crisis! I was thinking viral, too. You spike a fever and a seizure can result. The immune system has fought something off but the body is still worn down from the fight, even for a professional athlete. Feeling a little off after demanding workouts with the team wouldn't be surprising. But I need to know more about that gym. Aud, you get over to the joint. Look behind the lockers.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.