What would you do, right now, as owner?

SabresFanInRochester

I'd probably want to cry.

This is really the ONLY times the Sabres get a chance to do this.  With the fact that they should start to get better and with the changes to the draft lottery next year.. this may be it... EVER. There is likely to be no other chance in any of our lifetimes to 'carry through' on something with only 20 games left and ASSURE yourself of a franchise player.

Should the Sabres blow this...they still can (and probably will be) a good team for a while....but for many fans....this will ALWAYS linger.

20 games left.  Do WHATEVER it takes.  Anything.  And there won't be any bad long lasting effects if you do.  The Patriots cheated in the NFL, but over the last 5 years for everytime someone complains they cheated, 20 or more people say how great they are.  And Pittsburgh..forget about Crosby....go back to the Lemieux draft...that was one of the most historic intentional tank jobs EVER...and you maybe here that 1 time for every 1000 or MORE times you hear how great those teams were or how great Lemieux was a a Penguin.

The biggest slap in the face if they don't draft 1st or second will be to the people who maybe weren't 100% on board with this 'tank' thing, but now that they have come this far, they have bought in...saying the 2-3 years might as well be worth SOMETHING.

I would laugh my butt off counting my money as the sheep sit there and enjoy the crap that I allowed to be put on the ice in the arena I own because theres at best a 20% chance of getting a really good player.

Then I would call up other owners in the league and laugh some more as I can't believe people are still paying money for this..........

This is awesome  :worthy:

I second that.

I would laugh my butt off counting my money as the sheep sit there and enjoy the crap that I allowed to be put on the ice in the arena I own because theres at best a 20% chance of getting a really good player.

Then I would call up other owners in the league and laugh some more as I can't believe people are still paying money for this..........

Very true. But imagine how many more jerseys you could sell when the name is McDavid versus Mitchell, or Eichel instead of Varone.

Well, there's a 100% chance of getting a great player, with a very small chance that player will be a bust. Better than picking 10th where a bust is probably a 40% chance.

Ted Nolan doesn't have a desk. Terry Pegula has a desk that he lets Ted Nolan use.  Terry'd really be pooping on his own desk which come to think of it is a pretty Alpha statement. Fire away Terry.

It's a new day fellas.  The Sabres are going to keep winning and we're all going to freak out when we finish 3rd worst. Then we're going to win the mofo lottery and I'm going to smile watching this entire board get butt ass nekkid.giphy.gif

:beer: +1 Great for a Friday night. 

Most things mentioned require sabotaging the Sabres chance at winning. We could get creative and find ways to ensure Edmonton and Arizona start winning. Sure, the easy way would be to sabotage their opponents, but how could you entice a band a misfits that they should win? Oh yea, ask the misfits on the current Sabres roster.

Most things mentioned require sabotaging the Sabres chance at winning. We could get creative and find ways to ensure Edmonton and Arizona start winning. Sure, the easy way would be to sabotage their opponents, but how could you entice a band a misfits that they should win? Oh yea, ask the misfits on the current Sabres roster.

Have the coach remind them that they need to start playing good enough to get traded.... It's all down hill from there.

Well, there's a 100% chance of getting a great player, with a very small chance that player will be a bust. Better than picking 10th where a bust is probably a 40% chance.

Yeah, clearly apus hasn't heard how good Jack Eichel is.  If McDavid weren't ahead of him being referred to as the next Crosby, Eichel would be the coveted prize touted as (arguably) the best prospect since Crosby.  You finish last, there's 100% chance that you get a projected generational player.  The problem is if you finish 29th, then it's 13.5% chance of McDavid and 20% chance of Eichel (basically, 1 in 3 chance of a potentially generational player), with the other 2/3 dropping you to a very good, probably top-pairing, some chance of franchise, defenseman in Noah Hanifin.  Finish 28th (hopefully, the worst case scenario at this point), it's 11.5% McDavid, 0% Eichel, 33.5% Hanifin and 55% your choice of one of three very good (but likely not elite) forward prospect (Marner, Strome, Crouse) or a similarly-billed defense prospect (Provorov).

Edited by carpandean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.