Josh Gorges - Season Ending Surgery

LGR4GM

Helps the tank. We can't do anything but hope for 30th now.

Increases ice time for Ben-Wa's Mess, which could step up their trade value (5th rounder instead of 6th). wow!

May cause Pysyk and or McCabe to get some NHL ice time and $$.

Bogo is gonna carry a lot from here on out, more ice time than ever in his career.

Gorges could form a shutdown pair with Bogo next year or they could each pair with a young'un and mentor.

In his first full season he did what fans wanted to see out of him and that was bring his physical nature to the Sabres.  He did that leading the team in blocks and being a true professional in the locker room and out.  If there is a guy you need to handcuff to Zaddy, its' Gorges for the rest of the season.  Get cleaned up, 2015 will be a much different ride. 

I really don't understand all the secrecy around the injuries this year.  Yeah, if they're still playing through it, or it's the playoffs, etc, by all means be vague, but if they're done for the year?  What's the harm in making that information available?

Edited by biodork

I really don't understand all the secrecy around the injuries this year.  Yeah, if they're still playing through it, or it's the playoffs, etc, by all means be vague, but if they're done for the year?  What's the harm in making that information available?

If it was the playoffs and we were in them, I'm guessing they would all still be playing.

2 theories: cynical one 1st: they don't want to admit that they are letting guys get surgery in season for items that players typically play through and then get repaired in the off-season. If they never admit what the injury is, they can't look bad.

Less cynical: they're following HIPPA regs that limit the divulging of a person's health conditions.

2 theories: cynical one 1st: they don't want to admit that they are letting guys get surgery in season for items that players typically play through and then get repaired in the off-season. If they never admit what the injury is, they can't look bad.

Less cynical: they're following HIPPA regs that limit the divulging of a person's health conditions.

Good insight on the 1st theory Taro.  GMTM may have taken tanking to an art form.

2 theories: cynical one 1st: they don't want to admit that they are letting guys get surgery in season for items that players typically play through and then get repaired in the off-season. If they never admit what the injury is, they can't look bad.Less cynical: they're following HIPPA regs that limit the divulging of a person's health conditions.

I used a whole lot less words to say the same thing.;)

HIPAA (sorry, pet peeve).

But the truth is that they can divulge his injury information if he had agreed to allow it.  Players might have to agree to that as part of signing a contract with the team given that the team needs to know the nature of the injuries and by rule they would have no right to know unless the players released the information.  That's why I think they probably sign away that right to the team at least.

Well, there's been the trend of releasing limited information (upper body/lower body injuries) over the past few years.  I think that initially got started with teams wanting to ###### with competitors about game night lineups and matchup scenarios, especially during playoffs, but now it seems like that language has been become standardized.

Why you would use the language with an injury that's been declared season-ending? Cue the theories.  Tanks' first theory is probably right: GMTM may be letting guys he doesn't plan on trading get repaired so that they're definitely healthy for next season.  Bonus for helping the tank in the short term.  Double bonus for not making players play injured.

Edited by Я знаю физика

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.