GDT Nashville at Buffalo 2-22-2015 6PM MSG WGR

Brawndo

I'm looking forward to McCabe.  He hasn't been up with us since his seven game introduction more than 10 months ago.  He's leading defensemen in points in Rachacha.

McCabe had opened some eyes when he was named to the All-B1G team as a junior and then captained the 2013 Team USA WJC team to gold with six points in seven games.  He projects as a potential #2-3 defenseman.

From HF:

Talent Analysis

For such a young player, McCabe thinks the game remarkably well. He possesses excellent vision and anticipates/follows play quite well. While his decision-making does need to improve, it should come with development and maturity.  What makes McCabe so effective in defensive situations are his stick work and grit. Another notable characteristic of McCabe’s is his skating. He has good agility and moves well both north-south and laterally.

I'm looking forward to McCabe. He hasn't been up with us since his seven game introduction more than 10 months ago. He's leading defensemen in points in Rachacha.

McCabe had opened some eyes when he was named to the All-B1G team as a junior and then captained the 2013 Team USA WJC team to gold with six points in seven games. He projects as a potential #2-3 defenseman.

From HF:

I'm looking forward to it as well. I haven't seen any of Rochester this year and it's his first professional year but I thought I heard he hasn't played well. Any roch fans chime in on that? I assume just an adjustment period.

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow  3m

#Predators are 6-1-1 all-time at Buffalo. Only regulation loss was 8-4 on Feb. 27, 2008.

Scouts per Sabres Buzz 

Winnipeg, Carolina, NY Rangers, Vancouver, Dallas, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, Colorado, Edmonton, Ottawa and Philly.

I imagine Carolina, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa are scouting Nashville, more so then the Sabres. 

Hutton in net for Nashville

The whole Mezaros/Benoit/Pysyk situation really makes you wonder if GMTM had a grand plan all along. No way Benoit and Mezaros fell off thus far from last year. Murray did his homework, knew these guys were terrible and placed him squarely on his blue line for the tank.

Pysyk being buried in Rochester, the coup de grace.

Edited by Inkoslav Manilov

The whole Mezaros/Benoit/Pysyk situation really makes you wonder if GMTM had a grand plan all along. No way Benoit and Mezaros fell off thus far from last year. Murray did his homework, knew these guys were terrible and placed him squarely on his blue line for the tank.

100% agree.  If so, he's a genius, if not, we have more suffering to endure.

I must disagree.  Benoit and Meszaros were brought in for two separate reasons. Benoit was here because we needed a cheap depth defender who had shown some signs of decent play in the past.  Murray knew he wasn't a world beater but also that he was generally reliable at the NHL level.

Meszaros was a defender Murray had seen play well in Ottawa and one he hoped could be better given the shot.  Murray didn't bring in Meszaros to help us tank but to see if he could be added to and help a team. Obviously Meszaros has had major issues this season.

I think Pysyk went back to Rochester because Zadorov had to stay in Buffalo and they needed to clear someone off the roster.  Murray had no problem letting Pysyk sit another year in the minors because development was still happening.  

Now with the injuries call ups must be made and Murray can see exactly what Meszaros and Benoit bring to the team.  Now he has evaluated them and can move on.

I think Murray didn't care who or what he was signing when he signed the two. He knew they weren't fantastic blueliners so he could make sure they were put in a situation to fail. There is some talent in all these guys but they're being set up to fail which I'm completely okay with.

I think Murray didn't care who or what he was signing when he signed the two. He knew they weren't fantastic blueliners so he could make sure they were put in a situation to fail. There is some talent in all these guys but they're being set up to fail which I'm completely okay with.

That's the genius part, signing guys who most thought were capable when he knew, in fact, they were not.

35 years ago today was the Miracle on Ice game in Lake Placid.  4-3 USA over USSR.

Ya!!! :)

And wow, that long ago :(

I was thinking same thing, or Pysyk isn't ready???

I'm disappointed that tonight, out of any home game, we didn't wear our 3rds

Two Nashville players ran into each other, then cody and larsson went in on goal and Larsson did the 'freeze the goalie, and try to go around him and get it into the open net' thing, but got checked at the last second

And then Ennis had a breakaway

Damn that is exciting, can't believe I missed our best offensive opportunity tonight. Thanks for the recap

Edited by WildComrade

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.