GDT Sabres at New Jersey 2-17-2015 7:30 NBCSN

Brawndo

CallawaySabres, on 17 Feb 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

I really hope Neuv proves he can be a number 1 next year.

Neuvrith flops around a bit too much, sort of like Enroth used to.  He also needs to take the cue from Miller and Enroth and spend an extra 15 minutes each practice working on shoot-outs.  Also, his tracking of the puck isn't on par with the latter two:  he seems to get surprised by deflections too much.  Finally, one thing Miller seemed to have taught Enroth that Neuvirth needs to start doing, is cup the back of his legs when he doesn't know where the puck went.

Neuvrith flops around a bit too much, sort of like Enroth used to. He also needs to take the cue from Miller and Enroth and spend an extra 15 minutes each practice working on shoot-outs. Also, his tracking of the puck isn't on par with the latter two: he seems to get surprised by deflections too much. Finally, one thing Miller seemed to have taught Enroth that Neuvirth needs to start doing, is cup the back of his legs when he doesn't know where the puck went.

I don't see it as flopping. He's a tad jumpy but it's more of a pounce than a flop. Always quick to find the loose puck and just get his body on it.

It's only two games, but Bogosian again looked very good.

I haven't seen that mix of mobility, reliability and physical edge on this team since Mike Ramsey.

I can't say I am expecting him to be a number one defenceman, but I sure like the way he seems to want the role.

Long-term, it looks like we should at least be counting on him to be a Jay McKee.

If another McKee is the second-best player we get in this trade, nice work Tim Murray.

Edited by dudacek

It was the 30+ rebounds really.  We just played a team that sucks giant puck at scoring and his rebound control was terrible. Nuevirth doesn't pass the eye test whatsoever.  Every time someone shoots on him, I expect something bad to happen.

Neuvirth had a good night. He was positionally sound, but fighting the puck at times. A few juggles ended up right in front of him short - but NJ really didn't have any net presence. Solid outing for him. Not perfect, but solid.

Neuvirth had a good night. He was positionally sound, but fighting the puck at times. A few juggles ended up right in front of him short - but NJ really didn't have any net presence. Solid outing for him. Not perfect, but solid.

I'll agree he was solid last night but there is a part to his game that is off.  I think it is his inability to control rebounds.  If the Devils had driven the net on a couple of those chances, they would have scored.  I just don't see him as a long term starter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.