Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Over here, I'll distract him ...

On February 27, 1980, the Winnipeg Jets sent Bobby Hull to the Hartford Whalers for future considerations. I think Hartford absolutely STOLE the Golden Jet ...

Edited by N'eo

Don't get distracted Ducky and keep posting in the Rod and Gun Club thread.  But I think the trade discussion comes down to a wash.  The Jets got what they wanted and at a minimum we got Jack.  Kane is no choir boy, but he is not an ax murderer either.  Bogo is in our top 4 so we're good.  We gave up alot but Jack seems to be worth it.  

Glad u guys are happy with Kane...love is blind.

He can play hockey at a high level..

If hes traded he is traded if not he will perform very well. 

That being said I lean towards trading him because I think he will screw up again.. He's a young kid who can't handle his alcohol and I don't see him quitting the sauce anytime soon. I known lots of people in my days where they are good fun persons until about 7 or 8 cocktails... at that point they just start to turn and start making really weird and bad decisions, and the next day they can;t tell you why it happened.

Everyone seems to thinkthat Mhers and Staf are useless but that you guys got Eichel because they were traded. Makes no sense to me.

They aren't useless. We just don't want them on our team. They have 0 leadership qualities and needed to be moved.

We won the tank by what 3 points? Yea they were good enough to get us 3 extra points.

Sorry you don't understand that no Sabres fan want them back. Years of watching them fail makes us not care what they do for Winnipeg.

It has been explained multiple times why we don't want them. Let's all move on.

Everyone seems to thinkthat Mhers and Staf are useless but that you guys got Eichel because they were traded. Makes no sense to me.

Again, the "Stafford needs to go." Thread was active here for THREE years before that trade happened. We are not making things up after the fact to feel better about ourselves. A forum search would show that we were getting just as sour with Tyler as well. And yes, replacing their bodies with those of Zac Dalpe and Tyson Strachan did help us get Eichel.

Glad u guys are happy with Kane...love is blind.

Very few are happy with Kane, at least off the ice.

Most would do the trade over again. It made us a better hockey team.

Hopefully Jets fans will be able to say the same.

Over here, I'll distract him ...

On February 27, 1980, the Winnipeg Jets sent Bobby Hull to the Hartford Whalers for future considerations. I think Hartford absolutely STOLE the Golden Jet ...

We got taken by you guys in the Hawerrchuk deal too, so what?....I admit when the Jets have made a bad move....signing Pavelec for as long and as much? Bad move? Thorburn? Same thing. Stuart? One of the worst contracts we have...........nope, the worst. Hull was over the hill. How many games did the wife-beater play after he left here?

A little info for you guys that say the trade helped you get Eichel.....the tank was for 1st overall, not 2nd. You finished last overall and the third last team got 1st overall. Maybe you should have tried a little harder to win games. The Jets fairly played well down the stretch and finished 6th last and got 2nd overall...just saying maybe you shouldn't have tanked so hard and maybe tried to win?

We got taken by you guys in the Hawerrchuk deal too, so what?....I admit when the Jets have made a bad move....signing Pavelec for as long and as much? Bad move? Thorburn? Same thing. Stuart? One of the worst contracts we have...........nope, the worst. Hull was over the hill. How many games did the wife-beater play after he left here?

A little info for you guys that say the trade helped you get Eichel.....the tank was for 1st overall, not 2nd. You finished last overall and the third last team got 1st overall. Maybe you should have tried a little harder to win games. The Jets fairly played well down the stretch and finished 6th last and got 2nd overall...just saying maybe you shouldn't have tanked so hard and maybe tried to win?

Not true. The tank was to ensure at least 2nd overall.

But did the Myers trade make the Jets better?

Dropped 21 points in the standings, didn't you?

And the Sabres improved by 27?

Probably just a coincidence.

Edited by dudacek

But did the Myers trade make the Jets better?

Dropped 21 points in the standings, didn't you?

And the Sabres improved by 24?

Probably just a coincidence.

We traded mainly for futures to help fill a deleted cupboard. This trade wasn't to win the Stanley cup the year after the trade.

Not true. The tank was to ensure at least 2nd overall.

Yet the 3rd overall got McDavid......

We traded mainly for futures to help fill a deleted cupboard. This trade wasn't to win the Stanley cup the year after the trade.

But did the trade make the Jets a better team?

Roslivic, Lemieux and Armia don't look like they are going to turn the fortunes of your team around.

They're B prospects at best. One of the three might turn into a good second line winger in five years.

Myers is no difference maker and you're already trying to dump Stafford.

Looks to me if all goes well the trade could some day help work your way back to the bubble team you were before you made it.

Lol you sound like a Canadian. The 3rd overall did get Connor, but what did 2nd overall get? We tanked to ensure the best shot at McDavid and to guarantee Eichel. We succeeded.

I have no problem with Winnipeg winning the trade because it payed off for us.

2nd overall btw got Dylan Strome. I'm content with the trade even with Kane's antics.

Lol you sound like a Canadian. The 3rd overall did get Connor, but what did 2nd overall get? We tanked to ensure the best shot at McDavid and to guarantee Eichel. We succeeded.

I have no problem with Winnipeg winning the trade because it payed off for us.

2nd overall btw got Dylan Strome. I'm content with the trade even with Kane's antics.

I may sound Canadian but you spell like someone in kindergarten.

Had you tried harder and ended up in third like the Oilers did, you'd have McDavid, a much better player.

I may sound Canadian but you spell like someone in kindergarten.

Had you tried harder and ended up in third like the Oilers did, you'd have McDavid, a much better player.

Hmm, you appear to be using the classic technique of attempting to deflect attention with personal attacks on trivialities that have little to do with the point of this thread.

Again: has this trade made the Jets a better team?

So far in the only measurement that matters, wins and losses, the Sabres are up by 48 points.

Get a grip. I am Canadian so I am not sure what the comment was supposed to mean. I sound Canadian? Um.......... okay? The point of the thread is the trade. Classic technique....not sure I have been on the internet long enough to know anything classic on here.

Has this trade made this team better? The subtraction of Kane instantly made them better. A team isn't only about on ice. Remove Kane from the Sabres and they are instantly better and can move on and continue building in the right and proper way. Adding Kane was a risk and I don't see it working out.

Let me ask you this. If Bogo and Myers are close to a wash, do you think you could trade Kane for the equivalent of Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic plus Staf's 21 goals last season? Not even close. If you could, he'd be long gone.

Staf outscored him last year by the way. Actually, he outscored him and was asked to play a more defensive role for about 25 games last season. The reason I want Staf gone is because we have young RWers that are coming up that need ice time. Laine will easily cover Staf's O numbers so I say trade him and let the young guys make their mistakes now and start learning the pro game. I'd be happy with a 2nd rounder. Armia, Ehlers, and Dano need to see the ice and nobody is unseating Wheeler.

Edited by Ducky

Let me ask you this, if Losing Kane instantly makes a team better, why did the Jets get 21 points worse?

Why did the Sabres get 27 points better?

There seems to be a lack of evidence supporting your argument.

Edited by dudacek

Implying that Kaner helped you increase 27 points??? You are losing credibility fast....

Staf outplayed him for God's sake man. He is an arrogant little pr$%k that feels he is entitled. Have you heard the reports on what he was saying that night? Do you really want this guy on your team?

Losing Kane (a 3rd liner here by the way) didn't make us lose 21 points believe me.

I honestly wouldn't give you Staf for KAne and I don't want Staf playing RW for us this year.

Listen close cuz I am typing slow...

C A N C E R

But did the trade make the Jets a better team?

Roslivic, Lemieux and Armia don't look like they are going to turn the fortunes of your team around.

They're B prospects at best. One of the three might turn into a good second line winger in five years.

Myers is no difference maker and you're already trying to dump Stafford.

Looks to me if all goes well the trade could some day help work your way back to the bubble team you were before you made it.

Coming from someone whose team has averaged 65 points a season (59 points the last 4) for the last 5 years? Okay...

Edited by Ducky