Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

We all love what you've become, Liger.  No worries.

Tank will get there someday, too.

lol, thanks.  it has been an interesting few years for me

That said, the more I look at this trade the more I see it for what it is.  1 of Armia, Lemieux or that 2015 1st have to become Kane which is a very tall order.  Now granted if more than 1 of them pan out it could equal Kane but as has been discussed elsewhere the winner of a trade is the one who gets the best player.  I think there are exceptions to that rule but I don't think there is in this particular instance.  Still we should wait 3 years before we can properly judge winners. As of this post, I think both teams won. 

lol, thanks.  it has been an interesting few years for me

That said, the more I look at this trade the more I see it for what it is.  1 of Armia, Lemieux or that 2015 1st have to become Kane which is a very tall order.  Now granted if more than 1 of them pan out it could equal Kane but as has been discussed elsewhere the winner of a trade is the one who gets the best player.  I think there are exceptions to that rule but I don't think there is in this particular instance.  Still we should wait 3 years before we can properly judge winners. As of this post, I think both teams won. 

Well, Stafford could become Kane.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It was a good hockey trade.

Edited by Eleven

It all depends on Kane.  Right now it looks like he needs to be really good to justify the trade, because Myers looks like a force.

Again.... the trade was about depleting the roster this year to win the shart. Doesn't matter if Kane does 0. If he does anything at all, it's a bonus.

Again.... the trade was about depleting the roster this year to win the shart. Doesn't matter if Kane does 0. If he does anything at all, it's a bonus.

I think the trade was about trading one core player to acquire two.

Murray would have done it even if Kane wasn't hurt.

I don't know where this is coming from.  Kane was of course the primary return, then bogosian, then the fact it hurt us this year.  If kane is a bust then this was a complete failure.  

If you are being serious about this, I completely disagree. 

I'm with nfreeman. 

I'm with nfreeman.

I'm with Liger.

There are several posts in this thread to the effect that a key point of this trade was to make the Sabres weaker in the short run to help fortify the Tank.  I think someone (besides me) actually made the statement that if all this trade did was weaken the Sabres to help insure the Tank it was a success, regardless of what Kane does.

Having said that, I think Evander Kane will be fine.

There are several posts in this thread to the effect that a key point of this trade was to make the Sabres weaker in the short run to help fortify the Tank.  I think someone (besides me) actually made the statement that if all this trade did was weaken the Sabres to help insure the Tank it was a success, regardless of what Kane does.

Having said that, I think Evander Kane will be fine.

Well, the existence of other posts supporting a silly (IMHO) position doesn't make that position any less silly (again, IMHO).

Also, I don't think this trade went very far towards ensuring the DFL finish.  The Sabres subtracted Stafford, who would've been gone at the deadline for futures anyway, and, for the remainder of this season, they exchanged Myers for Bogo.  Myers contributed a bit more than Bogo for that portion of the season -- especially since Bogo got hurt -- but was the spread really that great?  Would having Myers instead of Bogo have made the difference between #30 and #29?  Perhaps, but I'm skeptical.

If you want to say that the incremental difference between Myers and Bogo contributed towards the DFL finish -- OK, fine.  But I don't think it was decisive, and I certainly don't think it was an important factor in TM's decision.  He wanted Kane.

Now we just need to hope that he was right about Kane.

If you want to say that the incremental difference between Myers and Bogo contributed towards the DFL finish -- OK, fine.  But I don't think it was decisive

I won't disagree with you. 

And actually now that I think about it, the context was something like, "What if Kane turns out to be a bad-attitude cancer in the room and doesn't score?"  "As long as this gets us McEichel, who cares?"  But I'm too lazy to go through 30+ pages of thread to find the relevant posts.

Why do we need to hope? He's a proven commodity.

I shouldn't be, but I'm shocked at posters questioning if Kane will be any good. Ye of little faith.

Gotta be because he's out west for a while or something. Verified player.

Beautiful goal scorers goal by Stafford last night. He's looking much more patient with the puck, waiting on his teammates, letting the play develop. Playing with a center is going to earn that guy millions of dollars. 

'twas an absolute snipe.  I triple-taked when I saw it.  My mom flipped out "Why didn't he ever do that for us!" :lol:

Well, the existence of other posts supporting a silly (IMHO) position doesn't make that position any less silly (again, IMHO).

Also, I don't think this trade went very far towards ensuring the DFL finish.  The Sabres subtracted Stafford, who would've been gone at the deadline for futures anyway, and, for the remainder of this season, they exchanged Myers for Bogo.  Myers contributed a bit more than Bogo for that portion of the season -- especially since Bogo got hurt -- but was the spread really that great?  Would having Myers instead of Bogo have made the difference between #30 and #29?  Perhaps, but I'm skeptical.

If you want to say that the incremental difference between Myers and Bogo contributed towards the DFL finish -- OK, fine.  But I don't think it was decisive, and I certainly don't think it was an important factor in TM's decision.  He wanted Kane.

I don't disagree with this.  But I think the Tank was still considered.  As in, if Kane was healthy then I bet TM waits until the offseason to make that trade.

I shouldn't be, but I'm shocked at posters questioning if Kane will be any good. Ye of little faith.

I never questioned him; just saying that even if he doesn't produce big-time, the trade helped the Sabres.

'twas an absolute snipe.  I triple-taked when I saw it.  My mom flipped out "Why didn't he ever do that for us!" :lol:

I feel really glad for him. Go Jets!

I don't disagree with this.  But I think the Tank was still considered.  As in, if Kane was healthy then I bet TM waits until the offseason to make that trade.

Kane being hurt is not nothing, but I would guess that TM looked at it more as a bonus than as a condition to doing the deal now.  I think he wanted Kane and he wanted to make sure he got him -- so he made a very good offer at a time when most of the teams who would've been in the offseason Kane auction didn't want to deplete their rosters.

It was a strong, decisive move by TM.  But strong, decisive moves can turn out not to have been the right moves.  We'll see.

Why do we need to hope? He's a proven commodity.

I think he will be good.  My point is simply that I think Myers will be really good, so in order for the Sabres to have made a good trade, Kane will have to be very-good-to-great.

They both helped us get into the playoffs and we needed it this year. It gives Scheifele and Trouba and Lowry a taste and also rewards the team for all the hard work....now, if we could just win the game Saturday night....

If Kane plays to potential, you guys will be happy. If he keeps up his current pace of 25 goals a year, is he worth it? There's a guy in the minors by the name of Nikolaj Ehlers that can't fo to the farm team and is too good for Junior, if he makes the team and rounds out to to the player that management expects, Kane's goals will be replaced. 

http://thechronicleherald.ca/mooseheads/1280340-mooseheads%E2%80%99-nikolaj-ehlers-the-centre-of-attention

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/ehlers-scores-four-goals-in-mooseheads-win/

If Kane plays to potential, you guys will be happy. If he keeps up his current pace of 25 goals a year, is he worth it?

Yes. And if you sign Dreeewwww for 5 Million per year I will again be happy for him, you, and all Jets fans. But sadly, ultimately you wont be. He will let you down. This time next year is when you will really start to question him and coincides with when I think you will ultimately wonder why did we sign this guy for 5 million dollars.

So, welcome back...See you in a year

I think he will be good.  My point is simply that I think Myers will be really good, so in order for the Sabres to have made a good trade, Kane will have to be very-good-to-great.

To me this is silly. Kane will be great. So your point will be revised I'm sure when you come back here to this thread and state, all hail Kane!