GDT: Red Wings At Sabres 7PM MSG

Brawndo

Well... I think that says it all. Not one member of the Sabres leadership on the ice for that ceremony. No former players telling stories? No one at all?

Just throw Hasek on the ice. Let him speak. Let him stand there awkwardly while they screw up the Hasek's Heroes intro and then bring out Gare and Robert to skate the banner over.. let some guy look clueless on how to hook it up, etc.

That's about as bush league as it gets. That's disgusting.

Now.. I am will happily turn off my DirecTV subscription for the season and not watch another Sabres hockey game for the rest of the year... I am saddened. Disgusted.

Just watch the Selanne ceremony and check the difference. Hell. even the FANS were louder, longer. Probably because the Ducks gave them something to cheer about.

I'm done. They can eat it.

That was awkward and weak. Yuck. Can we clean house for the PR staffers for both the Sabres and Bills? Welcome back a legend with the most basic ceremony. Welcome your new superstar coach with... A pizza by your sponsor.

They should've brought somebody in to perform the Czech anthem.

Edited by Tank

That was awkward and weak. Yuck. Can we clean house for the PR staffers for both the Sabres and Bills? Welcome back a legend with the most basic ceremony. Welcome your new superstar coach with... A pizza by your sponsor.

They should've brought somebody in to perform the Czech anthem.

I would have played it while raising his number.

The ceremony didn't move me at all. I was more emotional for Teemu.

Well... I think that says it all. Not one member of the Sabres leadership on the ice for that ceremony. No former players telling stories? No one at all?

Just throw Hasek on the ice. Let him speak. Let him stand there awkwardly while they screw up the Hasek's Heroes intro and then bring out Gare and Robert to skate the banner over.. let some guy look clueless on how to hook it up, etc.

That's about as bush league as it gets. That's disgusting.

Now.. I am will happily turn off my DirecTV subscription for the season and not watch another Sabres hockey game for the rest of the year... I am saddened. Disgusted.

Just watch the Selanne ceremony and check the difference. Hell. even the FANS were louder, longer. Probably because the Ducks gave them something to cheer about.

I'm done. They can eat it.

See, I cancelled DirecTV after last season so that I wouldn't have to pay to watch these no talent hacks.

I listened to it on the radio and the whole time I was thinking, i sure hope this looks more impressive than it sounds.

I guess not.

Apparently the entire organization, not just the hockey department is filled with no talent hacks.

See, I cancelled DirecTV after last season so that I wouldn't have to pay to watch these no talent hacks.

I listened to it on the radio and the whole time I was thinking, i sure hope this looks more impressive than it sounds.

I guess not.

Apparently the entire organization, not just the hockey department is filled with no talent hacks.

I had a hell of a deal with DirecTV still going last season... and I had time to watch other things. But, now that Dish is serving up their Sling service for $20 per month I am done with all service. Assuming they can execute the delivery of content properly the person who dreamed up that package at $20 should be getting a nice promotion. At least it covers the stations most commonly watched in my house, minus MSG.

For what it's worth. Ted Black is in charge of this kind of garbage. He's responsible for those people and this production. It's horrible. Unacceptable.

I guess if the front office won't put in any effort then the players shouldn't either. Then... why should the fans?

For what it's worth. Ted Black is in charge of this kind of garbage. He's responsible for those people and this production. It's horrible. Unacceptable.

I guess if the front office won't put in any effort then the players shouldn't either. Then... why should the fans?

Isn't Kim Pegula in charge of the production part of both the Bills and Sabres?

If someone could send me Mr. Blacks direct feedback link that would be cool.. but here's what I just sent the team. Well, I think I sent. After all it just took me back to the main page with no information that it was received.

Dear Sabres Leadership,

A few nights ago I watched the Anaheim Ducks pay tribute to a great player in Teemu Selanne. The ceremony was covered on NHL Network. How great I thought. Teemu was a great player and deserves a ton of respect. He played a long time and played the right way. It was great to see. Knowing that in a few short days the team I root for would be raising #39 to the rafters gave me hope that Buffalo might shine in the national spotlight. After all, our team may be struggling but at least we could put on a great show for a goaltender who meant everything to the franchise when he played and certainly meant a lot to fans.

So, I was dismayed when I saw no listing for the Hasek ceremony on the NHL Network guide. No worries, at least we can still put on a good show for our fans I figured.

I am writing tonight to tell you that tonight's ceremony for Dominik Hasek should serve as notice to every player who dons the Sabres logo that the franchise just doesn't care. You'd think that one member of the leadership would speak or even be seen on the ice. You'd think that some former players would be on hand to tell a story or two about their teammate. You'd think someone other than Mr. Hasek would be on the ice, all by himself.

You'd think that the production team could at least get the kids on the ice after that extremely awkward moment where Mr. Hasek is looking around and shrugging his shoulders. While it was a nice touch having Danny Gare and Rene Robert skate out the banner it became somewhat of a circus sideshow when the gentleman who was hooking up the banner couldn't get that right.

Good production people exist in this world. They might even be in Buffalo. I am certain the Sabres could find a few somewhere in the world. They paid to have former players flown in for the 40th anniversary after all.

So what does that ceremony say to players? That ownership can't be bothered to show up for a banner raising ceremony? They don't happen all that often. That ownership can't be bothered to put on a good show for the fans? That ownership can't be bothered to celebrate the career of a an all-time great NHL player, let alone a Sabre?

What I see tonight echoed the effort on the ice some nights. Why should the players try when ownership doesn't want to? Why should the fans care if ownership doesn't appear to?

For what it's worth that was the last time this season I will have a Sabres game on in my house. It might be the last time for quite some time assuming the NHL doesn't begin accepting that local fans don't want to have an expensive TV subscription just for 82 games a year.

I had thought about using the money I saved to buy tickets for my son and I to attend a game. I've thrown that idea out the window as well. After all, why should I give any money to this team after that wretched display?

The entire thing stinks of a cheap marketing ploy to try and sell tickets in what was bound to be a horrible season.

This is just another in a long line of blunders in honoring former players. For all the talk about cherishing the fans it certainly seems as though they had their faces spit in tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.