Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Wow do we need McCoy and Watkins.

Karlos 18 rushes 40 yards.

Percy 3 catches 26 yards.

That was not the "next man up" performance we needed.

And McCoy looks like he's out for another month :wallbash:

I think I'm joining Claude in the "8-8 if we're lucky" club.  Hope there's still room. :blush:

Regarding Dareus, despite my vehement defense of Rex (which is likely to continue), I am reminded of Dareus' quote in training camp about the DL coach changing the way he played some, focusing more on gap control than pushing up field. 3 games in, maybe there's something to that. But I am both willing to give it more time to play out and willing to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt that he can adjust if things are amiss. His defensive track record earns him that IMO.

It was bad when they needed it, but it wasn't a scheme thing, which is what the original critique was. Bradham needs to make a tackle on Rashad freaking Jennings.

Fair point on the score effects, but the way they got that lead I really don't put on the defense.

Well whatever they're doing is not working.  Dareus has been practically invisible.  Time to rethink the way he's being used?

Wow do we need McCoy and Watkins.

Karlos 18 rushes 40 yards.

Percy 3 catches 26 yards.

That was not the "next man up" performance we needed.

And McCoy looks like he's out for another month :wallbash:

I think I'm joining Claude in the "8-8 if we're lucky" club. Hope there's still room. :blush:

Watkins I agree. I think that had a big effect on the coverage Harvin was seeing, rendering him less effective. But McCoy? I want him back of course, but the OL is far and away a bigger problem than his injury.

Well whatever they're doing is not working. Dareus has been practically invisible. Time to rethink the way he's being used?

Could be. Hard to say without knowing more though. Are the usage/responsibility changes truly drastic, or is he playing like poop with only minor adjustments? I really can't say.

Watkins I agree. I think that had a big effect on the coverage Harvin was seeing, rendering him less effecti :thumbsup: ve. But McCoy? I want him back of course, but the OL is far and away a bigger problem than his injury.

I will totally agree that our OL sucks.  Let's see, anything good we can build on?  Our secondary seems ok sometimes, oh and our punter is good.  :thumbsup:

I will totally agree that our OL sucks. Let's see, anything good we can build on? Our secondary seems ok sometimes, oh and our punter is good. :thumbsup:

I remain unconcerned about the defense overall. I honestly believe they'll be everything we thought they'd be coming into this season, just the adjustment period may be a little longer than we'd like. While I'd like a little more here and there, I just can't bring myself to kill them when our offense generated 78 yards in a half against a mediocre defense. Living or dying on the arm of a QB with 4 career starts is sort of terrifying, but I really think it the best route to go...and I've seen enough good to think it can work.

So is anyone willing to retract his nomination for Whaley as GM of the year?

This team has a number of serious flaws, not least of which are significant deficiencies in character and brains.

Is anyone starting to doubt the wisdom of Dareus' extension? Did he even play today? We should certainly hope he puts away the vape pen and the brownies pretty soon, but how confident are you that he will do so?

Dareus is hardly the only laggard on D, of course. In both losses this year, the defense got dominated, at home, for large parts of the game (much more so against the patriots). Notably, in both games, when the bills really, really needed their D to get the ball back at the end to give the offense a chance to tie it up, the defense shriveled up and disappeared.

At least I didn't fall for swamp's ref-related bait this week though, so that's something.

They are 2-2 after four games, with seven out of their last 12 on the road. That projects to...8-8.

Yuck.

Absolutely not.  I don't know how anyone can watch this game and think talent or the roster was the issue.  Seriously, criticizing the Dareus extension?  Come on.  Has anything from the past couple years shown you the talent on defense is an issue?  When they don't produce, you really go to the GM to point the finger, not execution or coaching?

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

This team has a number of serious flaws, not least of which are significant deficiencies in character and brains.

Is anyone starting to doubt the wisdom of Dareus' extension? Did he even play today? We should certainly hope he puts away the vape pen and the brownies pretty soon, but how confident are you that he will do so?

Dareus is hardly the only laggard on D, of course. In both losses this year, the defense got dominated, at home, for large parts of the game (much more so against the patriots). Notably, in both games, when the bills really, really needed their D to get the ball back at the end to give the offense a chance to tie it up, the defense shriveled up and disappeared.

At least I didn't fall for swamp's ref-related bait this week though, so that's something.

They are 2-2 after four games, with seven out of their last 12 on the road. That projects to...8-8.

Yuck.

I love that your post-loss commentary is as predictable as Swamp's is about officiating. Who says we can't use past events to predict future outcomes?!?! :p

Yuck.

yep. 14 points taken off the board and the PI indifferences in the first half had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. You are so cool.

Absolutely not. I don't know how anyone can watch this game and think talent or the roster was the issue. Seriously, criticizing the Dareus extension? Come on. Has anything from the past couple years shown you the talent on defense is an issue? When they don't produce, you really go to the GM to point the finger, not execution or coaching?

The GM's job is to assemble a winning team, and he has to be accountable for the failure to achieve that goal. So far, this is not a winning team.

If they finish 8-8, how will you feel about Whaley?

And I'm not impressed with Dareus. For that much money he needs to bring it every game and shut down the run the way 10 Washington used to.

I love that your post-loss commentary is as predictable as Swamp's is about officiating. Who says we can't use past events to predict future outcomes?!?! :p

If the team is lousy every year, am I not supposed to post that they are lousy?

Every loss we all lapse into the same coping patterns :lol:

But I do agree with a lot of what Freeman said. Save for maybe a little of the I-toldya-so.

I still think the Bills are a top 5 AFC team and expect them to make the playoffs.

The GM's job is to assemble a winning team, and he has to be accountable for the failure to achieve that goal. So far, this is not a winning team.

If they finish 8-8, how will you feel about Whaley?

And I'm not impressed with Dareus. For that much money he needs to bring it every game and shut down the run the way 10 Washington used to.

Dareus and Washington are much, much different players. And yes, I know the obvious snarky comment I'm inviting here.

If the team is lousy every year, am I not supposed to post that they are lousy?

I'm talking about the content, not the conclusion.

Edit for too-late snark: if the officials are lousy, is Swamp not supposed to post they were lousy? BOOM :nana:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

yep. 14 points taken off the board and the PI indifferences in the first half had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. You are so cool.

So you've taken the worm off the hook and replaced it with bacon, eh?

Even though I love bacon, I will say no thank you.

Swamp, you and freeman are never going to see eye to eye on this. We don't need to re-hash the argument every week.

Who's arguing? I specifically said I wasn't interested in doing so.

This game was such a sh*tshow I have a hard time summing it up succinctly without a rewatch.

Penalties at crucial, crucial times. How do you get illegal formation on a field goal? A questionable INT as Taro pointed out. A fumble by Woods that should not be a fumble, don't care what the rules say. Arm tackling all game vs the rush leading to 9 or 10 yard gains. TT overthinking the entire 1st half. KW lacking the dynamic playmaking of McCoy. 

AGAIN starting the game being helpless against short, timed slants. I saw it in the All-22 and I'm a total amateur, how the hell didn't Rex and Thurman see it? Carpenter is no longer reliable. He doesn't believe in himself and it's written all over his face. Thigpen insisting on fair catching inside the 20. 

Just a total sh&tshow. 80% on coaching/preparation/playcalling/lack of discipline. 20% on refs. 

And how the hell does Kouandijo get a false start on a hard count? Not even a false start, that guy honestly thought that we were running a play. I swear he has anxiety problems or something. I saw it in the draft room on draft day and it explains how someone with his talent doesn't do anything last year. He look scared as hell when Glenn went down. Scared like how I'd be scared if I was thrown out there to block.

Someone needs to teach him some deep breathing exercises or something.

the last time we had even an average football IQ team was with Flutie in the late 90s. and even then we had to deal with wades horrible sideline decisions,no head set,and his awful special teams(coach).

we really have to go back 20 yrs since we were  the smarter/better coached team on a consistent basis.

Edited by calti

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.