Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I hear tell that the Bill's are making calls to move either up in the 2nd round to get him or up into the late 1st to get him. 

How do you have two master's degrees with your haphazard apostrophes?

Back to the matter at hand:  I would not draft this kid before the third round.

How do you have two master's degrees with your haphazard apostrophes?

Back to the matter at hand:  I would not draft this kid before the third round.

Well to be honest, I am working on the second one.  Surprised someone even remembered I mentioned that.

Also I am a millenial which means my grammar and spelling are terrible.

Finally... yea I am not a big Bryce Petty fan but people who follow the NFL draft on a hardcore level say we are very interested. 

He will not be fine unless you mean his mad clipboard skills.

How does everyone feel about trading up into the first for Bryce Petty? I hear rumors this may indeed be happening.

If we trade up to draft Petty I will instantly lose all faith in Whaley and look into buying a new pitchfork. That said, I think all the talk about our interest in Petty is a smokescreen to increase the asking price for our 2nd round pick when we try to trade down. I hope that's what it is, anyway.

If we trade up to draft Petty I will instantly lose all faith in Whaley and look into buying a new pitchfork. That said, I think all the talk about our interest in Petty is a smokescreen to increase the asking price for our 2nd round pick when we try to trade down. I hope that's what it is, anyway.

It cost $50K to fly all those aholes down there......if you are wasting time trying to leverage the 50th pick a few days before the draft.....you don't deserve to run a Checker's let alone a billion dollar football team......

It cost $50K to fly all those aholes down there......if you are wasting time trying to leverage the 50th pick a few days before the draft.....you don't deserve to run a Checker's let alone a billion dollar football team......

Are you complaining about Pegula's ownership of the Buffalo Bills? He's been the owner since October! Sheesh!

Are you complaining about Pegula's ownership of the Buffalo Bills? He's been the owner since October! Sheesh!

I'm saying when you send your "braintrust" across the country, 2 days before the draft in order to provide a smokescreen for your 50th pick, when your 2nd round pick last year took about 6 snaps......you are a bunch of morons.

I don't think that is the case. They either really like Petty, or they are morons.

@ClaytonESPN: RT @MilewskiPaul: @ClaytonESPN, so it looks like the Bills trading there 1st last year wasn't a huge lost. So you agree? agreed.

@SportsCenter: Browns offer two 1st-round picks to Titans for No. 2 overall selection, where they would plan to take Marcus Mariota. (via @PatMcManamon)

@ClaytonESPN: The Titans said yesterday they had only 16 first-round grades. That means at No. 19 or No. 20, they would be taking a second-rounder.

@ClaytonESPN: Two first round picks from the Browns to the Titans is clearly not enough to spark a trade for Mariota. Browns would need another No. 1

Are you referring to Checker's on Hertel? Great neighborhood gin mill owned by a HS classmate of mine. It's actually pretty well run, as the employees are treated like family and the patrons are exceptionally loyal!

If I'm Tennessee I tell the Browns that it's 12, a second this year and next year's first or they aren't getting it.

Same here, or something along those lines. This year's 1st round has big drop off around 16, everything beyond that is considered 2nd round material. It's not as if Tennessee is in the Ram's old position(i.e. they don't have a QB like the Rams thought Bradford could be) so they really need to make out big on this trade if they're considering dropping down.

I'm not big on Mariota, so I think Tennessee should trade out. They'll have plenty of suitors (looking at you Chip)

Edited by WildCard

If I'm Tennessee I tell the Browns that it's 12, a second this year and next year's first or they aren't getting it.

It's really tough to tell, with all the differing opinions on Mariota the past couple of weeks.  We'll never truly know the Titans' perception on him (and weighing in their forecast for their current QB situation) unless they draft him.

What are your thoughts (and other's) on Hundley, Hoss? I don't like him, think he's too much of a scramble QB, though he at least steps into his throws unlike EJ. I just want a pocket QB

I think he's a better prospect than EJ, but, as many know, that isn't saying much coming from me. If we hadn't brought in Cassel I would be pulling for him or Grayson at 50. Hundley got better as the games went on. He made big plays later in games and played decent against good teams. He's got the traits you want in a young QB. He's got to be coached up well, and I don't think we have the staff to do that for him.

Some analyst on GR said that Petty was a 6th-rounder.  I overvalued him upthread, apparently.

There's obviously going to be some pretty big differing opinions on some of these guys. Many will say 2nd/3rd. Some will say later in the draft because of the fear that he truly is a system QB.

If you're taking Petty it's not to compete right now, and that's not what Buffalo needs. He will struggle making NFL reads because he's never had to make a legitimate read. In the Baylor system it's snap and throw. Most throws are set up before the ball even gets to the QBs hands.

If I'm picking any QB at 50 it's Garrett Grayson. I don't think he should be forced to play right away, but I think he's the best of the bunch. He can make reads but not at a high level just yet. He can make the throws and move the ball with his feet when forced to.

Either way, I don't want this year's draft to prevent them from taking a QB next year because that class is loaded. Free agents and draftees next year.

There's obviously going to be some pretty big differing opinions on some of these guys. Many will say 2nd/3rd. Some will say later in the draft because of the fear that he truly is a system QB.

If you're taking Petty it's not to compete right now, and that's not what Buffalo needs. He will struggle making NFL reads because he's never had to make a legitimate read. In the Baylor system it's snap and throw. Most throws are set up before the ball even gets to the QBs hands.

If I'm picking any QB at 50 it's Garrett Grayson. I don't think he should be forced to play right away, but I think he's the best of the bunch. He can make reads but not at a high level just yet. He can make the throws and move the ball with his feet when forced to.

Either way, I don't want this year's draft to prevent them from taking a QB next year because that class is loaded. Free agents and draftees next year.

Really?  This year, too?

This isn't directed at you per se, but this jogged one of my pet peeves: if there is one universal truth I have learned following the NFL draft, it's that next year's QB class is always better than this year's QB class. 

This isn't directed at you per se, but this jogged one of my pet peeves: if there is one universal truth I have learned following the NFL draft, it's that next year's QB class is always better than this year's QB class. 

It's projected to be much deeper. This year has been projected to be a poor draft beyond the top two for over a year now.

Edited by Hoss

Anyone watching the draft tonight? I understand the Bills do not have a 1st round pick, but who knows what Whaley or should I say Pegula may try to do. I was shocked/excited w/ the aggressive trade to move up for Watkins. I haven't been paying attention to the pre-draft rankings. Is there an offensive lineman that could have an immediate impact? If not, the Bills should stay where they are at. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.