GDT: Sabres at Devils, 1/6/15, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

I was out last night - and missed seeing this one. It's recorded, but.... given the score and the comments here, I think I won't waste any time on it. Sounds painful to watch.

I was at the Preds - Canes game last night and DVR'd this one, but didn't bother to watch it. Figured it was just a replay of the last couple of games.

On another note, I sat right behind the Preds bench last night and you get a whole other perspective on the game when you sit there. The game has a rhythm to it when played at the highest level. Put a bunch of rookies and AHL guys into a lineup (Sabres) and that rhythm is lost.

That's awfully sensitive of you. Probably would've been the classy thing to do, but it doesn't bother me that they didn't.

It's not that they didn't do on it's own....it's the supposed, "we're one big family", and letting Bob Halkidis and Steve Dykstra walk the red carpet.....then two guys who went above and beyond and are more talented than 90% at their craft, get put out to pasture without even a thank you. It really seems to me that things do not exisit in a certain someone's mind if he never paid attention to them or fails to address them.

OMG they Lindy'd him!!!

freeman's ban was the final brutal stroke of the hockey stick against GoDD's helm of hardened tinfoil.

It's not that they didn't do on it's own....it's the supposed, "we're one big family", and letting Bob Halkidis and Steve Dykstra walk the red carpet.....then two guys who went above and beyond and are more talented than 90% at their craft, get put out to pasture without even a thank you. It really seems to me that things do not exisit in a certain someone's mind if he never paid attention to them or fails to address them.

That's a totally fair assessment, I just can't get enraged by a sports organization trying to make itself look good... inconsistently.

freeman's ban was the final brutal stroke of the hockey stick against GoDD's helm of hardened tinfoil.

That's a totally fair assessment, I just can't get enraged by a sports organization trying to make itself look good... inconsistently.

I'm not enraged. Just observant.

I think i learned in the football thread that if people are going to take 60 "Top 25" teams in the literal sense.....I'm swimming upstream against a current that can't be diverted when it comes to things that actually take a few hours of work to understand and aren't listed on CNN's trending page....

I'm not enraged. Just observant.

I think i learned in the football thread that if people are going to take 60 "Top 25" teams in the literal sense.....I'm swimming upstream against a current that can't be diverted when it comes to things that actually take a few hours of work to understand and aren't listed on CNN's trending page....

Waffles

I was at the Preds - Canes game last night and DVR'd this one, but didn't bother to watch it. Figured it was just a replay of the last couple of games.

On another note, I sat right behind the Preds bench last night and you get a whole other perspective on the game when you sit there. The game has a rhythm to it when played at the highest level. Put a bunch of rookies and AHL guys into a lineup (Sabres) and that rhythm is lost.

I know watching that game i was holding onto false hope but I was really hoping the Canes could hold on - even if it was only 1 point.

Skinner hits the crossbar with 20 seconds to go.

On a positive note - Carolina resemembled an actual NHL team vs an excellent opponent. can't same the same for the Sabres.

I know watching that game i was holding onto false hope but I was really hoping the Canes could hold on - even if it was only 1 point.

Skinner hits the crossbar with 20 seconds to go.

On a positive note - Carolina resemembled an actual NHL team vs an excellent opponent. can't same the same for the Sabres.

The Canes are much better without the injuries. But, the Preds pretty much sleep walked through two periods then turned it on in the 3rd and got the win.

Here is an interesting Sabres stat:

We are 11-4-1 when scoring first (a respectable 15th in the league in that stat)

We are 3-20-2 when the opposing team scores first (at the bottom of the league with Edmonton & Washington)

Nice....

Besides the Penn St. thing, if there is one characteristic of the #OneBuffalo ownership team that I really don't care for, it is their lack of respect towards guys that have bled for their craft for decades.

They swept Harry out the door without even a thank you or a press release. Terry made sure to get camera time trying to open Robitaille's gift for him.....but a true HOF broadcaster and guy who had done it all gets misremembered.

Buddy Nix could have at least gotten a one paragraph thank you in a press release. The guy was flying coach to Mississippi and puddlejumpers to Gainesville at 70 years old to try and make Pegula's $1.4 billion experiment successful. His service to the Bills spanned 4 decades.

Is Buddy your father or uncle?

Didn't Nix depart before Pegula became the owner?

EDIT - he apparently remained with the team as a "Special Assistant" until the end of the 2014 season. Apparently Whaley needed "training wheels" for a lengthy period.

However, he only worked while T-Peg was owner for a few weeks and in a very diminished role. I can't see T-Peg giving him gushing thanks for his 80 hrs of service, or whatever it worked out to be.

Is Buddy your father or uncle?

I just appreciate straight shooters who have more knowledge and skill in their pinkie finger than all the wells in Pennsylvania......

Didn't Nix depart before Pegula became the owner?

EDIT - he apparently remained with the team as a "Special Assistant" until the end of the 2014 season. Apparently Whaley needed "training wheels" for a lengthy period.

However, he only worked while T-Peg was owner for a few weeks and in a very diminished role. I can't see T-Peg giving him gushing thanks for his 80 hrs of service, or whatever it worked out to be.

The Sabres put out 25 press releases that Mike Gilbert was on the bean counting team for the Olympics....yet a guy like Neale who impacted the game for a half century in every aspect gets shuffled out the door in the dark of night without a word.

The more things go on, the more I am coming to understand that if Terry doesn't know it, or Terry doesn't want to know it.....it doesn't exist.....

AKA...we want to fire you, but prefer you quit.......

Then what did they do?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they "re-distributed" Neale primarily on the basis of the results from a broadcast survey many of us took in Feb. 2012. Refresher info here:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20946-msg-b-team-broadcast/#entry360603

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they "re-distributed" Neale primarily on the basis of the results from a broadcast survey many of us took in Feb. 2012. Refresher info here:

http://forums.sabres...st/#entry360603

There was once a survey taken in which Barabbas came out ahead.......

I have no issue with them wanting to go in a different direction.....they could have shown some more class in doing so.

Not a huge deal. I think I'm just seeing a lot more ageism these days and total lack of appreciation for history, honesty, and respect.

There was once a survey taken in which Barabbas came out ahead.......

If you're reaching that far, doesn't that pretty much kill it?

Come on, Drane. Give it up. Neale was here for a cup of coffee anyway. It's the lack of ceremony for Lorentz that you should really be upset about. He was a LOT better.

If you're reaching that far, doesn't that pretty much kill it?

Come on, Drane. Give it up. Neale was here for a cup of coffee anyway. It's the lack of ceremony for Lorentz that you should really be upset about. He was a LOT better.

Tim Horton was here for a cup of coffee. We have banners and statues.

Lorenz claimed he left willingly to go fish. Neale said he got sh!tcanned in the middle of the night.

You even pointed out that the Sabres spelled his name wrong on the survey......"What do you think of Terry Pagula as an owner?"

Tim Horton was here for a cup of coffee. We have banners and statues.

Lorenz claimed he left willingly to go fish. Neale said he got sh!tcanned in the middle of the night.

You even pointed out that the Sabres spelled his name wrong on the survey......"What do you think of Terry Pagula as an owner?"

I think Tim Horton is overly celebrated here, if that helps.

Where are you on the lack of ceremony for Lorentz? He was freaking awesome. Neale was annoying.

The cup roleth over. :ph34r:

Nice.

Holy ######, it's Tank, and still a nice one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.