Sabres waive Matt Hackett

BuffaloBorn

I sort of don't care much about Hackett. I don't think he has a future with this club given the number of goaltending prospects we have.

We have a good number of goalie prospects, but we don't really have a top goalie prospect, with the possible exception of Ullmark, who has mostly sucked this year.

We have a good number of goalie prospects, but we don't really have a top goalie prospect, with the possible exception of Ullmark, who has mostly sucked this year.

I figure one of the young guys (Ullmark, Makarov, Liewen, Johansson) will separate himself from the group. And, Enroth and Neuvirth are both young. Someone has to be the odd man out. I figure that is Hackett at current.

Weren't they going to unload one of the 2 up with the big club in order to get him playing time so they don't lose him because of the clause in his contract? Guess they really don't have to worry about the demand for him leaving for a new team......

Might happen once he gets healthy. They won't worry about him getting picked up on waivers because he hasn't been healthy for months and isnt expected to be for a bit longer...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.