GDT: Sabres at Boston 12-21-2014 7PM

spndnchz

I really doubt there'll be anything left for Reinhart to do in the WHL next year but I still think he's too young for the AHL.

He's in the NHL next year. And our team might look really weird if we add him, Grigorenko, Armia, Larsson, and Pysyk. I wouldn't be shocked if Schaller challenged for a 4th line role or if McCabe came on strong in training camp too. Bailey and Baptiste will be signed as well but we'd want to have them start their pro careers in the AHL unless they shock us in training camp.

He's not too young for the AHL. He can play there next year.

I still think he's in the NHL next season, but the AHL is an option.

Or that year we drafted Aaron Maybin when everyone wanted Brian Orakpo.

It's sports; it's not rocket science. The Bills could fire all their scouts and just draft whoever Mel Kiper Jr. is high on and they'd have been better these last 14 years. They're literally worse off than if they had no scouts and just used mock drafts. That's the reality.

This is pretty true regarding the Bills draft history. Every year they try to "outsmart everyone" with their first round pick. And, picking the consensus guy would have generally left them better off. One of the few times the Bills made the consensus pick we landed Marcell Dareus. And, that has turned out pretty well so far.

Yep, just like the year we drafted Whitner when 90+% of fans were hoping for Haloti Ngata and we passed on him. I think the fans are more clued in than the media would ever give us credit for. At least for the first couple of rounds in the draft.

Some might be, some others are pissed we didn't draft Tebow Manziel. most Fans on message boards have about 1000% more knowledge than your Joe fan. Almost every fan I talk to has zero idea when the drafts take place let alone the best players. Just because we can name two players that a dozen posters had boners for doesn't mean there aren't ten times that clamoring for the Tebows of the world.

I still think he's in the NHL next season, but the AHL is an option.

That's good. I have no problem with him making the big club next year, but I don't want him pushed into it if he's not ready. I know the Grigo promotion was driven by injuries but I kind of hope that he sticks from here out. Giving Reinhardt even a few months at the AHL level might be beneficial to his development. Let's not become Edmonton and rush all the prospects up before they're ready.

And throwing all that to the wind.... between Samson and Lemieux, I somehow think Lemieux will break into the NHL more quickly. He seems more driven. I also see him making the same splash on the forward lines that Nikita is making on the back end.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

Foligno did something to his shoulder in the fight. He'll be out for a while. Hopefully MattyMo will be back next game.

Ouch. Kid is too young to be battling shoulder problems already. Not good.

According to this article from today, it's his hand:

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-marcus-foligno-out-a-while-with-apparent-hand-injury-10-players-injured-or-sick/

Also, Nolan said Weber might play tomorrow. I could've sworn he was going to be out long-term, but anything to keep Balls off the ice!

According to this article from today, it's his hand:

http://www.buffaloho...njured-or-sick/

Also, Nolan said Weber might play tomorrow. I could've sworn he was going to be out long-term, but anything to keep Balls off the ice!

That's actually great news. I don't want to hear any more about shoulder injuries for Foligno after he had surgery to fix his shoulder over the off-season.

I believe they said he had knee surgery and that he would be out until at least Christmas. Must have healed quicker than thought.

That's why I was thinking long-term; I'd read knee surgery and just assumed that was going to be more than a couple weeks. Glad he's healed up!

He bought his ticket. He knew what he was getting into.

So did Daryl Talley.

They do ban fighting. It is a 5 minute penalty.

I guess it's a fair point. You can't really ban anything, just increase the punishment.

I just think it's ridiculous. This Code. Foligno has to break his hand to pay back Boston for a hit that turned out apparently to be legal. I'm not even getting into whether Marcus and his dad will be ordering oatmeal at the nursing home some day, one straw.

So did Daryl Talley.

I guess it's a fair point. You can't really ban anything, just increase the punishment.

I just think it's ridiculous. This Code. Foligno has to break his hand to pay back Boston for a hit that turned out apparently to be legal. I'm not even getting into whether Marcus and his dad will be ordering oatmeal at the nursing home some day, one straw.

If Foligno does nothing, then we're back to the "lack of response" stuff again.

And I'm not sure Talley did know what he was getting into. We've learned a lot in just the last five to seven years.

In any event, I believe that Gionta, not Foligno, is the one with the head injury. What I meant was, if you throw a punch, you stand a chance of breaking your hand.

That's good. I have no problem with him making the big club next year, but I don't want him pushed into it if he's not ready. I know the Grigo promotion was driven by injuries but I kind of hope that he sticks from here out. Giving Reinhardt even a few months at the AHL level might be beneficial to his development. Let's not become Edmonton and rush all the prospects up before they're ready.

And throwing all that to the wind.... between Samson and Lemieux, I somehow think Lemieux will break into the NHL more quickly. He seems more driven. I also see him making the same splash on the forward lines that Nikita is making on the back end.

I forget, do we point out misspelled player names?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.