GDT: Sabres at Boston 12-21-2014 7PM

spndnchz

That was one of those situations where we would have been better off just icing the puck and regrouping rather than trying to finesse the puck out of the zone (unsuccessfully).

I agree

Enroth: glove side needs work.

Edited by Nitro60

Yes. I was a goalie in the dark ages (1970s). He tends to drops the glove too low. It is a fatigue factor.

I'll take your word for it, but he did look strong earlier in the game. And just to play devil's advocate: wouldn't fatigue be something he can't really work on (i.e. not a positioning issue)?

Man... they had no business being in this game given the roster and everything else that went down in the 1st, but dammit, they deserved to win tonight with that effort. Hopefully no more players fall ill between now and Tues.

Enroth looked tired on the last two.

Not blaming him. He's been great and it shoulda been Neuvirt playing.

Nothing I saw tonight altered my opinion that Pysyk is, right at this moment, the Sabres' fourth best defenceman.

As much as I like the Nikita/Risto combo, Nikita/Pysyk have such a complementary skill set, it's easy to picture them playing together for years.

Enroth looked tired on the last two.

Not blaming him. He's been great and it shoulda been Neuvirt playing.

Nothing I saw tonight altered my opinion that Pysyk is, right at this moment, the Sabres' fourth best defenceman.

As much as I like the Nikita/Risto combo, Nikita/Pysyk have such a complementary skill set, it's easy to picture them playing together for years.

Agree on both counts.

Biodork...better physical conditioning would help. He has to concentrate and his form. Regroup during play stoppages and go through the mental check list. I did that. I was average and did not play past high school but I know mental fatigue is just a factor as physical.

Zadorov really seems to be coming into his own as of late, he making sound plays; and when he screws up he does a good job not panicing and rather typically fixes it.

Risto, gets back on top in the D man scoring leader race. Seems as if he and Z are in a competition over that doesn't it?

Sad to see them lose after all that effort, but kudos to that young team.

So close. I blame Grigorekno for being soft as butter.

Are you just trying to get to 20 k? He was solid most of the night. He was very responsible on d and his backhand pass to Stewart is a flash of of his potential on o. They are inexperienced and made the the mistakes you g guys make. Hopefully they learn

Biodork...better physical conditioning would help. He has to concentrate and his form. Regroup during play stoppages and go through the mental check list. I did that. I was average and did not play past high school but I know mental fatigue is just a factor as physical.

Fair enough. I just have a hard time blaming him for being tired when he's playing the second game, but I trust you're right on the conditioning / concentration. Enroth is probably still learning what it takes to be a regular starter.

Why is WGR still covering the stupid Bills game instead of airing the Sabres postgame? Grrr.

He should be a fulltime D man now. He earned it last year. I have no problem polishing his game in Rochester, but there's no doubt in my mind he's ready.

It was a fun game to watch.... all except the last two minutes of regulation and the overtime.

Nikita/Pysyk have such a complementary skill set, it's easy to picture them playing together for years.

At this point though, Zad/Risto are more in sync. I noticed a couple miscues in passing between Pysyk and Zadorov.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.